discord87

Tourist-friendly gyms in BKK & Pattaya

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has any info about gyms that are "tourist friendly" i.e. provide short term memberships or even per entry payments.

While hotels/condos normally have a small gym, the equipments are often lacking. So, I was hoping to find a properly equipped gyms in BKK and Pattaya that I can frequent during my usual short trips there.

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can share. :-)

Depending on where you want to stay,  whilst not huge the gym at Baan Souy hotel in Pattaya is a lot more than the typical small hotel gym with a good range of various quality equipment and free weights, normally very quiet and completely included in your stay., I personally like Thai guys with a decent physique who enjoy working out and their eyes normal light up in delight when they see the facilities there for the first time! 

In Bangkok I use Clark Fitness Thaniya (Thaniya Plaza 9th floor), reasonable gym and a salt water swimming pool

I usually work out at Tonys on Third Road near the junction with South Pattaya Road. This is the largest gym in Pattaya with an extensive range of weights / aerobic machines and it has a fairly large swimming pool. There are two facilities on each side of the road.

Long term memberships are good value but for periods less than one month it’s rather expensive.

In Bangkok I use Clark Fitness Thaniya (Thaniya Plaza 9th floor), reasonable gym and a salt water swimming pool

If thats the same one that Im thinking it is remember / be sure to bring your passport as for some strange reason they absolutely require it to allow you access, I also seem to recall that it was expensive enough too ( maybe 800-1000 baht or something ??)

I usually work out at Tonys on Third Road near the junction with South Pattaya Road.

When i last went there they had a strange system that one off users couldn't just pay at the corner gym but had to go to the other upstairs gym to pay and then get a ticket and take it back to the corner gym and hand it to the guy there before they could use the equipment.   To try and avoid that I tried to get the guy at the corner gym just to take my money, either above board or below and he absolutely wouldn't hear of it and I did have to make the trek.    The corner gym is outdoor of course whereas the other one is indoor ( and has air con !). I made the foolish mistake of thinking it would be nice to train outdoors so went there - until I actually started training as with the heat and humidity after doing almost nothing training wise I thought I was going to collapse and had to stop.  I was about to give up and then the upside happened as it turns out the army gives their soldiers free use of the gym and about 15 ripped and hot as hell guys started using the equipment and I spent the next hour basically drooling at their hot and sweaty bodies as they worked out - worth every baht for that if nothing else !! :)

If thats the same one that Im thinking it is remember / be sure to bring your passport as for some strange reason they absolutely require it to allow you access, I also seem to recall that it was expensive enough too ( maybe 800-1000 baht or something ??)

Never had to produce my passport but my West Australian drivers license was sufficient ID for them, it can be expensive yes, from memory it was 400 baht single visit but I always paid for a month which I think was around 3000 baht. Main reasons I liked going there was proximity to the hotel and the salt water pool