Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

São Paulo sophomore and freshman for Rio

Featured Replies

On 7/10/2024 at 4:43 PM, Canadianbtmguy said:

I would say that's pretty consistent with my experience, but with less concentration at 300 than this would suggest. Especially for the guys with the large pics at the top, (destaques) 400 is not uncommon, and I have seen and occasionally paid more, up to 600 in one case (https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/50970-condomless-with-gps-in-brazil/ ) There is a truly stunning guy in SP who after much (rather odd) conversation gave a price of 1000, which I would have paid, but he was so sketchy that we never ended up meeting (yet). With these prices, I should give the caveat that I only contact guys who at least fit (preferably muscular)are tall or don't mention their height, which could be skewing prices higher. On the other hand, I do have a Brazilian WhatsApp and attempt to converse in Portuguese, which could potentially skew prices lower than someone with a +1 WhatsApp who attempts to speak in English (that's my intention, anyway...) In Rio and SP, bbk is not typically extra (they either do or don't) whereas in BH it was seen as an "extra". BH prices were lower generally, with most in the 200-250 range, although the guys did not seem as hot, so we may not be comparing apples to apples..In Rio and SP far less than half responded to my inquiries so don't be discouraged: there are plenty of fish in the sea...

 

Based on my last experiences (late 2023), the most common end rate for top level guys on garotocomlocal in SP and RJ was 250 for the “complete” program.  And by “top level” I’m strictly referring to the placement of their ads on the webpage. And I say “end rate” because most GPs who initially said 350 or 400 later came down to 250 after I responded (in Portuguese) with “Thanks, it’s higher than what I expected but I’ll think about it.”  I personally liked the WhatsApp vibe of the guys who initially quoted in the 150 - 200 range much better and therefore usually hired in the 150 to 300 (plus surprise tip) range. And more from vivalocal than from garotocomlocal. (BTW, I have empathy for the guys who had a negative WhatsApp vibe since they’re probably inundated with messages from time wasters.)

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 133
  • Views 32.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Connordrick
    Connordrick

    hi @babybear2 Definitely São Paulo, for the greatest sextacation. If you're into a classic tourist mood, Rio de Janeiro offers more options, but I'd recommend checking the weather—Rio with thunde

  • Connordrick
    Connordrick

    hey,  I messed up all the names while using my cell phone. I just realized that my title has a typo. Can a moderator fix it for me? Please, I meant "São Paulo," not "Sau Paulo.:(  my report

  • Connordrick
    Connordrick

    I went to Lagos.  It was just ok. I e one of my fave ones and ia couple of new ones.  I will report later. 

Posted Images

  • Author

Okay guys, I’ll be in Rio tomorrow. But I can’t believe it’s raining again. I mean, I could stay indoors all day, jumping from saunas to clubs to restaurants and so on. But why is there so much rain in Rio every time I visit? Meanwhile, NYC is as dry as a kite. So, it’s not me.

I hope to have a couple of sunny beach days to relax and enjoy.  

Fortunately, the exchange rate is excellent. Another issue was that my Brazil SIM card expired and was given to someone else. Consequently, when I attempted to send a test refill to “activate” it, it was sent to the wrong person. Did you all know about this, or was it just my naivety? By the way, I have a TIM  Brazil phone. I hope the refill was given to a good cause, perhaps a garoto 🤪

12 hours ago, Connordrick said:

Okay guys, I’ll be in Rio tomorrow. But I can’t believe it’s raining again. I mean, I could stay indoors all day, jumping from saunas to clubs to restaurants and so on. But why is there so much rain in Rio every time I visit? Meanwhile, NYC is as dry as a kite. So, it’s not me.

I hope to have a couple of sunny beach days to relax and enjoy.  

