Guest jones

Best place to Celebrate Songkran - Bangkok vs Isaan

Guest jones

Hi Guys.

I am in Thailand for my 3rd songkran in a row and am debating if i should stick to my usual plan and go to BKK to Celebrate and then move on to Pattaya or explore another location.

I love the atmosphere in BKK

Silom plus it attracts some cute guys.

But... on my travels i have noticed that a lot of boys from the bars etc head back to their home towns to Celebrate.

I have spoken to boys who say Burriram is great and various areas throughout Isaan. Plus apparently Cambodia is a good place to Celebrate also.

My main worry is that i wouldn't want to travel to unknown territory to find that i had made the wrong decision.

So my question is. Have any of you (who enjoy songkran) celebrated in other areas around Thailand. And would you recommend any areas other than BKK, Pattaya.

TIA

Issan = Wake at 6am, do a Monk & Parents tribute, open the loud speakers, do a village parade, drink Lao Khao (Rice whiskey) and knockout by midday.

Sleep the rest of the day and start again the next morning.

Suggest you stick to Bkk (Or maybe Chiang mai if you want to experience something different but still lively)

Last year I had a trip to Kanchanaburi over Songkran (not to celebrate, but to escape), and there everything was quite civilized (I don't like the madness of Silom at all).

I advise against traveling to a new place for Songkran. There might be problems with transport, accommodation, and then different areas celebrate Songkran at different times.