Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Beer Bar

Open to general topics not covered elsewhere including Current Events, Politics, Religion, Movies and other topics. Discuss the topic, not the policy or personality. Have fun and enjoy!

  1. My heart goes out to those in Haiti. One of my first lovers was from there and I visited the country one time. It is a beautiful place, although very intolerant of gays. I hope the recover effort is fast and that the people are given as much help and assistance from the world as possible.

  2. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    In the coverage of the dreadful Haiti earthquake, we

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. Miep Gies, Anne Frank Protector, Dies at 100 January 12, 2010 (CNN) -- Miep Gies, who ensured the diary of Anne Frank did not fall into the hands of Nazis after the teen's arrest, has died. She was 100. Gies was among a team of Dutch citizens who hid the Frank family of four and four others in a secret annex in Amsterdam, Netherlands, during World War II, according to her official Web site, which announced her death Monday. She worked as a secretary for Anne Frank's father, Otto, in the front side of the same Prinsengracht building. The family stayed in the secret room from July 1942 until August 4, 1944, when they were arrested by Gestapo and Dutch police…

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  4. Started by TotallyOz,

    I am thinking about throwing an LA get together for everyone. I have talked to Townie about this and he has given me some suggestions on where to go. My question is who would be interested in this? Is there a demand for it? Would people show up? Naturally, I'd invite Daddy's Boys as well and every escort in LA. But, as a member thing, are any interested?

  5. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    It's about taking all the stupid precautions and none of the smart ones. This case is only one illustration. It can't be the only one. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/14/nyregion/14watchlist.html?hp

    • 0 replies
    • 800 views
  6. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    It's now been some weeks since O' Brien took over from Jay Leno. I've only seen a few episodes, but I find the whole Late Night format has completely lost any zest and interest it had before - and I was no great fan of Leno. The new show dies for me even before O'Brien comes on stage with the massively over-hyped audience reaction. I suggest NBC put whoever does the 30-minute audience warm-up on in O'Brien's place to liven things up.

    • 12 replies
    • 2.1k views
  7. Congrats to Alabama. It was a great game to watch! I wore my red Crimson Tide shirt and socks just for the occasion! Roll Tide!

  8. We will start this week by removing all profiles from escorts who don't log in at least once every 90 days. This has been discussed before and we have sent out several e-mails to escorts to ask them to log in. We believe this is the best way to make sure only those interested in getting clients are listed. We are also removing any profiles from escorts who e-mail bounces. Please feel free to discuss this with us. We are always open to discussing any issues you may have with this or other decisions we make. Oz

  9. Guest StuCotts
    Started by Guest StuCotts,

    Among the many pleasures of "Dexter" is the quality of the writing, which is constantly taking me by surprise in large ways and small. As in all TV series with no restrictions on language, these writers treat us generously to unabating explorations of "fuck" and its variants. But very occasionally they cut loose, with results that sound inspired, at least to this envious language freak. The lines are invariably entrusted to Jennifer Carpenter's delivery. I came across an example on Youtube, and it's not even the best of the ones I remember.

  10. Started by TotallyOz,

    I met up with TomCal last night in LA for drinks at Mickey's. I was running a bit late and didn't get to spend much time there but there were some hot gogo boys on stage at 7PM. When we walked back by around 10:30 or so there were more. When I got there they had a young twink that I had met and raved about at Micky's the last time I was there. Once again, he made my heart go pitter patter! Also, walking on the same block I think there were at least 2 more bars with gogo boys. The late night crowd at Rage was HOT. VERY many sexy guys in line and in the outside box. I will have to go back and just hang out in the area one night. Thanks to TomCal for suggesting th…

  11. Guest shebavon
    Started by Guest shebavon,

    From the Huffington Post: Roxxxy Sex Robot ( World's First 'Robot Girlfriend' Can Do More Than Chat First Posted: 01-10-10 09:27 PM | Updated: 01-12-10 09:46 AM LAS VEGAS

    • 0 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    I'm heading to Labadee, Grand Cayman Islands and Cozumel on board of the Libertly of the Seas along with another 4000 people. I was wondering if someone else is joining that cruise ... ? Cheers,

    • 0 replies
    • 580 views
  13. Witness: Civil Unions like Allowing just One Bite of Twinkie By Dan Simon and Augie Martin, CNN January 11, 2010 San Francisco, California (CNN) -- A gay couple challenging Proposition 8 in federal court Monday said civil unions and domestic partnerships aren't the same as marriages, something they view as a stepping stone toward starting a family. "[it's] like putting a Twinkie at the end of a treadmill and saying, 'You can only have a bite,' " testified Paul Katami, one of the plaintiffs. "And you want the whole thing. ... All I want is to be married." Katami and his partner, Jeffrey Zarrillo, are among plaintiffs asking Chief Judge Vaughn R. Walker of …