Fortunately, the exchange rate is excellent. Another issue was that my Brazil SIM card expired and was given to someone else. Consequently, when I attempted to send a test refill to “activate” it, it was sent to the wrong person. Did you all know about this, or was it just my naivety? By the way, I have a TIM  Brazil phone. I hope the refill was given to a good cause, perhaps a garoto 🤪

50% chance that it is a garoto, lol

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
  • Popular Post

Okay, guys, I’m back from my trip to Rio. I’ll give a quick summary now, and once I’m rested (probably while recovering from the post-Thanksgiving stupor), I’ll do a more complete thread, maybe a new one.

I had an amazing time overall! Even though it rained for a couple of days, most of the week was beautiful—sunny with nice weather in the low 70s. Paradise. I did a lot of touristy things, but I won’t bore you with the details. I also had a lot of beach time. Interestingly, or maybe because I went early, the gay area of the beach wasn’t as busy as usual. I usually go after 9 PM in Ipanema, including eating at Boteco Belmonte during off-peak hours. I wouldn’t dare try eating there during peak times.

As for the Copacabana gay beach, it was so boring that I went once and never went back.

Do you guys remember how I didn’t want to fight for rooms during the free room night? Well, I was wrong. I’m glad it was only for one past trip. But 117 was a blast! It was total mayhem, and wow, I had so much fun. It reminded me of the old days when there were so many hot guys that you had to be a hawk to catch the hottets garoto and hottest as body, face and XXL And boy, I did! I put aside any little pride I had and went for the top-tier options. I was ruthless. because there was a lot of competition since there seems to be some type of garoto that only goes that day, and the regulars have the advantage of the culture, language

202 (the free cabin day) was also r\ good, but it’s only great that day—the rest of the days was slow, and I didn't stay to find out if any hot GP showed up. What a shame that Point 202 is so slow, but they are working on having parties, and I think sex shows hopping will increase attendance. Also, the difference in the types of garotos is striking. mostly xxl mulato type, that is fine with me, but I’m wondering if 117 isn’t allowing some types of garoto who aren’t in that crowd.

I’m still feeling the hangover and a bit of the blues about leaving behind amazing sex, kisses, soreness, and so many love stories—you know, the half-hour ones, my favorites.

I’m already looking into options for February/March, but this time, I’ll be adding SP to the mix!

  • Active Members
8 hours ago, Connordrick said:

Also, the difference in the types of garotos is striking. mostly xxl mulato type, that is fine with me, but I’m wondering if 117 isn’t allowing some types of garoto who aren’t in that crowd.

To answer your question about the reason for the differences in the types of garotos who frequent the two main saunas in Rio, 117 and 202:

it’s a combination of club management and club reputation. 117 has been for years and is still currently known as the sauna most likely to have garotos that are more muscular (“mais forte”), while 202 over the last decade, due to its Junior takeover, has become more of the sauna for twinkier, slimmer garotos (“magrinhos”, “novinhos”). Although these descriptions aren’t mutually exclusive, and you can find exceptions at both places, the clients who regularly attend either of these places are generally attracted to the types described that regularly go to those saunas. Regarding the “mulatto” description, since almost every Brazilian is mixed with something, it’s hard to understand what you were getting at. I think the percentages of brown, black, white or indigenous looking garotos is about the same at both saunas. The observedly marked differences between the garotos at the two clubs seem to be more in body builds (skewing skinnier at 202 than at 117) and in ages (skewing younger at 202 than at 117).

10 or so years ago at 202, under different management, 202 had a different crowd of garotos, and was more known for more muscular guys. Not the case at all now. 

6 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

10 or so years ago at 202, under different management

Junior has run 202 since it has opened. He had 2 partners at the start, one was Edgar from Lagoa and the other Louis who is a regular there still.... but Junior has always run it, good or bad and is the sole owner for some years now.

 

  • Author

I believe Junior is planning a birthday party for 202 this December. I hope it gets some buzz and people. The only day it gets really packed is Wednesday. The rest of the days I went were almost empty. It’s a shame I had a great time on Wednesday with four cute programs. One of them lived it up at 2 hours from Copacabana, poor boy imagine. He was so hot we repeated it. One those that some may call twink. I sent him home in an Uber. As the Good Samaritan that I am. 

