Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AdamSmith

Deceased
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AdamSmith

  1. Those are all excellent points. I agree absolutely that Ellison and Baldwin are grievous omissions. Instead of (or in addition to) Toni Morrison, I would add Zora Neale Hurston.
  2. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Should it ever come to that, you doubtless know that Camden, Maine is much nicer.
  3. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Ah! Just found it on the intrawebs. (Of cuss you meant Cambridge, MA.) It looks great but I think it did not start up until after I moved away, which I did in May 2010. As it happens I will be back in Boston next week at a business conference, but of course trapped in rubber-chicken hotel mass feedings.
  4. That puts you ahead of me! The article-length review/appreciations of each book, behind the hyperlinks in that article, remind me of the ones I want to read, or re-read. Or finish reading! Several of the major ones I started in college, and read just enough of not to look entirely stupid in seminar.
  5. AdamSmith replied to RA1's topic in The Beer Bar
    Alas, rings no bells, even after consulting the Googles. What it be?
  6. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    His little left-hand gesture!
  7. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    "Scared the first time I had sex? Of course I was scared! I was all alone." Rodney Dangerfield
  8. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    You must have hit the Dominate button by mistake.
  9. Well, I love Obama. But on the other hand, there is no denying his Administration's record number (by far!) of whistle-blower prosecutions, stonewalling of FOI requests, defense of rampant NSA practices even post-Snowden, arguably egregiously extra-constitutional drone-strike policies, on and on.
  10. P.S. In that article, I just noticed that each book title is a hyperlink that leads to a full-length article on the respective book.
  11. Mmm! (Seriously.) Garum sauce: ancient Rome's 'ketchup' becomes a modern-day secret ingredient http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/aug/26/garum-sauce-colatura-di-alici-italy-fish
  12. AdamSmith replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The stripper pole in the Bachelor Pad at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
  13. For today's students, evidently English is a second language. Paradise Lost in plain English http://www.paradiselost.org/lmg/Book-1.html
  14. More evidence of Oz's wisdom in keeping his servers in Bangalore.
  15. Goody! Maybe. A cunning plan: if Blackadder returns, where and when should it be set? http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/aug/24/blackadder-returns-cunning-plan-where-when-set
  16. So I Googled "Shatnering a fiver" and got this: Shatnall The act of sharting you pants so bad the crap covers all parts of the underwear. I had to buy five more packs of underwear because i have been having some shatnall lately. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Shatnall
  17. Online text (pirated alas but anyway) of SF genius Stanislaw Lem''s novella GOLEM XIV about a military supercomputer that achieves consciousness and proceeds to lecture mankind about evolution and consciousness. One of my favorite pieces of SF of all time. http://totse.mattfast1.com/en/ego/science_fiction/lect1.html
  18. That's Ms. A. afarensis to you.
  19. I Did Not Know This: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enheduanna
  20. His costume here notwithstanding, Justin has always been someone who thinks out of the box.
  21. Maybe this is Theatre, Art & Literature but I'm putting it up here with hoi polloi instead...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.