Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vessey's August Adventures

Featured Replies

"Meantime I had promised Vit I would take him Long Time again tomorrow night and he wants to know if I will pay bar for him now. ...

 

Check bin, 700 baht for LT barfine for tomorrow..."

 

A bar fine of 700 Baht?

  • Replies 125
  • Views 32.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Ok, first of all apologies for being a bit of a 'drama queen' with my last post, but Kokopelli's attacks left me feeling entirely discouraged from posting any more - as no doubt they were intended to.

  • Vessey's Adventures in Boyztown - PART ONE     Day 2, Wednesday 17th August     Following my adventures earlier tonight in Sunnee Plaze I walk down Soi VC and across to the soi that leads down p

  • Vessey's Adventures in Boyztown: Part Two – Days 11-21.   Day 11, Friday 26th August   Vit 'accidentally' wakes me about 7am, he has had no sleep he says and proceed to play back to me a clip he h

Posted Images

"Meantime I had promised Vit I would take him Long Time again tomorrow night and he wants to know if I will pay bar for him now. ...

 

Check bin, 700 baht for LT barfine for tomorrow..."

 

A bar fine of 700 Baht?

  • Author

"Meantime I had promised Vit I would take him Long Time again tomorrow night and he wants to know if I will pay bar for him now. ...

 

Check bin, 700 baht for LT barfine for tomorrow..."

 

A bar fine of 700 Baht?

 

 

I'm shocked too, this would be more than Dreamboys BKK !

 

I thought that was what it was, although of course it was lumped in with a various drinks I had purchased - so I could be mistaken. (I did check back on my original notes and that is what I had written).

 

That would be considered a reasonable long-time barfine in a girlie bar, even cheap for an agogo - so I think I only noted it for record rather than an 'OMG look how much the barfine was'.

 

I can hopefully check again in January LOL

the attacks on kokopelli were unwarranted and baseless. His only mistake was taking vessey off 'ignore'.

Obviously, many here enjoy what vessey enjoys and that's fine and dandy. Calling kokopelli nasty names isn't.

the attacks on kokopelli were unwarranted and baseless. His only mistake was taking vessey off 'ignore'.

Obviously, many here enjoy what vessey enjoys and that's fine and dandy. Calling kokopelli nasty names isn't.

 

And this wasn't nasty?

Blind as a bat Matt was my first choice for beachlover.

Thanks for these postings, I'll be in Pattaya in January and am using the commentary and the subsequent comments to work out a plan (which I will then immediately discard once I meet up with my first off)!

Bless her heart. :)

Thank you for your kind words Alexx. Regretfully, mom passed away ten years ago, two years before I came to Thailand and never knew the truth about my adventures. For those of you who still have a mom,  please do send her a copy of these  posts, so she, and everybody else, will know how their sons fared.  No doubt your moms (and dads)  will be proud of you.  ;)

And this wasn't nasty?
Blind as a bat Matt was my first choice for beachlover.

 

I already addressed my remark calling it tacky and did it directly to Matt. A bad attempt at humor and I have atoned.

There are farangs whose mission is to close all bars, prohibit alcohol, sex, free speech etc.

NGOs are on a mission and they can and do read gay forums to find out what's happening so they

can direct Thai authorities to the places vividly described on forums.

If you want Thailand to be 'churchy', where only the priests and pastors get any action, keep feeding

the NGOs and the authorities and stay smug until the party's over. Kokopelli knows and I applaud him.

There are farangs whose mission is to close all bars, prohibit alcohol, sex, free speech etc.

NGOs are on a mission and they can and do read gay forums to find out what's happening so they

can direct Thai authorities to the places vividly described on forums.

If you want Thailand to be 'churchy', where only the priests and pastors get any action, keep feeding

the NGOs and the authorities and stay smug until the party's over. Kokopelli knows and I applaud him.

with numbers of bars and massages pretty limited they likely know everything already for long time but not sure to a degree they care as long as age limits are adhered to IMHO 

with numbers of bars and massages pretty limited they likely know everything already for long time but not sure to a degree they care as long as age limits are adhered to IMHO

 

Exactly.

