Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some reviews from my July Bangkok trip

Featured Replies

5 hours ago, Huncsaba said:

The Pinnacle Lumpinee is a gayfriendly hotel? And what happent with the Hotel Malaysia, was a family run hotel and now looks new owner with higher price...Someone can to answer me please?

Didn't stay at this hotels but from previous forum members comments there was no problem bringing guests .

Hope the link can help :

http://www.bangkok.com/magazine/10-gay-friendly-hotels.htm

  • Replies 66
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AlexThompson
    AlexThompson

    @z909 The room at Glitz was perfectly clean, safe and comfortable.  It has a room safe and a fridge. The bathroom was modern and clean.  Overall, there was some peeling paint here and there and no "ex

  • I’m one of those “high maintenance “ Americans.   Courtyard is about as low as I’ll go .   I’ve never stayed at any of the hotels that are talked about in these posts, other than the Tarntawan many ye

  • I’m the type who when checking review sites looks for the really negative reviews.  They can be revealing...sometimes, one person’s dislikes can be exactly what I’m looking for.  

Posted Images

robin is a pinoy extremely handsome with a muscular solid body in Fresh1.He is hairy at the appropriate sexy places. if you are looking for an  normal asian cock to top you then heis the one for you. The only thing is that he is straight but his cock can harden with straight porn. So worth your while to try him out before he leaves soon

Edited by fjeffmy
sorry posted inthe wrong column

31 minutes ago, fjeffmy said:

robin is a pinoy extremely handsome with a muscular solid body in Fresh1.He is hairy at the appropriate sexy places. if you are looking for an  normal asian cock to top you then heis the one for you. The only thing is that he is straight but his cock can harden with straight porn. So worth your while to try him out before he leaves soon

I think you are posting in the wrong forum altogether. Hehehe but thanks for the review of robin. I have been contemplating whether to try him or not lol

I would add Amara to the list of gay-friendly hotels.

In any case, other than a handful of places that have joiner policies that are unfriendly to both gays and straights, I believe that it's difficult to find a hotel that is u nfriendly to gays.

 

21 hours ago, Huncsaba said:

The Pinnacle Lumpinee is a gayfriendly hotel? And what happent with the Hotel Malaysia, was a family run hotel and now looks new owner with higher price...Someone can to answer me please?

The Malaysia recently celebrated 50 years of ownership by the Ma family with some redecoration and mildly increased prices, but I don't believe the owners or their policies have changed.

It seems to me that the distinction between gay orientated and gay friendly is becoming increasingly blurred. In the Jomtien Complex hotels gays and other guests seem to co-exist without problems. In Boyztown the hotels, which 18 years ago, when I first discovered Pattaya, were 100% gay, you see more and more str couples. Whereas then, us gays would feel uneasy if str’s appeared in the corridors or lobby, with females.

As I understand it the only hotels in Pattaya enforcing no joiners are those at the top end (say 4000+ per night). A couple of years ago I stayed at the Banyan Tree in Bkk which is a high end, place for 2 nights. After an hour or so in the bar I formed the impression that a young joiner would not be appropriate there, so I contented myself with a couple of massages. Maybe my impression was wrong.

thaiophilus: I stayed 6 times in the Malaysia hotel, last time in this January. But now this is an OYO 107 Malaysia hotel with very higher price, it is my problem...

I've made the mistake of booking a hotel a little too far away from the action, it looked close on a map :(  Has anyone had any experience with the Alt Hotel Nana by UHG? just out of interest to see what their room guest policy is. 

Otherwise I was thinking on the nights I might off a guy, are there actually readily available short stay hotels in the area, most likely near Tawan? 

 

Sorry for spamming these threads, lol. Just a tad excited. 

13 minutes ago, BKKtourist88 said:

I've made the mistake of booking a hotel a little too far away from the action, it looked close on a map :(  Has anyone had any experience with the Alt Hotel Nana by UHG? just out of interest to see what their room guest policy is. 

Otherwise I was thinking on the nights I might off a guy, are there actually readily available short stay hotels in the area, most likely near Tawan? 

 

Sorry for spamming these threads, lol. Just a tad excited. 

That hotel is really quite far, I'd advise you to cancel the booking and find a new one in the Silom/Surawong area - IF you can cancel. If not it won't be the end of the world. Being in Nana, I'm pretty sure joiners won't be a problem, though I have zero actual experience of other first or even second hand knowledge about this hotel.

