Everything posted by Marc in Calif
-
Do you ever respond positively to unsolicited telephone solicitations?
When I donate to a cause or charity that I've researched and vetted, I pay by check only. And I black out my address, leaving only my name. So no credit card or phone number required. All charities have a mailing address.
-
Do you ever respond positively to unsolicited telephone solicitations?
I wasn't talking at all about donations to good causes. I was talking about the global scammers who call to tell me I have problems with my computer, my credit score, my auto warranty, or my IRS payments. They are always scammers because I have no such problems.
-
Dementia Joe confuses his wife and his sister
This incident was in 2020 -- nearly four (4) years ago. Drumpf confused Nikki and Nancy just a few days ago. But here's the big difference: Biden actually acknowledged his 2020 gaffe, corrected it, and joked about it immediately. Drumpf didn't. And he mentioned Nikki's name four times in HIS gaffe! 🤣 Mr Biden introduced his wife Jill and sister Valerie to the crowds. Without looking at the two women, who were behind him, the former vice president grasped Jill’s hand and declared “this is my little sister Valerie.” As his partner shook her head and laughed, Mr Biden added “and I’m Jill’s husband” while reaching for Valerie. After a quick glance behind him the Democrat realised his mistake and announced “they switched on me” before correcting himself.
-
Eight 'suspicious' US deaths in Colombia linked to dating apps
Kidnappers arrested! MINNEAPOLIS — Eh Xiong says his family is overjoyed and closer to getting justice for his brother, Tou Ger Xiong. "We know it cannot bring Tou Ger back, but we also have a sense of justice," Xiong said. He says this is the moment his family have been waiting for since finding out about his brother's murder. Tou Ger was kidnapped and killed in Colombia last month after being held for ransom. Investigators say the captors demanded thousands of dollars from Xiong's family and even after receiving payment killed him. Three adults and a child are now charged with killing him. Video from Colombian officials show the very moment two people were arrested. https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/family-of-tou-ger-xiong-finally-get-justice/
-
Why you not living in Thailand?
Nope. This is the case only if your own life has no purpose outside of work. Some of us do have interests, hobbies, and goals that keep us busy in retirement wherever we might be living -- at home or abroad. If you don't, then you'll always sit on your balcony looking out at the sea, the park, the neighbors, or the street.
-
Do you ever respond positively to unsolicited telephone solicitations?
I do the same, especially with the calls from India. If a guy tells me his name is Donald, I say this: "Well, that doesn't sound right. Can I call you Raj Kumar instead? It's much more appropriate." If someone tells me that my Windows system has a serious issue, I play along as they give me instructions. After about 10 minutes of saying "I can't find a Windows key on my keyboard" or "Where is the Ctrl key?", I finally tell them that my computer is a Mac. And if I keep them on the line for 15 minutes, I end with "Why is your mom's vagina so large? My friends and I have been in there at the same time." This prompts cursing and apoplectic insults that I parry like a standup comedian with a heckler. Eventually, I've wasted a lot of their precious scam calling time. I'm retired, so I have all day for them. 😁
-
Drumpf Confuses Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi!
I'm waiting for Drumpf to say or do (or be accused of doing) something that the Cult simply won't be able to accept or applaud. Here are some examples: Saying what he really believes about Christianity and/or Jesus Evidence that he paid for abortions for one (or more) of his wives, girlfriends, or assault victims. And that it was his idea or demand. Finally agreeing to get on a debate stage and then totally losing his cool, babbling incoherently (much MORE than usual), and physically threatening either a moderator or another candidate -- in other words, losing his sh*t on primetime TV
-
Dominican republic in march?
You're paying? That's so generous! 🥳
-
Russian jet departing from Utapao crashes in Afghanistan
This can also be said about some members of these forums! 😎
-
Drumpf Confuses Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi!
Multiple times in his crazed rant yesterday in Concord, New Hampshire, Drumpf said "Nikki Haley" when he actually meant "Nancy Pelosi." That's clearly NOT a one-time slip of the tongue. It's proof of defective mental processing to keep saying the wrong name in the middle of a campaign rally in January of an election year. Yet again, Drumpf insisted on bringing up the events of January 6, 2021. That's where his brain started unraveling once more -- as we've seen countless times before. https://www.foxnews.com/video/6345264572112 "You know, when she [Haley] comes here, she gets like nine people. And the press never reports the crowds... By the way, they never report the crowds on January 6. You know... Nikki Haley... Nikki Haley... Nikki Haley, you know... they... Did you know they destroyed all of the information, all of the evidence, everything, deleted and destroyed all of it. All of it because of lots of things. Like Nikki Haley is in charge of security. "We offered her 10,000 people, soldiers, National Guard, whatever they want. They turned it down. They don’t want to talk about that. These are very dishonest people.” Trump mixes up Nikki Haley with Nancy Pelosi at New Hampshire rally Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley responded to Trump, questioning his mental fitness for office By Chris Pandolfo Fox News January 20, 2024
-
Any of you wear "no-show" socks?
