Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Companions and Tour Guides in Thailand

Featured Replies

  • Replies 367
  • Views 129.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • DivineMadman
    DivineMadman

    I think the idea of Siam Roads is great and I'm happy it's doing well.  Having a gay guide for tourist activities and/or nightlife/scene is wonderful.  It may well be that straight guys could do it ju

  • Thank you Michael for promotion Thank you forky123 for feedback   I made few such projects:   Thailand, Bangkok  http://bkk-tours.com (old site) http://bkktour.info (modern) both sites offer

  • Guides are not for navigation Also they are not only guides, but concierge, translators and "scam protectors"    Google maps can't show you interesting places (at least can't suggest) if places are

Posted Images

Shocking to read about the demise of one guide.

I had gotten Ya to be my guide earlier this year and must say that he was very sweet and attentive to the details!

Certainly had a great time with this guide

  • 1 month later...

I made a booking with Nick on my trip to Pattaya early this May.

Was quite a good experience as he brought me to coral island, khao larn. Beaches were beautiful, albeit a bit crowded with the PRCs!

Definitely worth a considering a booking with Nick should anyone be interested to go!

Definitely worth a considering a booking with Nick should anyone be interested to go!

 

Unfortunately, when I tried to book Nick, he told me it was too early to book.  I was trying to set up a weekend in July, and he told me to get in touch later(?!)

 

I ended up booking a weekend away in Chiang Mai with a different guide.  

 

I guess Nick can afford to turn away business... He definitely lost mine...

Unfortunately, when I tried to book Nick, he told me it was too early to book.  I was trying to set up a weekend in July, and he told me to get in touch later(?!)

 

I ended up booking a weekend away in Chiang Mai with a different guide.  

 

I guess Nick can afford to turn away business... He definitely lost mine...

It is clearly stated at siamroads.com - booking is possible not early than 90 day in advance

It is clearly stated at siamroads.com - booking is possible not early than 90 day in advance

 

I'm not quite sure where it is on the site. I just checked the FAQ, plus the About Us sections and don't see it.... You might want to make it more obvious for those of us who overlook things like that...  :good:

I'm not quite sure where it is on the site. I just checked the FAQ, plus the About Us sections and don't see it.... You might want to make it more obvious for those of us who overlook things like that...  :good:

 

Thank you for your info. I have to make it more visible then. Will fix that tomorrow :)

 

By the way, as I know Nick has plans to visit hometown in July anyway - for vacations. Low season is best time for to take vacation - it less hurt for business.

Just back from a short visit to Bangkok.  I contacted Ya -who was going to be guiding outside of the city.  He arranged for Mac to be my guide.  Mac was eager to be helpful and made some good suggestions - such as a trip to the floating market. The weather was hot (very hot) and he devised as least three inexpensive ways to be on the river.  

I suggest you change that policy.  Many like to plan their trips in advance.  You could confirm with them a month in advance. But, why not book 90 days in advance? 

 

It is somehow linked with schedule in UNIs - they can't know future schedule far in advance. Nick isn't student but just stays under the same rule. Also it is other side of the coin - orders are personalized. Clients order not just "guide" but "Oh" or "Nick".

 

It is easy to open booking just for "guiding service" 365 days in advance, but when we are talking about "guiding service of Nick" or "guiding service of Yaya" it became more complicated: boys don't like to say "no" but also don't want to take obligations what are laying far in future.

 

I will give URL to this discussion to boys, may be they will change policy. Thank you everyone :)

90 days in advance is plenty of time.

  • Author

A friend of mine ran an companions agency in NYC.  He would book up to 6 months or more in advance for the guys that were with him for a bit. The reason is that many plan their trip around who will be their companion.  They want to be sure they get what they want.  If things ever changed on the end of the agency, he would simply contact client and let them know the guy was no longer there and offer alternatives.  However, I would never plan that far in advance to Thailand as I know the place.  But, if I were booking a convention or a first time tourist, I would. In the end, it is up to Moses and his boys to determine how far they wish to book in advance. But, if a week long gig came along for months in advance, I would not turn it down. But, I like money!

 

On another note, Mac is sexy.  Can I get him at an Apple Genius Bar? :)

Mac belongs in The Land of Smiles.

  • 2 weeks later...

For publication on the site as a review got this message today from M.:

 

 

 

Thank you. Mac has been GREAT! Would not have ever made it here without him.

Mac was my guide in early May.  Before I arrived we had worked out a plan of sights to see, then the heat wave hit.  Mac was inventive in finding cooler alternatives and providing lots of details about sights.  He was very attentive to his customers.

"ggobkk"

Mac was my guide in early May.  Before I arrived we had worked out a plan of sights to see, then the heat wave hit.  Mac was inventive in finding cooler alternatives and providing lots of details about sights.  He was very attentive to his customers.

 

 

It's not easy to find cooler alternatives in LOS with so many hot boys around

Mac was my guide in early May.  Before I arrived we had worked out a plan of sights to see, then the heat wave hit.  Mac was inventive in finding cooler alternatives and providing lots of details about sights.  He was very attentive to his customers.

 

Can I use this review at website, please?

  • 3 weeks later...

Ahoj!

 

Please meet new member of siamroads.com team - Lee.

Lee is 25yo professional tour guide. Lee is living in Hanoi - our new destination. Lee will work with clients at North of Vietnam:  Sa Pa, Trang An, Ha Long Bay, Hanoi.

 

Lee's personal page is here http://siamroads.com/lee-hanoi-vietnam/

 

At the pictures: Lee, Sa Pa, Trang An, Ha Long Bay, evening in Hanoi.

 

post-10479-0-44270700-1466007079_thumb.jpg

 

post-10479-0-56804400-1466007108_thumb.jpg

 

post-10479-0-10110000-1466007122_thumb.jpg

 

post-10479-0-20000600-1466007164_thumb.jpg

 

post-10479-0-32272600-1466007177_thumb.jpgpost-10479-0-78808300-1466007195_thumb.jpg

 

The last one is just welcoming picture :)

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.