If you're stuck there the short time hotel option may be a good solution, too. There are indeed two very close to Tawan:

The Surawong (or Suriwongse, spelling may vary) Hotel https://goo.gl/maps/cWXJoyjwjjfMaRTN9

The BBB Inn https://goo.gl/maps/YhV6NMGFPP2bi4Lh9

Both offer short time (about 4 hours I believe) rooms for about 500 baht.

12 minutes ago, BKKtourist88 said:

I've made the mistake of booking a hotel a little too far away from the action, it looked close on a map :(  Has anyone had any experience with the Alt Hotel Nana by UHG? just out of interest to see what their room guest policy is.

In the era of google maps, this is a very careless & unnecessary error.    Take more care next time !

Have you checked the cancellation terms for this booking ?

Your hotel is just up the road from one of the main girlie bar areas (Nana Plaza).   A quick bit of google research shows it is "girl friendly", ie no problem with female guests.   Which almost certainly means no problem with male guests.  

Google maps shows about 15 minutes by taxi from Patpong (possibly slightly longer at the time you will travel).   I think your best bet is to pay for a taxi when taking your boys back from the bar.        I would walk, but your average Thai bar boy is largely incapable of walking more than 500m.

 

 

3 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

As I understand it the only hotels in Pattaya enforcing no joiners are those at the top end (say 4000+ per night). A couple of years ago I stayed at the Banyan Tree in Bkk which is a high end, place for 2 nights. After an hour or so in the bar I formed the impression that a young joiner would not be appropriate there, so I contented myself with a couple of massages. Maybe my impression was wrong.

1  Why not test them ?     If you have paid for 2 people in a room, I think you are entitled to put 2 people in the room.

2   Any tips on how to make enough to stay in these high end hotels are much appreciated :).     [Admittedly, I'm fortunate enough to take the holidays I do, but one can always learn]

22 minutes ago, z909 said:

In the era of google maps, this is a very careless & unnecessary error.    Take more care next time !

Have you checked the cancellation terms for this booking ?

Your hotel is just up the road from one of the main girlie bar areas (Nana Plaza).   A quick bit of google research shows it is "girl friendly", ie no problem with female guests.   Which almost certainly means no problem with male guests.  

Google maps shows about 15 minutes by taxi from Patpong (possibly slightly longer at the time you will travel).   I think your best bet is to pay for a taxi when taking your boys back from the bar.        I would walk, but your average Thai bar boy is largely incapable of walking more than 500m.

With all due respect @z909, you would WALK???? That's crazy (but then maybe you are that crazy when it comes to walking such distances haha ;) ). No seriously, that is not walking distance, it is 5 km from Tawan to that hotel and a ONE HOUR WALK according to google maps, so walking is clearly not advisable, especially to a first time visitor. And especially after a bar visit with an off, who would want to walk for ONE HOUR before getting to the room????

So, @BKKtourist88, Taxi is the one and only viable option, and dirt cheap at that, even if the newbie gets ripped off with a 200 Baht fare as opposed to max 100  on the meter that's still nothing by western standards. 

7 hours ago, BKKtourist88 said:

 

Otherwise I was thinking on the nights I might off a guy, are there actually readily available short stay hotels in the area, most likely near Tawan? 

 

 

you are not spamming anything , don;t worry

every bar guy will know where nearest short time room will be, Tawan boys may even invite you to Sun massage just next door  to utilize short time space there 

Staying in Nana/Sukhumvit and going back and forth to Silom/Sathon is no issue - I have done that numerous times when staying at high-end hotels in Ploen Chit, Asoke or even Prom Phong. BTS to Silom (or bus to Sathon - you need to change bus at Centralworld) and a short taxi ride back to Sukhumvit at night. Should be no more than 100 B (by meter) if you go to Rama IV and get a taxi from there (it is actually surprisingly quick to get to Sukhumvit via Rama IV at night). 

No need to regret or cancel a (non-refundable) hotel reservation in Nana. 

I'm quite sure that most/all hotels in Nana have a flexible quest policy - you will understand why when you get there and take a walk in the area.

10 hours ago, z909 said:

In the era of google maps, this is a very careless & unnecessary error.    Take more care next time !

Have you checked the cancellation terms for this booking ?

Your hotel is just up the road from one of the main girlie bar areas (Nana Plaza).   A quick bit of google research shows it is "girl friendly", ie no problem with female guests.   Which almost certainly means no problem with male guests.  

Google maps shows about 15 minutes by taxi from Patpong (possibly slightly longer at the time you will travel).   I think your best bet is to pay for a taxi when taking your boys back from the bar.        I would walk, but your average Thai bar boy is largely incapable of walking more than 500m.

