reader

Dining in the Bangkok sky

Think I'll stick to a pizza at the Madrid.

From Coconuts Bangkok

1-6.png?resize=696%2C392

Dinner In The Sky Thailand, a culinary experience high above the city skyline and hosted among the stars officially launches its inaugural flight in Bangkok today. This is the first time this global phenomenon has been made available to Thais and international visitors to Thailand. Featuring the world’s only suspended high-altitude dinner table, guests are seated securely at a height of 50m where they enjoy a four-course gourmet dinner with astonishing views of the Bangkok skyline.

Dinner In The Sky Thailand is located between The Emporium Shopping Complex, the Benchasiri Park and Dinosaur Planet (right next to BTS Phrom Phong). The launch program includes a Gala event joined by VIP and media guests, and celebrities including Mr. Weerasak Kowsurat, Minister of Tourism and Sports, Ms Plernpit Muenpon, Executive Director, Information Technology Office, Tourism Authority of Thailand, Woody and his Friends.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/dinner-sky-takes-off-thailand-first-time-ever/

me too , which one is your favorite? Mine is white spinach

Veggie.

Had a late evening flight on last departure so I went to Madrid for mid-afternoon lunch.  Usually get beer with it but Madrid had a Wednesday wine special (100 baht) so I had that instead. And it was a generous pour.

Veggie.

Had a late evening flight on last departure so I went to Madrid for mid-afternoon lunch.  Usually get beer with it but Madrid had a Wednesday wine special (100 baht) so I had that instead. And it was a generous pour.

I'd never do that unless wine was local Thai because I'm strong believer and practiser of rule that visitors  should support their hosts by consuming local products whenever possible. Like ancient Romans said " when in Rome, use only Roman condoms"

Of course it's another story if you need wine to flush down your  medicine but it's only exception I can think of.

While it must be a thrill to eat at 50m (164 ft) with your feet hanging loose in the air for about an hour, I must say that for about the same price I prefer to drink and eat for 3 hours on the roof of the Banyan Tree hotel’s 61st floor at the Vertigo restaurant / Moon bar. The view is quite incredible and even if the food is not awe inspiring it is still high gastronomy and a nice experience. You have a 360 degrees view of the city at a height of about 235m (770 ft). So you really are “overlooking” the city.

Disclaimer: No exact height can be found for the Banyan Tree so I took the information from the Lebua State Tower which has the Sirocco restaurant and Sky bar on the 64th floor, at 247m (820 ft) (3rd highest in Bangkok) and just extrapolated.

Naturally, the vue from Lebua must be something too

Other skybars are listed here. https://thejaiyencountry.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/5-best-skybars-in-bangkok/

Pictures from November 2016

post-15962-0-03348000-1516075626_thumb.jpg

post-15962-0-82720000-1516076164_thumb.jpg

I have been to both Lebua sky bar and Banyan Trees Moon bar just for drinking, no dining.

I took a couple of Tawan boys with me and they were busy taking selfies than drinking.lol

While the view from Lebua is truely spectacular the place is so crowded with many tourists I much preferred the experience at Banyan Tree’s moon bar. As with all those 5 star hotel bars, they had ‘no shorts’ dress code and one of boys had to wear a black loose long trousers provided by the hotel. lol

PS I just opened attached article of the 5 best roof top bars, I’ve also been to Marriot’s Octave- very casual, no dress code and Cloud 47 which was conveniently located on Silom Road I believe is now closed permanently.

I'd never do that unless wine was local Thai because I'm strong believer and practiser of rule that visitors  should support their hosts by consuming local products whenever possible. Like ancient Romans said " when in Rome, use only Roman condoms"

I am guessing that you don't enjoy wine? The local stuff is terrible.