firecat69

Sad Olympic Story

Well... the grandmother was 82 and died during a joyful celebration.

I can imagine worst ways to end her days, and at 82 she had a sufficiently long life.

The olympic winner should feel satisfaction that he made his grandmother die of joy.

He should be satisfied he made his grandmother die of joy ?

What a vile reprehensible comment...

He should be satisfied he made his grandmother die of joy ?

What a vile reprehensible comment...

Yes, yours is a vile reprehensible comment.

Grandmothers don't last forever.  I have had such an experience.

It is a thousand times better to have your 82 year old grandmother have her heart give out in an over excitement of joy than see her slowly languish amidst suffering from a terminal chronic disease.

Not to mention the grandmothers who die of sorrow seeing their grandchildren being imprisoned as criminals, not as olympic winners.

It seems that you bought into some over-sentimental news article.

spot on unfortunately

Agree!  I get the videos of the games over-the-air and recorded.  When I look at them, I am tired to see nothing but the Americans in gory detail,  and very little of the athletes from other countries.  I am tired of hearing about the five American gymnasts who won gold.  So far I liked much, much more seeing the two cute Chinese guys winning gold in synchronized diving.  I would leave behind the gold medal and take... them! 

Grandmothers don't last forever.

nothing over-sentimental here, death is death even of very old person and for joyful reason.

Few years ago world saw Obama shedding tears on news of his grandma passing.

Death of grandparent pushes  us to a  second place in line to go

Yes, yours is a vile reprehensible comment.

Grandmothers don't last forever.  I have had such an experience.

It is a thousand times better to have your 82 year old grandmother have her heart give out in an over excitement of joy than see her slowly languish amidst suffering from a terminal chronic disease.

Not to mention the grandmothers who die of sorrow seeing their grandchildren being imprisoned as criminals, not as olympic winners.

Yes we all know grandmothers don't last forever,and according to you 82yrs is quite sufficient,who made you the life expectancy estimator expert ?

Your comment i bought into a over-sentimental news article is wrong.

Your reply to my comment only confirms what i said earlier.

Your reply to my comment only confirms what i said earlier.

Your reply to my comment confirms what I said to you earlier.

In today's global world we get endless news of unexpected tragedies that cause many victims.  A natural death, which seems to have been the case of this grandmother in the excitement of a celebration, does hardly qualify as a big tragedy.  

But I have something to correct in my previous post:  it is not that the article was over-sentimental,  the article was simply news. But you took it with a tearful sentimentalism that made you horrified by my common-sense estimation, to the point that you chose to become insulting.

You need to be more realistic and down-to-earth.

nothing over-sentimental here, death is death even of very old person and for joyful reason.

Few years ago world saw Obama shedding tears on news of his grandma passing.

Death of grandparent pushes  us to a  second place in line to go

Oh,  maybe the tears of Obama set a new standard of sensibility towards the deaths of grandmas.

I agree that it is an infamous abomination to have everybody die sooner or later.