 

I don't follow the argument of williewillie and kokpelli. I can understand how detailed reports could theoretically alert authorities to what happens in the bars and lead to them being closed down. But if that were true, then the bars would have been closed long ago.

 

Guys, can you explain why they haven't all been closed down?

 

I think my own explanation makes much more sense - they are open because they are a source of easy tea money.

 

And if the authorities needed to rely on a few internet boards to know what's going on, then they are more incompetent than their reputation would suggest.

Willie, I am curious if you believe the NGO's are trying to close all bars or bars with underage staff?

 

I am not in Pattaya, but I don't hear of the NGO's trying to close Tawan or any of the Bangkok bars.  Perhaps too much money?  Or, perhaps they are not concerned with those places?

 

The bars in Thailand have a short life span.  IMHO  I think they are all going to die out and the scene moved to the Internet. This is horrible for me as I like to see what I get before I get it. I don't like shopping on the Internet.  Every time I do, I get disappointed.

They have been closed down in Sunee because of a combination of owners with no experience thinking they were going to run a Bar and because a great % of Gay visitors to Pattaya have never been, heard of  and have no interest in going to Sunee.

 

The honest truth is Sunee flourished when underage sex was rampant and when it first was stamped down on, there were a couple of good operators who managed to have successful GoGo Bars . In all honesty the Arab invasion probably did not help the traffic to Sunee.

 

At any rate for those who like GoGo Bars Sunee is a desert and likely will never flourish again.  It continues to exist because of cheap Beer Bars where the tea money is limited and the ability to make money or break even is possible.

 

The honest truth is Sunee flourished when underage sex was rampant 

 

What an immense risk they put themselves in. If I was an underage moneyboy back then, I would have done the following: Secretly record your activites with the farangs and then ask for a monthly income from them for the rest of your life. Many will comply because better pay 20.000 baht every month to the boy who is blackmailing you then go to jail. If you have 5 farangs whom you blackmail this way you have an income of 100.000 baht every month. Year in, year out.

 

I wonder how many former money boys live a life of leisure thanks to this. But probably many weren't smart enough to figure out the weak spot of their customers. The total shame for them if they were outed in their home country and convicted. I really can not understand these farangs took these irresponsible risks and got away with it. In a fair world you reap what you saw. Life isn't fair. Or is the huge majority now doing time in jail? If not, life is unfair.

Guys I think we all just need to be a little more thoughtful about what we do here.

 

I am not sure that I buy into the argument about calling undue attention to individual bars.  They are tolerated due to kickbacks.

 

However I do think people need to be conscious of working guys privacy when they post online.

 

For me it is very unfair to  for a poster to black out their own face in a pic while not affording the same privacy to the other people in the picture.  (The fact they block their own face indicates they are aware of the sensitivity). I really cannot see any other justification for doing this other than simply not caring.

 

Simarly a long running and entertaining thread here never shows working boys who are hanging out with the poster.  However it did provide two clear face pics of a working boy who they saw on a night out and identified him as such. Those pics were obviously taken unknown to the guy in question.  Again, hiding some faces shows an awareness of the sensitivity connected with this kind of employment.  So why protect some in photos and not others?

 

This board is a great resource.  It would be great if we could all just be a little more considerate of the working guys too.

 

  • Author
  • Popular Post

They have been closed down in Sunee because of a combination of owners with no experience thinking they were going to run a Bar and because a great % of Gay visitors to Pattaya have never been, heard of  and have no interest in going to Sunee.

 

 

 

Exactly this.

 

The problem with keeping some of these bars, especially in Sunee PLaza, as 'Pattaya's Best Kept Little Secrets', with no more than a 'nudge,nudge, wink, wink, say no more'  coverage in this forum is that it hardly encourages people to visit.

