Everything posted by RA1
-
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT......
Aren't most of his fans likely just as clueless as he is? The economic incentive always works so your suggestion would surely open his eyes to something. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
An aspirin is a vey effective birth control pill, just hold it between your knees. Best regards, RA1
-
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT......
Zip- Thanks for the reply. There is no doubt this kid has run amok and no one seems willing to provide proper punishment. Do the US border officials actually ask you if you have ever smoked marijuana? After all, you can now buy it in Seattle legally. Best regards, RA1
-
WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT......
According to you, what should have happened? Just curious. Best regards, RA1
-
Not sure why I read sports blogs
Never mind MsGuy. All of us miss words here and there. Best regards, RA1
-
One of our own?? on America's got talent
I have often been astonished and, sometimes, surprised. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
If sprechen sie deutsch, do not be ashamed. Best regards, RA1
-
Cronkite's first CBS Evening News broadcast
I think this should be in the political forum. Most national and worldwide news is political. Also, Uncle Walter was very much a political protagonist, some of such only known later after his demise. It is very difficult for newsies to actually be neutral and WC was no exception. The cigarette ads reminded me that I smoked a lot n my early years and opened many, many new packages of 20. I enjoyed most of that time and those experiences but regret now that they happened. That is life as I understand it. Joy and regret. Thanks for posting this vid. Best regards, RA1
-
One of our own?? on America's got talent
I think there was another give away. I don't think your girlfriend's penis is BiGGER than yours. However, I do think you may have encountered such. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Is this the one with the statue crying because Brazil was beaten by Germany? I knew there was such a picture but did not look for it. This looks more like a crazed Packers fan signaling a touchdown; however, by which team is undetermined. Best regards, RA1
-
Not sure why I read sports blogs
Actually, I don't very much. But, today, catching up on the NBA trading rumors, I read one which mentioned how they all were waiting with baited breath. I suppose sports talkers can have minnows or worms in their mouths in order to bait their breath. Most of us hold our breath when it is bated. It is a relatively slow time for sports. Football is around the corner, basketball is over for 3 more months, tennis is between Wimbledon and the US Open, the major golf tournaments either have already been played or are in the future. The baseball All Star game is next week. Baseball has had some moments but the "pennant race" is yet to commence, so a little slow. Soccer is something to keep you from drinking too much beer at your local sports bar. Ah, well, as always, things will change and soon. Best regards, RA1
-
Stalking the Wild Asparagas
You didn't. Best regards, RA1
-
Stalking the Wild Asparagas
I completely agree with your sentiments but that does not keep me from enjoying asparagus as a vegetable. However, my gout does. Best regards, RA1
-
Stalking the Wild Asparagas
Which creek bed was that growing in and where are the others? Best regards, RA1
-
'2001: A Space Odyssey -- The Making of a Myth'
Of course I found it via Google. Fascinating. Best regards, RA1
-
'2001: A Space Odyssey -- The Making of a Myth'
You barely get the vid posted and it is already blocked. Best regards, RA1
-
'7 bogus grammar 'errors' you don't need to worry about'
Sure, IF the point is emphasis. Best regards, RA1
-
New Reality Show: Gay for Pay Broke Straight Guys
I, on the other hand, would never hire anyone who is untalented. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Well, which is it? Are they pretty or undocumented? Best regards, RA1
-
Special For Hito
I was hypothetically thinking along the lines of the youngest pictured but that was mental at best. Best regards, RA1
-
Special For Hito
Thanks for your kindly restraint. Who in the picture might be Hito? Best regards, RA1
-
Caption This (7-04-14)
Is this the gay version of pick your own lobster? Best regards, RA1
-
More driverless cars
Thanks wayout for the post and AS, I know you have a thing for Ozzies (so do I), so you are accounted for. Thanks to you both. Good links. Best regards, RA1
-
How to put on pants with no hands
I don't care how he did it, I am in love. Best regards, RA1
-
'Pope Francis just expertly trolled his critics'
Pope Francis is someone who I admire and respect but with whom I do not always agree. Certainly the Pope (and everyone else) should have the right to voice publicly whatever opinion they have. However, I wonder when various religious (not necessarily the Pope) figures engage in "practical" politics rather than offering the moral high ground. Is not the separation of church and state at least blurred when this occurs? The question of the poor is a huge and never ending one. The Bible says, and the poor shall always be with us. To me that implies we should not take advantage of them or exploit them but not necessarily provide for their continued and comfortable existence. According to me, everyone should have the opportunity to have a job and take care of themselves and their families. Unfortunately, it is not that simple or easy. Our planed keeps expanding our numbers of people and most of them are poor, start to finish. This is a problem that I think the Catholic Church (and others) are not dealing adequately with either in theory or practice. If I had a "magic" solution, I would offer it forthwith. One problem with re-distribution of wealth, whether by government edict or political persuasion or otherwise, is that after doing so, I firmly believe that "everything" would return to the state it was in before within a very few years. Education is not a given and without it, all things tend to return to their previous state, so to speak. I hope my post is viewed as neither a condemnation nor approval of Pope Francis, only commentary on the issues at large. Best regards, RA1