The Beer Bar
Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!
16,177 topics in this forum
-
Some new owners have logged on to Apple forums complaining that their iPad had little or no wi-fi signal, where other devices worked well. Michael Arrington at TechCrunch reported "scores of complaints" on Apple forums. "I'm getting one or two bars on my iPad in rooms where my iPhone, iPod touch, both Macbook Pros, Apple TV and Playstation all get full service," he said. The iPad can only connect to the internet via wifi. Computer experts have warned that without access to the internet "the iPad is DOA (dead on arrival)". Some suggest that the problem could be a weak wi-fi antenna, which is located behind the logo on the back of the iPad. Arrington said on his blo…
-
This is an excerpt from today's BBC website: A new visa code has come into force in most EU member states, speeding up and standardising visa procedures for travellers to Europe. The new rules apply to the 25 countries in the Schengen zone . . . 22 EU countries and three non-EU nations - Norway, Iceland and Switzerland. The UK and Irish Republic are among those outside. Getting a Schengen visa will be "faster and fairer", the EU Commission says. The code applies to third-country nationals seeking a short-stay visa for travel within the zone - that is, valid for 90 days. The European Commission says the visa code is now being applied by Schengen countries' con…
-
Here is short (less than 150 word) excerpt from a much longer article on the BBC website page. The US has announced that it will begin profiling US-bound passengers to determine who should get extra screening. The measures will replace mandatory enhanced screening of all travellers from 14 nations, brought in after the failed attack on a flight in December. Travellers will be picked out according to how closely they match intelligence on potential terrorist threats. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the new measures would use "real-time, threat-based intelligence along with multiple, random layers of security, both seen and unseen, …
-
-
The WSJ on Saturday ran an article on women's preferences "Why Women Don't Want Macho Men," by Jena Pincott concerning research into women's preferences for men. They were presented with pairs of men's faces. For each set they would need to select the face they considered more attractive and indicate how much they preferred it to the other one: A pair of faces from the Face Research Laboratory study to evaluate women's preferences. The image on the left has more masculine features like thicker eyebrows and a wider jaw. To read the full article: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...le_Lifestyle_5 So I'm taking a poll - which one do you prefer? I'll take the one on …
-
- 1 reply
- 921 views
-
-
I happened to be in Palm Springs this weekend for an gathering of another IBB group I belong to and I stopped by the"Hooville" gathering at Olivers place. This was a LOT of fun and my thanks to Oliver and Lucky for inviting me. The weather this past weekend was really as good as it get in PSP hot enough for some fun in the pool but not so hot that you needed to seek out an air conditioned space. I stopped by a new bar called DINK's (right next to Toucans)on friday night and it was a lot of fun-four very cute dancers and a nice big open space(unlike hunter's)which also houses a restaurant. I was also able to catch up with my escort friend Dirk(formerly of Los Angeles,N…
-
Hello guys, I've posted this topic in other forum with great interest. That's why decide to post it here to. Let's see what you think about. I have really enjoy while reading wiki's explanation about male escort services and male prostitution. I totally disagree this article in wiki. here is the link http://en.wikipedia....le_prostitution I found another one by someone called Jimi Mikes and this is a passage from it I like it. " The biggest misconception that people have is that male prostitutes and male escorts are the same. However, there is a fine line between them and a few differences do exist. A male prostitute will specifically offer sexual services for money.…
-
We had eight years of Bush and Cheney, Now you get mad!? You didn't get mad when the Supreme Court stopped a legal recount and appointed a President. You didn't get mad when Cheney allowed Energy company officials to dictate energy policy. You didn't get mad when a covert CIA operative got outed. You didn't get mad when the Patriot Act got passed. You didn't get mad when we illegally invaded a country that posed no threat to us. You didn't get mad when we spent over 600 billion(and counting) on said illegal war. You didn't get mad when over 10 billion dollars just disappeared in Iraq. You didn't get mad when you found out we were tortur…
-
Ricky Martin just came out as gay. I just can't believe it. Who knew? http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/29/ricky.martin.gay/index.html?hpt=T2 Ricky Martin says he's 'a fortunate homosexual man'
-
Ricky Martin came out on his website Tuesday. http://rickymartinmusic.com/portal/news/news.asp?item=114532 The singer, whose sexuality was the source of much speculation in his "Vida Loca" heyday, posted a long statement that ended with, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am." Martin welcomed twin sons via a surrogate in 2008 and has largely stepped away from the limelight to be a dad. The statement in its entirety, which he posted in Spanish and English, is below. IN FULL: A few months ago I decided to write my memoirs, a project I knew was going to bring me closer to an amazing turning point in my life. From the …
-
- 0 replies
- 827 views
-
-
I was going to post this in the "business travel" section and than realized that is for posting up coming trips for escorts!! My friend who I travel to Brazil with and i will be in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami the weekend of April 15th to 18th. While I have to do some business on Friday during the day, I would guess we will be at either Johnny's or the Boardwalk each evening. and possibly Twist in So Beach. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! thanks!
