calluna15

Two guys is closing

For those interested Two Guys guesthouse is closing as of tommorow

Feb. 8th. It came on short notice to many including aek the manager.

The owner did not renew the lease ect. I do not know the whole story.

New owners are not gay friendly. Let's just say it will be more in line

With what is the norm on that soi now if you get my meaning.

I was paid up until March 10th. But have gone to a nearby condo.

Aek made sure my transition went smoothly.Aek deserves praise for his

Handling of a difficult situation. The long-standing cleaning lady

Is now out of a job. Aek is very professional and hope he can move on

Quickly to a new venture. A Thai lady is the one who sold both kingfisher and the twoguys building. Mabye someone can elaborate more.

OMG , another obituary. It looks that there' s simply not enough gay custom  in the Sunee area to support all those businesses, hence closures and "straight" conversions.

Every time I read on those forums posters proclamations about not patronizing bars any more and  not staying in known gay friendly hotels , whatever reason is mentioned it reads as another end is near.

Reasons are many , some objective like fans getting older and less mobile and affluent  or finding other places with more fun- Jomtien seems to be getting better and better  , other subjective like complacency and greed  of owners as well as BiB strangling slowly  their golden goose  but all boils down to fact that with every passing year there's less and less to be in and do in that area. 

It seems the gay scene is fading in Pattaya I remember the early 2000's when there was 4 main vibrant gay zones : Jomtien, Day night,Sunee and Boyz Town all pack with many attractive boys eager to please all was so cheap and fun now Day night long disappeared, Sunee is dying ,Boyz Town is still fun but not many clients as used to be .

very sad.

It seems the gay scene is fading in Pattaya I remember the early 2000's when there was 4 main vibrant gay zones 

even best memories are not substitute for current patronage, clearly gay masses found another sources of joy, aged or got scarred of police and do-gooders vigilance.

Only way of helping our cherished places and boys is actually patronage. 

No reason to be coy.

The 2 guys soi caters almost exclusively to the Arabs. I never heard of problems but for many older gay men

this location was far from ideal. Many loved the place, returning again and again from way back when Monty ran it.

A large group of gay farangs will have to find a new place to breakfast.

OMG , another obituary. It looks that there' s simply not enough gay custom  in the Sunee area to support all those businesses, hence closures and "straight" conversions.

I see nothing in the original post, or any of the other posts I have seen on the other forums, to support the idea that the actual building owner (as distinct from the lessee) is in any way interested in the level of gay custom, or lack of, for the current tenant's business - other posts suggest the building and the one next door have been sold to developers with no indication at all that the current guesthouse lessee is unable to meet his monthly rental commitments or is unwilling to renew his lease or has even been offered a more expensive lease that has been rejected

it is obvious that for many building owners, including for example in Soi Twilight in Bangkok and possibly soon Ms Sunee herself, the time has come to cash in and sell out to developers

while I am willing to concede building owners may see declining gay interest in their properties by the far bigger threat is the money developers are willing to offer to "take paradise and put up [yet another] parking lot" with attached multi-story multi-function apartment/hotel/shopping complex

bkkguy

Guest frequentflier

It seems the gay scene is fading in Pattaya I remember the early 2000's when there was 4 main vibrant gay zones : Jomtien, Day night,Sunee and Boyz Town all pack with many attractive boys eager to please all was so cheap and fun now Day night long disappeared, Sunee is dying ,Boyz Town is still fun but not many clients as used to be .

very sad.

I dont ever remember Day Night to be vibrant it just didnt take off.As for Sunee in the early 2000s it was a hell hole of illegal activity.

Jomtien complex is booming and Boyztown is busy.Panorama is celebrating 20yrs in business.I noticed Cafe Royale is closed but will probably reopen again.

I dont ever remember Day Night to be vibrant it just didnt take off.As for Sunee in the early 2000s it was a hell hole of illegal activity.

Jomtien complex is booming and Boyztown is busy.Panorama is celebrating 20yrs in business.I noticed Cafe Royale is closed but will probably reopen again.

The Day Night had a very short lifespan but I remember the Belgium who had a vision to challenge BT. He purchased the old Playboy remodeled it and the hotel next door and had a group of businesses with the "Jolly" boys theme. When he had problems with the law the entire area suffered. Their was Lek Boys (late the Bird Cage), World Boys, the original Funny Boys I just to name a few. With Soi Twilight in Bangkok soon to become a distant also, I don't envision the Pattaya gay bar scene finding new legs because of it.