Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. I probably watched Letterman a total of several minutes spread over years. If by the Tonight Show you mean Jay Leno, I agree, I never watched him. I did watch Steve Allen, Jack Paar and Johnny Carson "some" but then, TV was so limited then. Best regards, RA1
  2. Good for you. However, it seems that miles/rewards/upgrades are getting harder and harder to obtain, doesn't it? Also the service is getting poorer and poorer or so it seems. Now to answer the question of am I envious? Actually no, although I would have accumulated 1.5 million or more miles during the time in my career when I traveled on the airlines 2 or more times per week. But all this was before deregulation and before awards were in practice. Those of us who were "road warriors" in those days enjoyed empty airliners, relatively cheap fares and, early on, no security. I could walk directly to my gate, write out a DL scrip ticket and go on board. No worries about the plane being full, no worries about security. Just go. Seems like a dream, doesn't it? Well those days kind of still exist. I no longer ride the airlines and go by corporate aircraft whenever. The plane never leaves without me (the pilot) and I never leave without my pax. Seems to work out just fine this way. Best regards, RA1
  3. RA1 replied to MsGuy's topic in The Beer Bar
    MsGuy- Are you trying to interfere with Mother Nature's "start" to recover the Earth with a simple scourge? How many out there that have been fully recovered from Ebola at all, never mind 6 months? How many of those are gay "friendly"? I appreciate the warning. Now how about warning us about Kuru. Best regards, RA1
  4. Cooler than cool. I have not used maps in well over 40 years but I still use charts. It is only very recently that the FAA has allowed a cockpit to be chartless and to do so requires at least two sources of aeronautical navigation material. I may become chartless one day but, in the meantime, it comforts the owner of the plane to have charts on board as a back up to our GPS. Older pilots are very wont to say that young pilots couldn't find their way home from the back yard without a GPS. Like most such musings, there is some truth there but I would be unhappy to not have my GPS. However, regardless of such navigation aids, once you have been "everywhere" it is very helpful when you go back to remember what it looks like. One gender among us generally has more problems with 3-D visualization than the other. Some years back that led the FAA to mandate colorized approach plates. Charts are the "big" picture and plates are the local picture. Best regards, RA1
  5. Even more amazing at 1500 feet and 150 knots. I have been from Torrance to Tacoma and back which is this route and more. Just avoid the busy airports, do not disturb the wildlife sanctuaries and go. I have a video of this trip somewhere in my files. I always like to visit CA and have friends there but have no desire to live there. Best regards, RA1
  6. True but only approved by some US Catholic priests for the honeymoon. Now how do I use a rubber with my 40 caliber Sig Sauer? I do not believe it will be quieter. It will not be safer, especially for miscreants trying to bother me. Please enlighten me. Best regards, RA1
  7. I suppose there is a corollary something like, "And the rich shall always be with us". One problem with homilies, sermons and the like is they are words, not deeds. Yes, I know the pen is mightier than the sword but what about my 40 caliber? Some posters herein like to quote "scientific findings" to support global warming and its cause. Isn't it pretty much a scientific fact that the Rhythm Method is about as reliable as saying I am disease free? Best regards, RA1
  8. When in Rome................... Best regards, RA1
  9. Mother Nature can take care of herself. We might not like it but she can. My question is: How can the Pope (or anyone else) defend poor people on the one hand and then promote their increase on the other? I agree we should not defile the Earth. However, one of its chief polluters is the population itself. Best regards, RA1
  10. I understand and agree. However, toadyism is still toadyism whether learned or genetic. Best regards, RA1
  11. Considering he was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Marines, Ed McMahon was a true toady. Best regards, RA1
  12. I am sorry to lose plants and especially animals but has not this sort of thing happened consistently throughout the life of this planet? Treaties, accords and whatever are not binding and largely ignored by many and especially those that need to modify their behavior the most. The UN is a huge example of this but there are many other organizations that have little to no effect (except in there own minds and perhaps pocketbooks). OK, AS, let's pack up and move to Mars. We can start pillaging that planet from scratch. Best regards, RA1
  13. Interesting. Typical Letterman. I must have watched this show 20-30 times during his tenure. Humorous some of the time. There is no way someone like this (or any other actor or personality) can be worth so much money. There is something to be said for longevity. But, not that much. Best regards, RA1
  14. Now we know why you are sporting the MEGO look. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to Suckrates's topic in The Beer Bar
    You would never get a plane off the ground on a runway that short but I might get off. Best regards, RA1
  16. I think you mean, find a life. Most demeaning things are only demeaning if the instigator thinks they are demeaning. If you hold yourself out to be fondled and do not like it, whose fault is that? Some pilots think they are asked to do too much to satisfy the owner or client. I always have had the attitude that my clients are like guests in my home (aircraft) and we both should act appropriately. This has worked so far (40+ years). Best regards, RA1
  17. What fries? Best regards, RA1
  18. Well I hate to be an "old man" but I certainly remember the song. However, I had no idea of the backstory. I do remember wondering at the time why there was nothing further from the singer. Now I know. RIP. Best regards, RA1
  19. I always sneak glances et cetera during oral. I am sure the justices are likewise inclined. Best regards, RA1
  20. I would prefer that the justices be at least as well informed as we here on this site are. Best regards, RA1
  21. Interesting but can SCOTUS actually rule over changes in customs, etc.? Aren't they supposed to rule on Constitutional issues alone, not political or even societal issues? I certainly realize they do not always but is that not the goal and stated purpose? Best regards, RA1
  22. I am ready to be flashed. Best regards, RA1
  23. For some reason I do not recall this. Of course, at the time, I was minus 155 years old. Even though I do not respect most voters, this is still a Republic, and I am willing to see what happens. There is always the next life. Best regards, RA1
  24. Thanks for the plug, although I benefit only by living here so I can enjoy it whenever. Best regards, RA1
  25. I am not going to answer the question of when did I stop beating my BF. As you know, I am very much a local control citizen. The more local, the better. Most bureaucrats and all pols are incompetent. Therefore dealing with the incompetency at the lowest level is the best. Higher office holders may or may not be slightly more competent but they can do a LOT more damage. If there is a large enough coalition, surely the law can be changed. A state should be large enough to provide same if truly sought by the citizens thereof. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.