Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Some reviews from my July Bangkok trip

Featured Replies

  • Replies 66
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • AlexThompson
    AlexThompson

    @z909 The room at Glitz was perfectly clean, safe and comfortable.  It has a room safe and a fridge. The bathroom was modern and clean.  Overall, there was some peeling paint here and there and no "ex

  • I’m one of those “high maintenance “ Americans.   Courtyard is about as low as I’ll go .   I’ve never stayed at any of the hotels that are talked about in these posts, other than the Tarntawan many ye

  • I’m the type who when checking review sites looks for the really negative reviews.  They can be revealing...sometimes, one person’s dislikes can be exactly what I’m looking for.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Huncsaba said:

On the site of Hotel Malaysia don't see the price for January (when I need the room) but in December the promo price are 800 Baht/night without and 900 Baht with breakfast in a standard double room. I hope that in JanuaryI can to book with this price which are same that 1-2 years ago. And most important: no joiner fee I think...

You can always email them (despite the websites I've never booked them any other way): info (at) malaysiahotelbkk.com should get a reply within a day.

2 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Never been at Indonesia but it is a Muslim religious country and as far as I know gay activity is illegal.

U should go there and see what you have missed by not going.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Indonesia is a huge collection of many islands; some are more liberal than others. No problems for gays in Bali, for example. 

Good to hear that !

I've stayed in that hotel before, VERY small rooms, they seem to do  some group business....didn't have any problems with anyone going to the room with or without me. Repeat guys would just be knocking on my door before I knew it, I expected reception to call or something, but no.

Walking distance to the 3 gay bars and many restaurants.....grindr had many for free (looking for husbands/sugar daddy and massage escort guys....I enjoyed Bali and Jakarta more than Vietnam or Cambodia.

If you drink alcohol, is expensive if it's imported....reasonable if made nationally.  A 750ml of Bacardi was $75usd at a supermarket!!

On 8/17/2019 at 11:39 AM, Huncsaba said:

Sorry coz I ask in this topic but maybe someone can to help me: I'll go to Bali too in January (Seminyak, Hotel IBIS). Who was in Bali in the last months and what is the situation (boys, bars, massage etc.)? Thanks a lot for the answers...

"what is the situation" is a rather general question. The general answer to that is, that it's business as usual for Bali (been in April and many times before), meaning everything is freely and openly available: free sex and paid sex (via the apps or hookups in the bars); "regular" massages and  m2m massages (both via the apps or in many (male) massage shops; gay bars (regular bars, not gogo bars), even a sauna (with attached massage shop) in Seminyak which i found really nice last year (also in April). 

Tip for transportation: you can either rent a motorbike (scooter) for 50k Rupiah a day or use Grab and/or GoJek for motorbike taxis, which are readily available everywhere on those two apps and incredibly cheap

On 8/15/2019 at 10:37 PM, z909 said:

I would certainly walk, but as I said, your average bar boy wouldn't, so it's not an option when coming home from bars !      Working up a sweat on the way to the bar is not ideal either.

On my last trip, I walked from Sukhumvit to Silom at least 3 times during the daytime.   One of the routes is below.   Dark blue = MRT.   Light blue = walking.     All this crazy walking means I'm one of the minority of over 50s in the UK who is not overweight.     No doubt  you beat me with proper exercise in a gym or something.

Wow, you ARE an avid walker then, no denying it lol. As for your average bar boy not not doing that, let me venture to say that your average (sex) tourist would not either. 

As for weight and shape: it is YOU who beats me by a million miles in that department. I do ZERO sports and exercise, yet presumably due to lucky genes I have the luxury of not having to while still having a lean skinny body. 

  • Author

Wow, I just reread my original post and it's so ASEXUAL!   One of my favorite things is reading the juicy details from your reports, and I totally avoided the topic!  Is there no way to edit the original post after a certain period of time.  

On 8/17/2019 at 5:34 AM, Huncsaba said:

On the site of Hotel Malaysia don't see the price for January (when I need the room) but in December the promo price are 800 Baht/night without and 900 Baht with breakfast in a standard double room. I hope that in JanuaryI can to book with this price which are same that 1-2 years ago. And most important: no joiner fee I think...

I haven't stayed at the Malaysia since about 2010, but at that time there was no joiner fee if you were in a double room. I hope that hasn't changed...

7 hours ago, AlexThompson said:

Wow, I just reread my original post and it's so ASEXUAL!   One of my favorite things is reading the juicy details from your reports, and I totally avoided the topic!  Is there no way to edit the original post after a certain period of time.  

Edit no, but you can always add this or that as a separate post. 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:21 PM, thaiophilus said:

As for refitting, not in January - they had freshened the paintwork, but nothing you'd call a major refit of the "superior" (meaning standard) rooms. But if I try to book via their own website for 25-26 December (representative of high season), it's offering a "flash sale" superior room for only B800, or 900 with breakfast. If you assume the "sale" is an early-booking discount of 20%, the price is no different from a year ago.

Looks like more "gaming" with the pricing then.  

 

On 8/17/2019 at 9:31 PM, floridarob said:

I've stayed in that hotel before, VERY small rooms, they seem to do  some group business...

 

Which hotel? the conversation in this thread has jumped around several countries ...

(hint: click on "Quote" below a post to supply context ;))

18 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Malaysia Hotel.

That's what was confusing me. I wouldn't have thought of the Malaysia's "superior" (that's the lowest grade) rooms as  "VERY small". Their website claims 22 square metres (which I believe) and they have enough space for two beds (one double, one single), bedside table, desk, chairs, TV, refrigerator,  plus a separate bathroom. The pictures here give a fair idea: http://www.malaysiahotelbkk.com/superior-room.html

I recall in the distant past they used to have a few "standard" rooms which were smaller and cheaper, but those are long gone.  And on one occasion they messed up my booking and I spent a night in a very small room in the "Malaysia Guest House" which used to be opposite what is now the Lido restaurant off Soi Sri Bamphen.

23 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

Which hotel? the conversation in this thread has jumped around several countries ...

(hint: click on "Quote" below a post to supply context ;))

The Ibis Seminyak....I'm looking where to stay again for Feb and is hard to beat $16 usd per day

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.