-
From Kiplinger. MAKING YOUR MONEY LAST Health Care Reform: What It Means for Retirees Changes to Medicare and to the individual insurance market will affect retirees. Here are key details that you need to know. By Susan B. Garland, Editor, Kiplinger's Retirement Report March 24, 2010 Text Size T T Comments President Obama has signed the landmark health-care overhaul legislation into law, and the Senate is taking up a bill with proposed changes. Here are key provisions that could affect you. Medicare. The Part D prescription-drug doughnut hole will be gradually reduced by 2020. Seniors who reach the doughnut hole in 2010 will receive a $250 rebate. S…
-
Those of you familiar with the gay scene in Prague and those who aren't will very likely be fascinated with this comprehensive report, complete with photos and videos. Gay Porn | Prague Porn
-
Economic Crisis In Eastern Europe Drives Straight Men Into Gay Porn GlobalPost: PRAGUE, Czech Republic �" Martin Justel is 20, as old as the Czech democracy and, arguably, just as mature. He is scrawny and too tall for his body mass. He has a baby face, short auburn hair, long eyelashes and a vacant expression. He looks hardly 18 but his eyes, blinking slowly, convey the gloom and servitude of somebody much older. In the terminology of the American gay sexual marketplace, he is a classic "twink," a thin, young, pretty boy. Read the whole story: http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/commerce/100323/gay-porn-prague
-
- 0 replies
- 809 views
-
-
Dutch outrage as US general blames gay soldiers for Srebrenica (Times Online, 19 March 2010) By Philippe Naughton A retired American general has blamed the UN's historic failure to protect the Bosnian "safe haven" of Srebrenica on the fact that there were openly gay soldiers in the Dutch peacekeeping battalion assigned to it. The comments from former Marine Corps General John Sheehan prompted outrage in the Netherlands, where the humiliation in July 1995 of 400 armed Dutch peacekeepers and the subsequent massacre by Serb forces of 8,000 Muslim men and boys remains a subject of acute national sensitivity. General Sheehan, one of two Nato "supreme …
-
Ok, Obama's Health Care Bill (or significant parts of it) is about to pass into law in the US. My question for the political savvy folks here, is does this change have any effect on expats or those who spend considerable time ovrseas? I assume Medicare still does not cover us, but is anything good for us going to come about because of this?
-
From the BBC website - Family see Jesus image in Marmite It may not be immediately obvious to everyone, but one family are convinced they can see the face of Jesus on the lid of a jar of Marmite. Claire Allen, 36, said she was the first to notice the image on the underside of the lid as she was putting the yeast spread on her son's toast. Her husband Gareth, 37, said he could not believe his eyes when he saw it. "People might think I'm nuts, but I like to think it's Jesus looking out for us." I obviously fall into the "Oh Ye of Little Faith" category as I know he is nuts!
-
- 16 replies
- 3.5k views
-
-
I'm nostalgic for the threads of yesteryear; you know, the ones with all those pretty pictures. Seems like it's been forever since we had one. I know there's the Brazilian programa threads, but that's not quite the same thing. Let's see if a pot luck supper concept works, a kind of collective effort where everybody brings their favorite hot dish and shares them around. Did you already guess I have a thing for underwear?
