Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

fedssocr

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by fedssocr

  1. I think you have to buy the more expensive "experience" to get more than that. When I did the superboy package (I think it was called) on my first visit there was more on offer. Might depend on the masseur as well I suppose. I think I'd take the train a little farther to Apollo instead. I'd also venture out to House98 perhaps but it's a 15 minutes walk from the MRT yellow line Lad Prao 83 station. Or just go to JeySpa
  2. I only ever had a guest once, but didn't have any issues. Hospitality is excellent so I wouldn't expect any trouble.
  3. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I think unrealistic expectations are hurting everyone these days, not just the gays. The apps with their swiping left and right reduces everyone to a first impression of a photo
  4. I stayed at Dickman several years ago. Room was huge. It's a fairly low-key place and serves a mixed clientele. But I did have a "massage" with one of the guys on staff. It was fine for a basic sex massage. Overall it was quite laid back. Sri Lanka is a beautiful place with very nice people. I've been twice and did trips around the island with a guide/driver. There's lots to see if you are interested in history and/or nature. Last time I was there was just as everything was getting shut down due to covid so I had to cut my trip short by a few days and race to the airport.
  5. the age-restricted trailer for Playboyy the Series. Quite erotic. No idea where it will be streaming though...
  6. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I thought he already did a deal with Anutin in Dubai recently. But I guess not. I have to say that this whole 112 dust up seems like an excuse to me. Even if they were all in the coalition none of these people would be required to vote for any 112 amendments. And if PT has the PM spot such a thing would never come up for a vote in the first place.
  7. fedssocr replied to Lucky's topic in Gay Thailand
    I agree that 2 or 3 days is good for a Khao Yai break. I have the impression that it's a popular weekend trip for Bangkokians. I did it with a tour guide friend of mine who organized a private car and driver, etc. For 2 or 3 days I think Hua Hin is fine. But I can see where a week would get pretty boring unless you're there with some friends. I liked the night market which has many good food stalls and the one next door has lots of art and crafts for sale. I stayed at the D2 which was not ideal for visiting the beach. I think picking one of the places nearer the beach would be a better choice for sure. There are a few beach resorts that looked very cushy when we walked past on an evening beach stroll. I'd have to look at a map to remember names. If you haven't been out to Isaan there are some pretty interesting places out in that direction. I'm always fascinated by old temples, etc so I like Phimai quite a bit as well as Phnom Rung. I did that part of the country as a little 3 day trip where we based on Khorat and did day trips out from there. Lots if big national parks in the north if you're interested in that. Or even Chiang Rai. You might want to have a look at Paddy Doyle's YT channel for ideas of places to visit. He went to every province. https://www.youtube.com/@PaddyDoyle./playlists
  8. this guy does similar sorts of videos
  9. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    And I also see that Meta (aka Facebook/IG/Threads) owns a trademark for X for use in social media.
  10. fedssocr replied to Lucky's topic in Gay Thailand
    Maybe Ayutthaya? I think it's a pretty easy train ride from BKK. Sukhothai is also nice but I think Bangkok Airways still has a monopoly on flights. Those are both historic places if you like old ruins. What sorts of things are you interested in doing? Hua Hin is a nice beach town not too far from Bangkok. Khao Yai is nice if you're looking for nature.
  11. The city is quite easy to get around. I stayed at an Airbnb atop the main railway station last time I was there which was quite nice. I also stayed a couple of nights at the (allegedly) haunted Grand Hyatt next to Taipei 101. I've stayed there a couple of times.
  12. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Hilariously Microsoft owns the service mark for "X" in this realm. He's really not much of a genius
  13. fedssocr replied to dellboy's topic in Gay Thailand
    I can't say that I ever noticed that. The one annoying thing was that you have to use two elevators every time you leave and come back since the lobby for the hotel is on something like the 23rd floor
  14. fedssocr replied to dellboy's topic in Gay Thailand
    Pick somewhere close to the BTS or MRT for easy travel if you want to go shopping on Sukhumvit. The Crowne Plaza Lumpini is well located and I always found it very comfortable.
  15. what happens after 5 years in Indonesia? That seems kind of odd. That Thai visa requiring $80k per year in income seems like it won't apply to very many people.
  16. that would seem to be a high-rent district
  17. for a place not offering sex they certainly seem to be selling it with those photos
  18. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    was that part of the whole UK football game meeting? Or the Dubai meeting with Tony? After saying they would never join with parties from the former junta coalition they will get a good bit of blowback. Ultimately it's going to be difficult to get much done. I thought the PT candidate said they wouldn't ditch MFP. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
  19. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    exactly, they would have found a reason like the ridiculous notion about amending 112 somehow being a threat to the constitution and democracy
  20. I guess these Senators really don't have any incentive to vote for anyone until they get to some old general or other. I wonder if PT creates another coalition without MFP, would MFP go ahead and vote for the PT candidate just to get things moving forward, as it were.
  21. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I think partly it's because no one raised any objections previously with respect to the media shares. After all he's been an MP since the last election so no one cared about it when he was an ordinary MP. I suspect that he probably didn't think much about it since the company has been defunct for years and his shares are so few, etc. But I agree that I had the same thoughts. It does somewhat point out the inexperience of the party though.
  22. That's interesting. I've read that the current "bivalent" boosters only offer protection for 6 months or so. So I wonder why your doctor would counsel against another booster. I suppose given the lower infection rate most people are unlikely to get exposed at this point. Even with all of my shots I ended up getting infected back at the end of March/beginning of April while I was in Japan. But I might have been infected while I was in Thailand. Even my relatively mild infection still lingered for several weeks.
  23. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    For sure if there's no new constitution nothing will be able to change
  24. fedssocr replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    This is so stupid. All they had to do was wait a couple of days for the vote to play out. It's pretty clear that few of the Senators are going to vote for him. Everyone has already tipped their hands that PT is going to nominate the next candidate and essentially toss MFP out of the coalition. That's going to make people mad enough but using the constitution court this nakedly is just going to make it worse. I guess they're trying to make an example out of him (like they did with the predecessor party) so no one else will challenge the current order, but I think those horses have already left the barn. I am seeing more commentators suggest that MFP just needs to bide their time in the opposition and will win an overwhelming majority in the next election. But 4 years can be a long time and lots of things can happen.
  25. One of my friends spent the last year or so traveling around Europe as a bit of a nomad since he is able to work from anywhere. He has Portuguese roots so he spent quite a bit of time there and really enjoyed it. I think his plan is to retire there. I expect to retire in about 2.5 years from now. I've been thinking a bit about what to do, especially if the political situation in the US keeps going to hell. But I guess every place has it's pros and cons. I'm probably more inclined to split my time rather than going all in on retiring abroad.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.