17 hours ago, Connordrick said:

some type of garoto that only goes that day, and the regulars have the advantage of the culture, language

Glad you went on Tuesday. It is always the best to go on their busiest day, the number of garotos is 2X the other days

1 minute ago, Connordrick said:

I believe Junior is planning a birthday party for 202 this December. I hope it gets some buzz and people. The only day it gets really packed is Wednesday. The rest of the days I went were almost empty. It’s a shame I had a great time on Wednesday with four cute programs. One of them lived it up at 2 hours from Copacabana, poor boy imagine. He was so hot we repeated it. One those that some may call twink. I sent him home in an Uber. As the Good Samaritan that I am. 

While I was in Rio 2 weeks ago, it is Junior's son's birthday party one night 

Not many turns out because they charge boys 50$ entrance fee that night for free dinner 

You should try Monday at pointe, it is their second best day now

  • Active Members
24 minutes ago, Connordrick said:

I believe Junior is planning a birthday party for 202 this December. I hope it gets some buzz and people. The only day it gets really packed is Wednesday. The rest of the days I went were almost empty. It’s a shame I had a great time on Wednesday with four cute programs. One of them lived it up at 2 hours from Copacabana, poor boy imagine. He was so hot we repeated it. One those that some may call twink. I sent him home in an Uber. As the Good Samaritan that I am. 

Lat time I was in Rio (April 2024), Monday was quite good at 202. 

  • Active Members
3 hours ago, floridarob said:

Junior has run 202 since it has opened. He had 2 partners at the start, one was Edgar from Lagoa and the other Louis who is a regular there still.... but Junior has always run it, good or bad and is the sole owner for some years now.

 

That’s not exactly true. That’s a little bit of revisionist history there. Junior started out as a garoto and was the boyfriend / partner of one of the owners of the clubs in discussion. Junior started managing / co-managing afterwards, and after that, gained the majority ownership interest in the club.

He is also not the sole owner, although he is the face. There’s a silent investor who now has (some) ownership interest.

Junior has definitely turned Point 202 into the miniature gay discotheque payboy sauna of his fever dreams — for better or for worse. 

  • Active Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

Lat time I was in Rio (April 2024), Monday was quite good at 202. 

Monday is now comparably much slower than Wednesday at 202. It’s been that way for over a year now. But it’s still better than the alternative, which is nothing — because 117 is closed on Mondays, and Meio Mundo in Centro which does get a slight crowd, has the D lister garotos. 

  • Active Members
1 hour ago, Connordrick said:

 

I believe Junior is planning a birthday party for 202 this December.

 

It’s on Saturday, December 7 and his Birthday Party always has a big crowd, with garotos who might not ordinarily show up as well as lots of local and tourist clients. 
 

IMG_2197.jpeg

  • Active Members
21 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

Monday is now comparably much slower than Wednesday at 202. It’s been that way for over a year now. But it’s still better than the alternative, which is nothing — because 117 is closed on Mondays, and Meio Mundo in Centro which does get a slight crowd, has the D lister garotos. 

In the few years I've been visiting 202 Monday has always been considerably slower than Wednesday. That was not my point.

  • Active Members
3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Lat time I was in Rio (April 2024), Monday was quite good at 202. 

Yes, 117 closes on Monday.
So the party moves to 202 which has no competition that night.
This past Monday 202 had a fairly good crowd, although not many stunning GPs.

7 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

That’s not exactly true. That’s a little bit of revisionist history there. Junior started out as a garoto and was the boyfriend / partner of one of the owners of the clubs in discussion. Junior started managing / co-managing afterwards, and after that, gained the majority ownership interest in the club.

He is also not the sole owner, although he is the face. There’s a silent investor who now has (some) ownership interest.

Junior has definitely turned Point 202 into the miniature gay discotheque payboy sauna of his fever dreams — for better or for worse. 