 

The times I went to Sunee Plaza this last holiday it was almost devoid of customers, the odd guy in a bar nursing a beer perhaps. 

 

On the other hand, Soi 6, where I stay has 60+ active bars, swarming with customers, parties and other events. The main Pattaya Addicts Forum is flooded with pictures of their girls, advance notice of parties. Facebook too has even more coverage, most bars have an active FB page - again no shortage of girl pictures.  Bars change hands, change names, girls (and customers) come and go, but it is rare you will see a bar there languishing in darkness.

 

Sunee Plaze desperately needs more customers; Eros Bar does its best with its FB page with new posts most days (again lots of pictures of the boys), but it is the only one that I am aware of that does so.

 

I truly believe we should be helping to celebrate and promote what bars remain in Sunee Plaza (and elsewhere) to encourage others to visit and spend their baht, and not trying to keep it all  shrouded in secrecy. 

  • Popular Post

I've only been to Sunee Plaza once, and it was one of the saddest parts of my trip last February. After that I stuck to Boyztown and Jomtien.

 

And one need only go to Stickman Bangkok's website, one of the more popular websites about the Bangkok/Pattaya girl bar scene, to see countless photos of the girls. You don't hear anyone complain about the girl's photos being featured there, and hear any bars closing because of Stickman. That website has been at it since 1998. If there have been adverse direct consequences from his featuring the bars and the girls in his website you would have heard it by now.

 

Stickman's article about one bar, The Strip is here: https://www.stickmanbangkok.com/weekly-column/2016/03/snake-dancer/. It features a lot of photos of the girls in the post.  In my last September trip I happen to pass by the Strip and saw that girl with the striking eyes from the blog post, just hanging out in front of the bar, talking to the other girls. I didn't have time to go in the Strip but wanted to at least see the Snake Dancer from the blog post. Its stuff like that that can create buzz for your bar. Obviously the bar was not closed due to the March blogpost.

 

Maybe we need a gay version of Stickman? I don't always agree with how he features bars and girls, but maybe someone with a little bit more empathy will work.

 

From the link provided above girls seems relaxed being photographed. Maybe girls don't mind being photographed since they wear a heavy makeup like a mask?!

 

At Jupiter last year there was a little incident regarding photo.

 

One Jupiter boy on stage was visibly furious and screamed "no photo" to a guy in front seat. A mamasan dashed to the scene and talked to the offender demanding his phone and asked to delete photos from his phone. The offender left the bar straight away. I am not sure whether if he was asked to leave.

 

I wondered if that Jupiter boy was a college student working part time at the bar in order to pay for the college fee.

certainly some boys are taking their chances of being recognized at work but this goes with territory I guess. They may not realize their boss / teacher / neighbor is a gay until they see him face to face  at work. Probability is minuscule but existing.

 

I don't take boys pictures unless dressed and showing their backs but on quite a few occasions I needed to prevent them from taking picture of both of us , not necessarily dressed so my guess will be most of them don't really mind.

 

Never hurts to ask for permission and if they say no so be it, if they say only for your eyes , again so be it. But as noticed above , guarding their privacy too closely my deprive them publicity they may be seeing in their line of work.

 

That is the reason I use their names/ nicks and numbers but not pictures and from feedback I know posts lead to them being hired. Recommendation not always confirmed but at least they got offed which makes me thinking I helped them.

 

No reasonable person would expect that any recommendation will work 100 % times in 100% cases but chances are it will be confirmed.

 

Even complains may lead to great meetings, I'm still grateful to those who warned me about Jack at Senso and Tiger at Tawan and to myself I did not listen to the warnings.

 

Sometimes all adage ' doesn't matter what they say as long as they say something' proves true and working. 

I avoid being in photos but am not 100% successful.  Where not successful, I do succeed in having the photos be sedately clothed.  As to the boys' photos, my only observation to add to the discussion is the number of photos sent by boys I've met and the level of sexting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.