Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wellmax: Saunatainment or Hype?

Featured Replies

I’m in Bangkok for a short visit on the end of a larger holiday. Early this evening (07 Oct) I was deciding on whether to get a massage, do some shopping or have dinner when it started raining. I was kinda stuck and found myself outside of the new Wellmax venue, so I figured I might as well check it out.

Opened in August it promises to be a new concept in Saunas. If you’ve heard of it you would probably also be aware it has an age limit of 55. I am a touch under that but was not asked to verify.

Pay on arrival and you’re given an electronic bracket that opens your locker. Everything is on the one floor, with the usual layout of wet area, maze, private rooms and rest areas.

What is does differently is they what I’d call an instagram aesthetic - themed areas that people would love to get the perfect pic at - if cameras were allowed:)

What you can do instead of update your reels is fuck a lad in an actual tuk tuk. Or see how many people can have sex in a Maui Thai ring, or even on the BTS.

The crowd is 70% Chinese/Taiwanese, 25% local and 5% other. 90% are 20-35 and gym fit, think muscle boys, twinks, some chubby lads, and then me:)

I definitely stood out and most of the crowd weren’t interested, but it only takes one or two to show interest, then other seem to think it’s ok to play with you. Ended up spending most of my time with a muscular Thai guy with an amazing body and beautiful ass. I didn’t get to try the tuk tuk but did get to fuck in a Muai thai ring, so I can tick that off the list.

A great innovation for Bangkok is line dispensers in rooms! Genius!

And two things I have not seen anywhere: the private rooms, I only counted 5 or so, have glass doors with internal blinds, so the occupants can adjust to their level of privacy required. Great for a voyeur:)

The other is a game where you upload a selfie to o their page and people vote of the most popular. It didn’t seem to really get anyone’s attention.

Water, juice, ice cream and noodles are available in the relaxation area.

Would I recommend it? If you are under the age limit you could give it a go, or boycott as a protest. There are so many other venues in Bangkok competing for the gay dollar. The crowd are absolutely stunning, no question of that. Not sure if I’ll be back, but I did have a great time, though I was quite prepared to leave without getting lucky.

It's located in the basement of the Wall St Tower on Surawong Rd.

Wellmax is owned by the same people who own Maxwell Onsen on Surawong Road. Hence the play on the name. I hear that they enforce the age limit on busy nights - don't know how far this is true. Readers might be interested to know how much you paid to enter the venue.

2 hours ago, Gottab said:

A great innovation for Bangkok is line dispensers in rooms! Genius!

What is this?

2 hours ago, Gottab said:

Or see how many people can have sex in a Maui Thai ring

With people cheering I hope 😁

2 hours ago, Gottab said:

most of the crowd weren’t interested, but it only takes one or two to show interest, then other seem to think it’s ok to play with you. Ended up spending most of my time with a muscular Thai guy with an amazing body and beautiful ass.

In Sao Paulo and also Sauna Mania, I've brought hook ups (pros and from apps) with me to alleviate that worry, then others joined in

Thx for a GREAT report.

"There are so many other venues in Bangkok competing for the gay dollar." - But r there other venues who offer something creative or really extraordinary, such as this one does? If so, maybe a new thread about them is in order. I'm an avid reader here; don't remember reports about such.....eccentricities.

PS - I'm 69, would gladly visit there, but don't hold their policy against them. The young deserve to see their likes, and not to see the likes of me. Since 90% r 25-25, maybe they should actually lower the top limit...

4 hours ago, Gottab said:

The crowd is 70% Chinese/Taiwanese, 25% local and 5% other. 90% are 20-35 and gym fit, think muscle boys, twinks, some chubby lads, and then me:)

I definitely stood out

You’ve got me curious now: in what way were you "different" from most of the other guests? Age? Build?

3 hours ago, floridarob said:

What is this?

With people cheering I hope 😁

In Sao Paulo and also Sauna Mania, I've brought hook ups (pros and from apps) with me to alleviate that worry, then others joined in

"I've brought hook ups (pros and from apps) with me to alleviate that worry, then others joined in"

I think that's a good idea, I have done that in other venues. You attract more interest!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.