CurtisD

Dispatch from Bangkok

Thanks for taking the time to write your posts.

I have really enjoyed both your style of writing and the information in them.

I have been with my Thai partner for ten years and he loves good food and nice restaurants.

Because we live in Isaan and he knows when we visit Bangkok or Pattaya I like to eat western food, it is the western restaurants we tend to visit.

He will shortly be 35 so he is quite a bit older than Bangkok guy which perhaps gives him more confidence as I have never noticed him being intimidated or uncomfortable.

He is also a very good cook and when we go to mid range thai restaurants will say he could cook the same or better (which he could), however next time we are in Bangkok I will treat him to dinner at Baan Suriyasai and see what he thinks.

Thanks again for your posts

Thanks for taking the time to write your posts.

I have really enjoyed both your style of writing and the information in them.

I have been with my Thai partner for ten years and he loves good food and nice restaurants.

Because we live in Isaan and he knows when we visit Bangkok or Pattaya I like to eat western food, it is the western restaurants we tend to visit.

He will shortly be 35 so he is quite a bit older than Bangkok guy which perhaps gives him more confidence as I have never noticed him being intimidated or uncomfortable.

He is also a very good cook and when we go to mid range thai restaurants will say he could cook the same or better (which he could), however next time we are in Bangkok I will treat him to dinner at Baan Suriyasai and see what he thinks.

Thanks again for your posts

While I think you are very lucky to have a good Thai cook as a partner, I can see why a change of pace to Western food will appeal and the Western restaurants are good. 

Given how confident and outgoing Bangkok Guy is I still do not really understand his reaction to that particular group. It was a group of older couples, older than most people we had seen out dining and possibly wealthier as I think they matched up with a clutch of Bentleys in restaurant's courtyard.