I wear these only when I'm in shorts. In my opinion, there's nothing worse than an old man (like me) in shorts with socks. And we get to show off our still shapely calves and ankles. 🤓
-
Scene in Fortaleza?
Was he over your moon? Or under it? 😉🌖😉
-
January 2024 Brazil trip
I think you shd stck to your abbrvtd style of writng with not many vowls. The word "unscriptd" would have been sufficient. But "unscriptured" is just too funny to pass up! 🤣
-
Transgender woman accused of 200,000 baht gold theft
Question: As a tourist in a foreign country, should you walk on the beach at night wearing 200000 baht (US $5600) in gold around your neck? Answer: THIS guy thinks he can!
-
Aquarius Gay Guesthouse & Sauna in Phuket
I know that you said you're not looking for "something fancy," but have you browsed through the reviews on popular travel sites? https://www.agoda.com/aquarius-gay-guesthouse-and-sauna/hotel/phuket-th.html?cid=1844104&ds=PSKygX5bcR29AkY6 https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297930-d308748-Reviews-Aquarius_Gay_Guesthouse_and_Sauna-Patong_Kathu_Phuket.html
-
Iowa Carcass
But how in the world did the candidate with "dementia" defeat the most successful, most perfect, smartest, richest candidate ever to run for U.S. president??!! 🤓
-
Iowa Carcass
Thanks for proving my exact point about the media hype! I wonder what the same headline writers and TV talking heads would call the 2020 Iowa carcasses, when Drumpf got 97% of the vote. 😆😆😆 Drumpf is much less dominant against his two remaining opponents. There's no way to say this 🤡 won in a "landslide" in 2024. I'm smelling Results Inflation for 2024!
-
Iowa Carcass
Totally meaningless! It was the big story of the past few weeks only because nothing else was happening. It was the only story on TV last night only because all the channels and networks love elections with all the visuals and numbers. And I'm sure that last night's NFL playoff games took millions of TV eyes away from the nonstop election coverage elsewhere.
-
Iowa Carcass
Drumpf did terribly in the Iowa Carcass. The 110,000 voters (15% of the state's eligible voters) represented the lowest caucus turnout since 2012. Drumpf received about 40% of the votes of the age group 17-44. Drumpf received 37% of the votes of college graduates. Drumpf received 40% of the votes of independents. About 70% of carcassers would still vote for Drumpf on the ballot if he were convicted of a crime. Yet he received ONLY 51% of the total votes in a heavily Republican state. For an incumbent (66% of carcassers believe that President Joe Biden didn't win legitimately) and leading national candidate, that's kind of pathetic. This does not look good for the potential vote across the country. The ONLY reason we're seeing headlines and stories proclaiming an overwhelming Drumpf victory is to create the hype necessary to keep eyes on --- the media itself and its coverage of the 2024 election. Hype sells! 🥳
-
Don't be stingy
My all-time favorite converter!
-
Scene in Fortaleza?
So what? You tried to make that point already. And it's still irrelevant. You're a sad little 🤡 who tries and tries and tries to be relevant. Yet it always backfires. 😁
-
Scene in Fortaleza?
Once again, I ask you to point to a specific statement I made about what I expected. You cannot. You simply make your own petty assumptions. You also don't seem to realize that there are many reasons to choose a particular flight, class, and fare: schedule, duration, stopover options, promotions, upgrade opportunities, and price. So which of those affected my specific choice to fly TAP's business class? I eagerly await your latest guess and misunderstanding. 😆
-
Thermas: hotel? trnsprt?
So nothing at all is NW of Thermas. Earlier in this thread, I wrote that "a stay at an Axel hotel probably works best for those visitors who are too shy or afraid to venture very often to other parts of the city -- or even other parts of the Eixample."
-
Thermas: hotel? trnsprt?
Ths atrctns are to the SE or S of Thrms -- nt the NW. Gt a map?
-
The GOP . Guess they don't believe in the freedom of speech.
https://www.axios.com/2024/01/14/mike-johnson-gop-federal-workers-gaza