Everything posted by scott456
-
Where to get tacky souvenirs?
I suggest you buy one of those funky/skimpy garments in Silom as souvenirs. Your boys will love it.
-
Short term accommodations
Are farang expats all gone? BKK is a ghost town now?
-
Short term accommodations
Wow, rent is so cheap in BKK now, high floor 1br for <$800/month?! I had to pay $1200 for a high floor 1br apartment 15 years ago in a similiar location (silom/sathorn area), and that was a one year lease!!
-
Flight Delayed
Don't forget to keep your luggage check receipt. And make sure you have the travel insurance to cover your flight cancellation, delay, luggage delay or lost. Travel insurance is especially important these day with the recent airlines performance.
-
Social anxiety
Whatever the personality problem we may have, we are too old to change it. So just live with it. Let it be.
-
Short term accommodations
Depending on what type of fabric, given the humidity in Thailand.
-
China-Thailand flights set for fivefold increase next month
Oh no, the party is over. Chinese are coming.
-
Farang fraternising?
OK. Sorry I missed this part, he is a local Thai man.
-
A boyfriend?
That's where social welfare comes in to help fulfilling your minimum necessity, at least in the western world. You have paid tax for that during your younger years. Nothing like this in Asian countries though.
-
Farang fraternising?
Who is managing the person's financial and healthcare affairs? I mean in the traditional setting where the person has family, the family usually manage the financial affairs, and coordinate the person healthcare, ie, looking for appropriate doctors, making deposit, paying the bills, and lot of medical treatments require consents. All these small things add up, some seniors are just not capable of doing all by himself.
-
A boyfriend?
Good advice, I have done the appropriate steps for estate planning. In the mean time, I think the best way to handle your estate is to spend all your asset, enjoy your life and leave NOTHING behind.
-
Farang fraternising?
Did Tomcal die too?
-
A boyfriend?
I am more interested in the caring and dying processes of old farangs in Thailand. Did Richard get good care before he died? Or was it a sudden death?
- Short Trip Report - August-22
- Short Trip Report - August-22
- Short Trip Report - August-22
-
A boyfriend?
Perhaps I am a cold person, but I've never fell in love with any money boy. I pay for sexual pleasure, that's all. I don't seek any companionship from money boys, mostly because we wouldn't have anything interesting (to me) to talk about. If I am with a money boy in public, I won't tell people he is my boyfriend. And I would forbid him to tell people we are boyfriends, simply because we are not.
-
Farang fraternising?
Easy to say, but you still need someone to find a live-in caregiver for you, monitor/supervise, coordinate things, take you to appointments...etc. As I mentioned before, most caregivers are lowly educated. Anyone in Thailand speaking passable English would not do caregiver jobs. But, if you are in the Philippines, language won't be a problem, and caregivers there are cheap, very cheap.
-
Farang fraternising?
Not only medical insurance, you need someone to arrange your medical and business affairs. I hate to deal with the insurance and arranging doctor's appointments myself when I am sick. And what about long term care if you have non deadly illness such as strokes.
-
A boyfriend?
I am a introvert and a loner. I usually don't open up myself when meeting people. But once people start finding about my wallet, they all want to attach to me, i.e., be my friends or boyfriends. This rule never failed, never. Money is not the king to me, but it is to the vast majority of people in this world.
-
Farang fraternising?
Years ago, I heard a farang had a sudden death at the massage table at Body Cub @Sukhumvit.
-
A boyfriend?
We are not doing a scientific research here. But I bet the vast majority of the farang and boy relationships involve money, or free rent, free food, free trips. And that is totally fine as long as it works for both parties.
-
A boyfriend?
Philippines export caregivers to foreign countries too. Their advantage is the ability to speak passible English. I personally know a few Filipino nurses in the U.S. I don't know if they are better than nurses of other nationalities. To be honest, most people don't want to be nurses or caregivers. In the U.S., most caregivers working in nursing home or private home are lowly educated, these jobs are just one step higher than janitors.
-
Farang fraternising?
Did those deceased members died in Thailand? Who took care of their dying processes and all the matters afterwards?
-
Why not retire to Thailand?
Economy class is the same 13 hours. What I meant was, I fly business class, and 13 hours in business class is not difficult for me at all. That's why I say Thailand is only a 13 hour business class flight away. I am so sorry some people react to business/economy class issue so strongly.