Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US border agents must get warrant before cell phone searches, federal court rules

Featured Replies

On 8/1/2024 at 5:44 PM, unicorn said:

Do you have any idea why you've gotten such thorough inspections? Have you had similar issues in other countries?

Yes.  55 years ago .... that long ago ... I was involved with a civil rights organization / non-violent demonstration.  Canadian law prohibits certain public demonstrations.  I had landed immigrant status at the time, living in Canada. I was arrested, tried and ordered to leave in 48-hours.  So, even after all of this time and at my age, my name is in the system and I'm checked to see if I'm entering Canada for reasons other than to visit family or tourism. I fully cooperate; no attitude from me.  I've been questioned once or twice at a Canadian land border crossing while sitting in the car ... but not for more than a minute.  No questions in other countries. 

I do have an Australian friend who has lived in Mexico for decades and many times when he enters the USA by air he's taken aside for questioning/search.  He's had some friends incarcerated in Mexico for allegations/convictions of/for sex with under-aged boys (he hasn't done that himself, though).

On 8/2/2024 at 8:43 AM, Moses said:

You may use cloud storage. Backup everything to the cloud (better two: manufacturer's cloud + Google cloud), then wipe gadget to factory setup - like it was at time when you bought it, then cross border and restore phone data from cloud.

There's a flaw in that idea. You are assuming that everyone, including senior management,  is competent to follow highly technical instructions like "wipe gadget to factory setup".   Experience suggests that the more senior the employee, the less likely they are to get it right 😄

14 hours ago, unicorn said:

. I can't imagine that just having porn (among consenting adults, of course) on one's phone is illegal. After all, it's available to anyone with internet access. 

mind you plenty of illegal things are available to those with an internet access

On 8/3/2024 at 9:35 PM, vinapu said:

mind you plenty of illegal things are available to those with an internet access

Indeed. For example  it never ceases to amaze me the huge amount of very hard core porn, available  to all, on Twitter, including children.  Most people have Twitter  on their phone. 

Had Twiiter until the day Elon Musk took it over.

2 hours ago, reader said:

Had Twiiter until the day Elon Musk took it over.

It was a difficult  decision,  as he is such an odious, and dangerous,  man. I use it just to look up escorts, most of whom post mini sex videos!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.