The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Have you seen it yet? Are you going to see it? Will you wait until it comes out on DVD? No thanks, don't care about it?
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
Maybe the "Dumbos" will gravitate to you ?
- 3 replies
- 1k views
-
-
- 11 replies
- 1.5k views
-
-
I loved the story. http://www.latimes.com/nation/great-reads/la-na-c1-ff-santa-fe-dressmaker-20150703-story.html#page=1
- 2 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
The SCOTUS just declared marriage the law of the land for all its citizens. Gay marriage is now possible in all states.
- 9 replies
- 2k views
- 1 follower
-
I truly hope I'm wrong but with only a few days to go before The Supremes hand down their ruling on same sex marriage, I find that I am increasingly apprehensive that it will go the way many expect it to. I don't really why I feel this way but it's probably because the vote is expected to be so close and I would hate to be disappointed. As a Canadian it won't really effect me personally one way or the other. But I'd hate to think of so many gays that will have their life turned upside down just because a hate group of religious bigot bible thumpers think that their interpretation of morals should be forced on everybody. I would love to be proven wrong..... time will te…
- 17 replies
- 2.2k views
-
Grandma is feeling alot of pressure these days to find a husband since those Supremes were gracious enough to grant us all marriage equality. Now i feel I HAVE to be married just to show my Gratitude..... So, the other day I saw a gorgeous guy across the street from my office as I went out to get a latte... As the light changed, I dashed across the street to get a better look, and to make sure he saw ME... Heres a tip, its not smart to dash across a city street in 6 inch stilletos. Grandma took a nasty fall in the gutter and tore some ligaments in my calf. Well now I am taped up with ugly surgical bandages, and wearing some ugly ass sandals, AND walking with a ca…
-
- 2 replies
- 800 views
-
-
-
It will be interesting to see how the site keeps going after this blow. I have expected this for years and they lasted longer than I thought they would. http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-visa-backpage-20150701-story.html
- 5 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
- 2 replies
- 1k views
-
Any surprises for any of you? http://tobingrant.religionnews.com/2015/06/30/ranking-churches-on-acceptance-of-homosexuality-plus-their-reactions-to-scotus-ruling/ Religious groups have shown a wide range of reactions to U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling that gay and lesbian couples have a right to marry. There are some who have applauded the decision. Others have vehemently disagreed with the ruling as an audacious attempt to redefine marriage. There have also been some religious communities that have remained mum. One reason: differences in opinion among their members. Sociologists and political scientists who research clergy have repeatedly found that religious leaders …
- 1 reply
- 1.2k views
-
-
- 0 replies
- 673 views
-
-
About 17% of voters surveyed report that gay marriage is a "very important" issue for them. That's 17% total including both for and against so it's just not of sufficient weight to be all that useful as a wedge issue for either the Dems or the Repubs. So why are the Dems all embracing the Supreme Court ruling and so many Repubs are trying to back away from the issue? You think maybe their deeply held personal convictions have suddenly evolved like a certain South Carolina governor 'evolved' last week on the issue of the Confederate battle flag? Yea, me neither. Which still begs the question of what environmental factor might be driving this evolution of views by so ma…
- 2 replies
- 993 views
-
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/30/us/feat-jupiter-venus-conjunction/ (CNN)Put down the cell phone. Go outside. Look up. Tuesday night, Jupiter and Venus will culminate a month-long dance with what astronomers say will be a dazzling display, appearing just a fraction of a degree apart from one another in the night sky -- a show that some astronomers say could account for the "Star of Bethlehem" mentioned in the Bible. "To the eye they'll look like a double star," Sky & Telescope editor Kelly Beatty said on the magazine's website. To see the lineup, look to the west-northwest shortly after sunset. This isn't a particularly rare event; such conjunctions are fairly frequ…
- 3 replies
- 1.2k views
-
The SCOTUS just made same sex marriage the law of the land in the USA. It is a very exciting day in USA.
- 11 replies
- 2.4k views
- 1 follower
-
And would he have had anything posted that would have drawn an "Oh, my!" from Sandra Day O'Conner? [sen. Ted] Cruz served as a law clerk to then Supreme Court Chief Justice William Rehnquist. One day, he was standing behind Rehnquist and Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. “We were in front of a large computer screen gazing at explicit, hard-core pornography,” Cruz wrote. The reason? The court was considering a case challenging a law that regulated online porn. The clerks were older and not well-versed in the Internet, so court librarians set up a tutorial for the justices and their clerks on how easy it was to find porn online. Cruz watched as the librarian typed in the word…
-
- 2 replies
- 938 views
- 1 follower
-
-
He's the newest teen Heartthrob. At 16, the cutie patootie is starring on Teen Wolf He can SPRAY his BERRY all over Grandma anytime he wants !
- 11 replies
- 2.6k views
-
I guess it Works ??? ( for 2-ways OR 3-ways)
-
- 0 replies
- 651 views
-
-
Don't waste your money!! Thin plot, terrible acting , not even scary. I could not wait for it to end!
-
- 2 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
-
- 0 replies
- 669 views
-
-
While all this Marriage Equality talk is of UTMOST Importance to us as GAY Americans, Let's not Forget what's TRULY IMPORTANT............ It's soooooo Important !
- 3 replies
- 1.3k views
-
Grandma Loves YOU All ! (And, she's Single, and Looking to mingle)
- 2 replies
- 926 views
- 1 follower
-
-
- 0 replies
- 764 views
-
-
I have attached an image to help illustrate. Also, a photo for your profile and an avatar are 2 different things. They can be the same image but they don't have to be. A photo on your profile is the image that appears when someone goes to view your profile. An avatar is the photo that appears in the forum when you make a post. To change either, first be sure you are logged into the site and you see your name on the right hand side. 1. Click on your name to get the drop down box. When you get that box, Click Settings. 2. When you are in settings, go to Profile. 3. There are several options that appear and 2 of them are Change Photo and Change Avatar. You click on …
-
None other than everyone's favourite douche BRISTOL PALIN. For the 2nd time and she is unmarried - surprise This is the woman who gets between $15,000 & $30,000 for travelling around the country giving speeches on the virtues of abstinence. Just thought you'd like to know........