Jhoony

Trip report

In October I waited longer for my luggage to appear on the belt at DUS Airport than the flight took from Vienna to Dusseldorf, but yes, that's first world problems.

I agree, DMK can be terrible with waiting in line for Immigration. When flying into DMK my boyfriend with his Thai passport is usually already waiting with our suitcases next to the belt while I'm still in line for my entry stamp, so if flying into BKK is only marginally more expensive than DMK I'll book that.

No problem with immigration lines at DMK last Sunday when I returned from Cambodia, luggage arrived almost at the same time when I approached carousel so no problems whatsoever as far as I can see.

As a bonus , I went to the railway station across and in 7 minutes train from Surin was on the platform taking me to Halampomg in 50 minutes  for a whole 5 baht.

Vin,

Is that train air-conditioned?

I ask because it was rather stuffy in the cabins/carriages the last time I took it.

as answered by spoon already . no A/C for 5 baht . some trains have A/C carriages but price will be much higher .

There are  multliple trains during the day but there are gaps in service so trains are not suitable for all flights. I had very good luck with few minutes waiting but had I miss that train next one was in about 90 minutes.

There are also vans every 30 minutes from DMK to MOR Chit bus station and Victory Monument / separate line / , cost is either 100 or 130 , don't remember exactly