    • 10 replies
    • 2.2k views
  14. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    For what it's worth, these are the 31 destinations to head for in 2010 as recommended by The New York Times. Some are obvious - Istanbul is Europe's City of Culture for 2010, the World Expo opens in a few months in Shanghai, and South Africa sees the World Cup. But Koh Kood - which The NYT bills as possibly the next Koh Samui? All the reasons at - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/10/travel/10places.html?emc=eta1 1. Sri Lanka 2. Patagonia Wine Country 3. Seoul 4. Mysore, India 5. Copenhagen 6. Koh Kood, Thailand 7. Damascus 8. Cesme, Turkey 9. Antarctica 10. Leipzig 11. Los Angeles 12. Shanghai 13. Mumbai 14. Minorca, Spain 15. Costa Rica
 16. Marrake…

    • 6 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Guest fountainhall
    Started by Guest fountainhall,

    President Obama has lifted the 22-year immigration ban which has stopped anyone with HIV/Aids from entering the country. According to the BBC website -

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  16. Started by Gaybutton,

    The following appears in the BANGKOK POST: _____ Portugal MPs Approve Gay Marriage Portugal's parliament Friday approved plans to legalise gay marriage, less than three decades after revoking the country's ban on homosexuality, but rejected proposals to allow same sex couples to adopt. The bill passed with limited public controversy in what has traditionally been one of Europe's most socially conservative countries. After less than three hours' debate, Friday's parliamentary vote went mainly along party lines, with the left-wing majority backing the measure proposed by Prime Minister Jose Socrates and the right-wing opposition voting against. It will …

    • 0 replies
    • 1.5k views
  17. Started by TotallyOz,

    I met a guy on Craig's List today that said a "new" massage place opened in this area in LA and that it was a gay full service massage place. The pic he sent was sexy. But, he said he only works one day per week. He said massage was 50 US. He said masseurs expected tip of 20-40 for full-service. What am I missing?

  18. Started by TampaYankee,

    Bruce Vilanch's Assistant Arrested For Coke Dealing By Michael Musto See story at: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/dailymusto/archives/2009/10/bruce_vilanchs.php

  19. Same-Sex Marriage Trial to be Shown on YouTube January 7, 2010 (CNN) -- A California judge ruled Wednesday to allow cameras in a federal courtroom to document a challenge to Proposition 8, a measure banning same-sex marriage. The courtroom footage will not be streamed live, but will be uploaded on the Web site YouTube daily, CNN affiliate KGO reported. Proposition 8 passed with about 52.5 percent of the vote in November 2008. A lesbian couple and a gay couple who were banned from marrying filed a suit challenging the constitutionality of the new measure, the affiliate reported. The nonjury trial is to begin on January 11 in federal court in San Francis…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.3k views
  20. Started by TotallyOz,

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds8ryWd5aFw

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  21. Started by Gaybutton,

    ESPN to Launch 3-D Network By Doug Gross, CNN January 5, 2010 (CNN) -- World Cup soccer, the 2011 BCS National Championship game and dozens of other sporting events will be shown in 3-D by ESPN in the coming year. The cable network announced Tuesday that it will launch a new channel, ESPN 3D, on June 11 with its three-dimensional broadcast of a FIFA World Cup soccer match between South Africa and Mexico. In the next 12 months, the network will show at least 85 games, including the January 11, 2011, national championship and other college football games, college basketball, and ESPN's Summer X Games, according to the network. "ESPN's commitment to 3D i…

    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  22. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

    Turn your speakers on ... click in the picture to play http://www.sensitif.fr/voeux10.php Cheers,

  23. Started by TotallyOz,

    Since the Christmas airplane debacle, there are many new rules and regulations that are being enacted. Tighter security measure for passengers traveling from 14 countries. These countries are: Afghanistan, Algeria, Cuba, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. 13 of the 14 are Muslim countries. Why is Cuba in this list? I don't really mind tighter security measures at all for myself when I am trying. I actually feel safer when I know all are thoroughly screened. I encourage them for all travelers and consider it part of travel. I do wonder if any of this will work. I was not a bit surprised that the guy wa…

  24. Guest StevenDraker
    Started by Guest StevenDraker,

  25. And I definitely "ain't it" and never was: _____ Dating Site for Beautiful People Expels 'Fatties' after Holiday Weight Gain By Mallory Simon, CNN January 4, 2010 (CNN) -- A dating site that markets itself as an elite community for beautiful people with a "strict ban on ugly people" has axed about 5,000 members for packing on the pounds during the holiday season. The international site BeautifulPeople.com threw out members after they posted photos "revealing that they have let themselves go," according to a company statement. "As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be …

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.