Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. Loneliness is a problem all over the world these days for people of all ages. But certainly culture and language issues exacerbate the isolation.
  2. I think that lays out the issues pretty well. Personally I would just rent. Furnished rentals seem to be in abundance in the main areas of the country (and probably most of the rest as well). I like the idea of showing up with my luggage and moving in without having to do anything more. No worries about the market. And if you decide you don't like the place anymore or want to move someplace else it's easy. But I also don't have any plans to retire there full time and own my own place in the US. So I think your own financial situation is probably a really big factor.
  3. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    The pardon has to come from above. So removing the one party that threatens (however little) that institution was likely the condition.
  4. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    they were talking about some sort of hospital confinement. I presume his pardon is tied up with throwing MFP out of the coalition
  5. Obviously the Vietnamese have plenty of historical and current day beefs with China. So the enemy of my enemy...
  6. I was there the first week of April this year and even though things were past peak bloom in Tokyo there were still plenty of blossoms to see. The big park in Shinjuku was magical. I've been toying with going back at the end of November for autumn leaves, but flights are crazy expensive and no mileage seats seem to be available. I still have a pile of cash from my trip because I got covid which killed the last several days of my time in April and didn't get around to visiting any of the brothels
  7. probably because many older guys wouldn't want to have sex with themselves. But it's clear that there are as many different tastes out there as there are people.
  8. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    a total coincidence!
  9. Definitely a much more mature vibe - sort of like the ThaiBL version of Skins. Sort of like that one with the super hot motorcycle-riding architect and his cute protege. GMM sure has a lot of pretty boys in their stable. I think the genre really needs some more variety. I watched this video running down all of the things that are out now or will be soon. The glut of shows is back again
  10. I just saw a piece on BBC World that the barge holding refugees has been listed on booking.com It's very weird. They really need to get their act together
  11. fedssocr replied to kokopelli3's topic in Gay Thailand
    I think there's probably a lot of psychology. The younger generation in Western countries seem to be much more likely to be on the medications and they are more sexually active generally. Those of us in older generations may not be as likely to be on those drugs or to be sexually active except when we're in Thailand. How well is SWING able to advertise their services in the bars and spas to the boys who work there? Is there any barrier with respect to the many boys who are not Thai that work in the business?
  12. Seems like there have been lots of stories of young Kuwaiti men racing motorbikes around Pattaya lately.
  13. it's easy enough to report it so YT will take it down
  14. I stayed at View Talay 6 last time I was in Pattaya. It was a few years ago now. There were several real estate agencies on the first floor so it took me a while to find the correct one. I had a big corner apartment. It's right next to the Central Festival mall and the Hilton hotel. So it's a short-ish walk to Boystown. If you want to go to Jomtien you'd have to jump on a baht bus. Overall I liked the location because I enjoy killing time at the mall during the day so it was convenient for that and if you like to walk along the beach it's right across Beach Road. The apartment building was OK but a little dated. It's quite big, so sometimes it took a little while to get a lift. I wouldn't call it quiet as it's pretty much right in town and there was often music playing from the surrounding bars and other venues.
  15. booking.com and agoda have apartment listings. The place I stayed when I was last in Pattaya was managed by a real estate company but booked via booking.com. I was only there for a short time but I would guess that longer term rentals could be done through a real estate agency. They would likely require at least a 6 month lease though in that case.
  16. I agree. A very interesting place to visit.
  17. Fish Upon the Sky
  18. I have used Klook for tours and bought my Japan Rail pass via them several months ago. Legit company for sure. I am sad to hear this news about Booking. I didn't realize all of those other companies were part of them. I wonder why. I suppose they all had some name recognition from before Booking took them over. Generally I like to book directly with the hotel but if the rate is a lot cheaper at Agoda I will use them instead.
  19. Not sure why those first videos from Al Jazeera were removed. But this story seems to be making a lot of waves. Josh Gates' Discovery Channel show Expedition Unknown had a several part series on it. And here's one from ABC Australia
  20. fedssocr replied to tamtam's topic in Gay Vietnam
    probably depends on your budget. I stayed at the Sedona Suites. Beautiful apartment on something like the 40th floor. Short walk to the pedestrian plaza which was nice in the evenings. On top of a shipping mall with food options and a grocery. I also walked from there to the city museum which wasn't too far.
  21. apparently the place in Osaka closed
  22. the most fascinating story is the king's son from his second wife- who's been exiled for over 25 years - has returned to the kingdom for the first time in all those years. As commentators have noted, the media has not been prohibited from reporting on his return and what he's been doing around Bangkok. https://apnews.com/article/thailand-vajiralongkorn-king-son-returns-24599d730e7b3ebe2a054baee1a0dc6b https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2625693/kings-second-son-back-in-thailand-after-27-years
  23. doesn't she have some pre-existing conditions as well?
  24. I used to arrange long layovers of just about 24 hours in HKG to enjoy the city and a massage on my way home from Asia. But for the reasons you mention I don't expect to ever return. Given the big economic downturn in China is continuing to spiral downwards I'm not sure how many mainland tourists will be able to keep CX afloat. The reports I am seeing say everyone in China is saving as much money as they possibly can so discretionary spending like travel would seem to be one of the first things to stop.
  25. I see they just posted today that they are "rebranding" (again) and changing the staff and concept. I have no idea what any of that means. "This August we are change our image Big time both the team and the service... Focus on standardized massage service Quality masseur Peaceful place Towards 5-star experience"

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.