-
- 9 replies
- 1.6k views
-
-
'Daniel Boone' Star Fess Parker Dies By Alan Duke, CNN March 18, 2010 Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Fess Parker, best known for playing Daniel Boone in a 1960s television series, died Thursday at his home near Santa Barbara, California, his publicist said. He was 85. Parker followed his acting career with successful hotel and winery ventures around Santa Barbara. A statement issued by his family did not reveal the cause of death. Parker is survived by his wife of 50 years, Marcella, their son and daughter, 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchild who "spent a great deal of time with Fess in his final months and weeks," the statement said. A na…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.3k views
-
-
Cyndi Lauper Headlines Pride Toronto’s 30th Anniversary Festival Pride Toronto Press Release Mar 4, 2010 http://www.pridetoronto.com/press/cyndi-lauper-headlines-pride-torontos-30th-anniversary-festival/'>http://www.pridetoronto.com/press/cyndi-lauper-headlines-pride-torontos-30th-anniversary-festival/ Cyndi Lauper, one of the world's most recognized Queer icons, comes to Toronto on Saturday, July 3 2010 for a FREE concert in Queen's Park. An unwavering advocate for LGBTTIQQ2SA* rights, Cyndi Lauper established herself as a household name with the 1983 single "Girls Just Want To Have Fun", kicking off a long career which includes more than 25 million in record sal…
-
- 1 reply
- 829 views
-
-
Aging Issues can be Tougher on Gays (CNN) -- Last Christmas, Missouri State Highway Patrol Cpl. Dennis Engelhard was putting flares near a minor accident on a snowy road in Eureka when he was hit by a car and killed. "I'd had a premonition about it," said Kelly Glossip, 43, Engelhard's domestic partner of 15 years. The openly gay couple had discussed what might happen if Engelhard were to die in Missouri, a state that does not recognize same-sex partnerships, he said. "He had faith in the system and told me not to worry about it," Glossip said from his home in suburban St. Louis. But now Glossip, who works only part time in a billing office because of …
-
- 0 replies
- 1.2k views
-
-
Vast FCC Plan Would Make High-Speed Internet Nation's Dominant Communications Network. I think this is a great idea and really essential to remain competitive in the world in the future. ALready we lag behind Europe and parts of Asia in internet and cell phone service delivery technology. I hope that is comes to fruition. If it does then I hope that a leap in cyber-security technology accompanies it hand-in-hand. However, I see a very dark side to this which is more likely to come to fruition based on how our Congress and Business Community works. There is going to be a tremendous amount of government development and subsidy dollars that will enrich the telecommunicati…
-
- 2 replies
- 855 views
-
-
I am in the process of expanding my DVD library. I am trying to find all Oscar winning movies since 1927. I am unable to find for download CAVALCADE from 1932-1933. Does anyone have a copy or know where I can get one? There will others down the road to completing this endeavor, I am sure.
-
If you find yourself in Atlanta don't miss the new exhibition "Diana: a celebration" at the Civic Center in downtown Atlanta. "Experience the life and works of Diana, Princess of Wales January 23 - June 13, 2010 at the Atlanta Civic Center. Multiple galleries showcase the Princesses humanitarian works, jewels and tiaras, designer outfits and Diana's spectacular wedding gown and 25-foot train. Plan an Atlanta getaway to see this unforgettable exhibit."
-
'Mission: Impossible' Actor Peter Graves Dead at 83 March 15, 2010 Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Actor Peter Graves, best known for his starring role on TV's "Mission: Impossible," died Sunday. He was 83. While the cause of the actor's death was not immediately known, he apparently suffered a heart attack, his publicist said. Graves had gone to brunch with his family Sunday morning. After they returned home and entered the house, one of his daughters began to wonder why he hadn't come back inside with them, said publicist Sandy Brokaw. The family went outside and found Graves had collapsed. His daughter performed CPR but was unsuccessful in reviving…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.9k views
-