reader

Qatar Airways adds U-Tapao service

From Gulf Times

DOHA - Qatar Airways will launch direct flights to Pattaya, its fifth route to Thailand, due to increasing customer demand, it was announced.

The new four times a week service, which starts on January 28, 2018, is in addition to the airline’s existing flights to Bangkok, Krabi, Phuket and soon to be launched, Chiang Mai.

Qatar Airways will operate a Boeing 787 Dreamliner, with 22 seats in Business Class and 232 seats in Economy Class on flights between Doha and U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya International Airport, on its winter schedule.

http://www.gulf-times.com/story/569184/Qatar-Airways-launches-new-flights-to-Pattaya

From Gulf Times

DOHA - Qatar Airways will launch direct flights to Pattaya, its fifth route to Thailand, due to increasing customer demand

Considering the typical behaviour of their people in Pattaya, I hope not too much of the increasing demand is coming from their home region (middle East).

Wow! I was hoping to visit Chiang Mai by their flight, but with U-Tapao flights I could miss CM again :))))

So tempting...

Not a very poor product, they just ordered 3+3+3 sits scheme (as the most air carriers did), although Boeing advertised it as 2+4+2 sits scheme. 787 is a bit narrow, than 777, so when it is 3+3+3 scheme, the sits are narrow too.

Considering the typical behaviour of their people in Pattaya, I hope not too much of the increasing demand is coming from their home region (middle East).

Generally, they are a transit air carrier. And for really Qataries Pattaya has not enough gold and diamonds, I hope. On the second thought - perhaps, it is done for us, for Russians?! :). QR has free fleet now, because of the current political situation.