 

 

I'm actually going for work and the hotel in Nana is much ore central to where i need to be, but in retrospect I've thought that maybe my priorities should be different. haha

 

Thanks for the advice everyone, I think I'll just utilise the taxi's, or book a short stays. Thanks @anddy for the suggestions. 

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

Taxis in BKK are very cheap compare to the west so it doesn't really matter where your hotel is if you need close location to your work.

yes and they have an advantage of being airconditioned but we should take into consideraion that  Bangkok traffic is legendary  and sometimes , particularly during daytime,  even short distance may take long time

23 hours ago, anddy said:

With all due respect @z909, you would WALK???? That's crazy (but then maybe you are that crazy when it comes to walking such distances haha ;) ). No seriously, that is not walking distance, it is 5 km from Tawan to that hotel and a ONE HOUR WALK according to google maps, so walking is clearly not advisable, especially to a first time visitor. And especially after a bar visit with an off, who would want to walk for ONE HOUR before getting to the room????

So, @BKKtourist88, Taxi is the one and only viable option, and dirt cheap at that, even if the newbie gets ripped off with a 200 Baht fare as opposed to max 100  on the meter that's still nothing by western standards. 

I would certainly walk, but as I said, your average bar boy wouldn't, so it's not an option when coming home from bars !      Working up a sweat on the way to the bar is not ideal either.

On my last trip, I walked from Sukhumvit to Silom at least 3 times during the daytime.   One of the routes is below.   Dark blue = MRT.   Light blue = walking.     All this crazy walking means I'm one of the minority of over 50s in the UK who is not overweight.     No doubt  you beat me with proper exercise in a gym or something.

 

 

Screenshot_20190815-213101-1.jpg

On 8/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, Huncsaba said:

thaiophilus: I stayed 6 times in the Malaysia hotel, last time in this January. But now this is an OYO 107 Malaysia hotel with very higher price, it is my problem...

Ah. Yes, I see the difference. The OYO branding is new. It's difficult to determine the real room prices now, with so many booking site "special deals", but when I stayed there in January 2019 the rate was B1090 for a "single superior" room.

Rates I have paid (for early January of the year noted):

2007: B688

2008: B708

2009-2012: B808

2014-2016: B868

2017-2018: B950

2019: B1090

I don't seem to have records for 1996-2006, when my bookings were probably made by fax (and there were real multipart airline tickets!).

42 minutes ago, thaiophilus said:

Ah. Yes, I see the difference. The OYO branding is new. It's difficult to determine the real room prices now, with so many booking site "special deals", but when I stayed there in January 2019 the rate was B1090 for a "single superior" room.

Rates I have paid (for early January of the year noted):

2007: B688

2008: B708

2009-2012: B808

2014-2016: B868

2017-2018: B950

2019: B1090

I don't seem to have records for 1996-2006, when my bookings were probably made by fax (and there were real multipart airline tickets!).

The recent rate of increase there seems some way ahead of the general rate of inflation and hotel room price inflation.   

Often I see prices in hotels are quite flat, unless there is a major refit or upgrade to the rooms.   Has that been the case with the Malaysia ?

 

I believe Oyo is an Indian franchise operation, with hotels in multiple countries.

 

45 minutes ago, z909 said:

The recent rate of increase there seems some way ahead of the general rate of inflation and hotel room price inflation.   

Often I see prices in hotels are quite flat, unless there is a major refit or upgrade to the rooms.   Has that been the case with the Malaysia ?

 

 

 

Historically I think their prices were considered low for what they offered, so maybe there has been some catching up in recent years.

As for refitting, not in January - they had freshened the paintwork, but nothing you'd call a major refit of the "superior" (meaning standard) rooms. But if I try to book via their own website for 25-26 December (representative of high season), it's offering a "flash sale" superior room for only B800, or 900 with breakfast. If you assume the "sale" is an early-booking discount of 20%, the price is no different from a year ago.

 

On the site of Hotel Malaysia don't see the price for January (when I need the room) but in December the promo price are 800 Baht/night without and 900 Baht with breakfast in a standard double room. I hope that in JanuaryI can to book with this price which are same that 1-2 years ago. And most important: no joiner fee I think...

Sorry coz I ask in this topic but maybe someone can to help me: I'll go to Bali too in January (Semyniak, Hotel IBIS). Who was in Bali in the last months and what is the situation (boys, bars, massage etc.)? Thanks a lot for the answers...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.