Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Riobard

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Riobard

  1. Datum on a single date, data for two or more, by the fourth date single unless the third is a marriage date, so say the data, says the datum.
  2. Was datum; were data. Let’s call the whole thing off. I do it myself all the time too. LOL
  3. Oh fuck it. I will never remember to click top right for edit. I will automatically hit quote, where edit used to be.
  4. For months I had to clear my history to log out, but it meant having to later enter all other sites from scratch, not recognition. Then I took a break. Before and now, randomly it seems, my log in gets a prompt indicating unsuccessful when in fact the log in worked, or sometimes I have to log in the main page, rejected, then successful when logging on the forums page. The problem logging out seems to have resolved. ’We are all in this together.’ LOL
  5. This is clearly a photo opp based on a group of volunteers for early phase vaccine development in Brazil, all having received the true vaccine, not a placebo, and demonstrating a robust immune response with evidence of protective antibodies. Good for them. We are way behind up here where I live and facing an imminent second lockdown.
  6. I put it in the simplest format possible. Most people should know by now what the pandemic graphed ‘curve’ means, the ongoing rates of new and total cases. The two subsequent points refer simply to odds of something. There are three sentences. Which of them is problematic for you? Perhaps you would be willing to take a stab at writing a few words about what you think they mean. I suspect you will be correct in your interpretation. If not, I am willing to illuminate further. For now, I’ll add a graph that helps depict the information. LRD is the black line on the graph. You can see that cases are on the rise. Just take the end of the line to the right and think of it as a mirror image of where it would be to the left of the peak ... it plots or tracks to the rate that occurred around the end of June. Sometimes local mitigation measures are re-imposed at points in time that equal case incidence/ prevalence for an earlier date at which such measures were introduced.
  7. Current incidence curve movement is uptick to late June levels. Current chances per day of new infection, adjusting for undiagnosed, about 1/5,000. Probability of death for diagnosed, about 1/40. Current prediction for timing of curve uptick treat access: unknown.
  8. It appears even the locals can get restless, impatient, and a bit snarky ...
  9. Strange. I was able to submit the post but after I inserted the photo the text section froze and I could not add to it.
  10. I don’t think it is Clube 11 or Sauna Fox. One venue has what appears to be maroon-coloured door-frame trim but it is not the same doorway ... he could be standing in another section where the structure is different but that colour scheme may be extended. Maybe msg and ask: Você sabe se o Thermas Club 13 de Itapuã foi reaberto?
  11. Like the article says, no easy answers. I think answers will emerge over the next several years as longer duration of patterns are easier to make sense of. We have not even nearly reached seasonal variance and Chile or Lesotho are not cold enough to generate a comparison. I could likely come up with some ideas but I’d have to drill down into your queries and do a lot of additional reading and review to weigh in properly, while a very small number of readers here are engaged in this topic. I am now involved in a substantial media project related to CoV in my country ... risk conceptualization and management ... It’s now consuming a lot of time and I don’t want to be buried under by the pandemic. —— I am thinking that I will, for good measure, not quote or react to posts on the board until I know the hour had elapsed.
  12. Gonna take a shot though the audience here is tough: Bardot is to Gimenez as, in the camp version, Brigitte Bidet is to Susana Gimme-Jizz.
  13. You implied ‘camping’ out, and it happens that French actress Brigitte Bardot is the celebrity the most associated with Buzios. You can take a selfie sitting beside the statue of her sitting on a bench.
  14. Spain has tended to report mortality in latent data dumping fashion.
  15. However, I will add a thought about national specificity that was not snipped out by accident above because I had not yet written it. Globally there is so far no evidence of waxing/waning/tides/waves. Granted, the temporal variations in case incidence onset and in death incidence for the collective of nations get smoothed out in the global metrics. Death escalated quickly early but globally appears to keep pace with incidence. That pattern suggests considerable variation in incidence:death ratio because, assuming Spain is not unique in lower death reports ... for the average global curve pattern there would need to be other countries with high death rates to offset Spain data, etc. Then the 64-dollar question is accounting for why the virus is selectively death-sparing by country. If Spain is the main driver for the minor downturn in death globally, it remains unconvincing that age is a major factor because age distribution globally is likely similar at this point. Spain, like many nations, does not provide data on recovery:death ratio and that missing metric compromises interpretation. [plus I add a graph next post] Stratifying patterns across 198 nations may be somewhat futile.
  16. @tassojunior, what did I ask? You just knocked out a few complex points as I was adding them, by entering an emoticon reaction during the time I was editing.
  17. The kicker about Spain is that in neighbouring Portugal (proximity perhaps a good comparator basis) the ratio of daily deaths to new cases has been fairly constant, mortality keeping pace proportionally with infection incidence. (time out ... I need to attend to something please do not comment yet as I will come back soon) I decided to not elaborate other than to say there are a few reasons why case incidence to death ratio is a poor metric for the nature of the virus. Had a few paragraphs more but lost them.
  18. Because my estimated figure for antibody assay sample size should be 800,000 ... is everyone asleep or stuck on their ‘socials’ in this lecture?
  19. It wiil However, as I look at several countries’ graphs plotting mortality:recovery ratio across time it appears that many have no alteration at all at any point in time you would estimate if and when masks introduced. Mask impact may also get buried within overall strategic mitigation effects. The real story is the enormous difference in death rates comparing countries. Reporting is not standardized and is a ‘shit show’. Mortality rates depend on the differences among nations in incorporating recorded true deaths from CoV, presumed (how much CoV tipped the comorbidity ones to death), and what proportion of temporally contextualized excess deaths may be attributable to CoV.
  20. With more than 3 billion Americans, bound to be lawsuits.
  21. We need more camp in porn? Will Brigitte Bidet feature?
  22. Hahaha ... doctors get more leeway to backpedal. we only get 60 minutes on this message board to revise before exile from the related post field.
  23. Erratum, 8,000,000 not 15,000,000

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.