I was there on opening day, knew Edgar  and Louis  well. Junior had Estacao  previously and at the same time they opened 202, who was in that sauna partnership with him, I never asked. But point is only Junior these days and it was the 3 when it started. No secret he was a sauna guy back then.....or where he makes the bulk of his money now.

I used to get VIP during the early years at both of his and at 117, because we were active in attracting gringos to go there from activity on the hooboy page and we had organized 3 "Soiree" parties and Junior attended 1 or 2 on the rooftop of the Atlantico. This was around 2003-2004 , My 1st trip was to Roger's in 1999 and the gay scene for clubs in Botofogo was just coming to an end and the only info available was Damron's or Spartacus which might be outdated by the time you got there.

This pic is from 10/03 and was the 2nd party, 1st party was 4/03 and last 3/04... then there were disagreements about organizing the parties and who was paying and who wasn't, if you could bring a boy , blah, blah, blah....and that was that.

The 1st 2 were great then it wasn't, lol 

Then all the great nights at Corujina's after the saunas and before Le Boy or Encontros sp?
Before the apps, guys from the saunas or some freelancers would hang out across the street looking for customers or an invite to come over and eat.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc73b0213730e97ff20b1e10b1b4953d.jpeg

  • Active Members
15 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

In the few years I've been visiting 202 Monday has always been considerably slower than Wednesday. That was not my point.

Not very long before your “few years” of visiting, Monday was the busiest night at 202, followed by Wednesday, then Friday. They were all, I coincidentally, free cabin nights. Then, someone in management then had the bright idea to stop having free cabin nights on the busiest night, Monday, and only offering free cabin nights on Wednesday. Sometime thereafter, crowds on Mondays decreased sharply, almost disappearing on Fridays, and Wednesday became its only busy night. Recently, free cabins on Mondays have been reinstated and crowds have returned somewhat, but not to that of its glory days. Wednesday remains the busiest night as of now. 

  • Active Members
1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

Not very long before your “few years” of visiting, Monday was the busiest night at 202, followed by Wednesday, then Friday. They were all, I coincidentally, free cabin nights. Then, someone in management then had the bright idea to stop having free cabin nights on the busiest night, Monday, and only offering free cabin nights on Wednesday. Sometime thereafter, crowds on Mondays decreased sharply, almost disappearing on Fridays, and Wednesday became its only busy night. Recently, free cabins on Mondays have been reinstated and crowds have returned somewhat, but not to that of its glory days. Wednesday remains the busiest night as of now. 

Monday may be cabin free now? It was not last April.

  • Active Members
2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

Monday may be cabin free now? It was not last April.

April was almost a whole 8 months ago. How many times total have you visited Rio? Just 6 or 7? Do you know anyone who lives there who regularly attends and can keep you more abreast? 

Since April, they did start a free cabin night promotion at 202 on Mondays. I am unsure if it is ongoing and thus, reliable. 

  • Active Members
1 hour ago, SolaceSoul said:

April was almost a whole 8 months ago. How many times total have you visited Rio? Just 6 or 7? Do you know anyone who lives there who regularly attends and can keep you more abreast? 

Since April, they did start a free cabin night promotion at 202 on Mondays. I am unsure if it is ongoing and thus, reliable. 

Can you read question marks, doctor?

  • Active Members
1 minute ago, SolaceSoul said:

Hereby disproving the old adage, “there’s no such thing as a stupid question.”

LOL. I now understand what is happening. Someone more knowledgeable than you are picked you spreading misinformation (not me, of course!), corrected you, and now you need to keep showing off your know-it-all preaching. 

It is ok, boo. 

  • Active Members
1 hour ago, Latbear4blk said:

LOL. I now understand what is happening. Someone more knowledgeable than you are picked you spreading misinformation (not me, of course!), corrected you, and now you need to keep showing off your know-it-all preaching. 

It is ok, boo. 

I’ll be waiting with bated breath for you to disprove any “misinformation” posted here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.