reader

Bomb blast at Bangkok Hospital

Excerpts from Bangkok Post

Authorities say a bomb at a hospital in Bangkok has wounded 21 people.

The blast went off at 10am on Monday in the dispensary's waiting room for commissioned officers at Phra Mongkutklao Hospital, an army-run facility which also treats civilians, on Ratchawithi Road in Bangkok, according to Thai media.

Lt Gen Saroj Keokajee, commander of the Army Medical Department which supervises the hospital, said in the evening 21 people were wounded. Thirteen of them have already been discharged while the remaining eight are still being monitored at the hospital.

Government spokesman Lt Gen Sansern Kaewkamnerd said it was too early to tell whether the bombing was linked to the third anniversary of the coup and the National Council for Peace and Order.

Thai media reported at 4pm OED officials had found traces of gunpowder in a PVC pipe, which had been hidden in a vase. They also found many nails, supposedly used as shrapnel.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1254259/police-bomb-at-hospital-wounds-more-than-20

Three bombings in BKK in the past two months.

And many more occurring in the South.

Not very comforting to those of us planning a visit...

Probably no more dangerous than Santa Fe or any other American city.

I think the terrorist threat is a global phenomenon at this time. If you're unfortunate enough, you could get hit in Bangkok or in Manchester or anywhere else.

Did you really have to say Manchester???

Here in the USA you might get run over by a car driven by some drugged out loony, or stabbed to death by another Far-Right guy drunk out of his mind, or shoot by an angry husband in the middle of a domestic dispute.

Life is great!!! Everywhere...

Why should I not have said Manchester, in your opinion? That was the latest terrorist attack in the West at the time I wrote it. Yet another one in a never-ending series, which is exactly the point I wanted to make.

Why should I not have said Manchester, in your opinion? That was the latest terrorist attack in the West at the time I wrote it. Yet another one in a never-ending series, which is exactly the point I wanted to make.

Sorry I just thought it was sad to mention. Such a terrible thing to happen and with so many young girls there.

And thank you also vinapu. Is there actually a Manchester in Alabama??