reader

'We are social animals'

From Channel News Asia

Hong Kong residents flout COVID-19 rules to throng popular sites

HONG KONG: People in Hong Kong thronged beaches, ferries and outlying islands on Sunday (Apr 12), many of them violating a ban on gatherings of more than four people aimed at containing the spread of the new coronavirus.

Clear blue skies lured people to popular areas across the territory over the long Easter weekend and many of them were without surgical masks. People in the city of 7.4 million have made a point of wearing masks in the past months.

"We always stay at home and it is quite boring," said Banny Mak, 24, a local resident.

"We are social animal(s), we need to go out for some fun. I think with proper protection (for) ourselves and to protect other people. I think it is already ok to go out."

Hong Kong has recorded 1,005 cases of COVID-19, which has killed four people in the city.

It banned public gatherings of more than four people for 14 days from Mar 29, after recording the biggest daily increase in new COVID-19 infections, and later extended that restriction until Apr 23.

Continues at

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/hong-kong-residents-rules-covid-19-popular-sites-12635444

And the longer that the lockdown continues in various countries the greater the chance that we will see similar mass 'rebellions'

Trouble is the lockdowns are demonstratably making awful situations far less awful than they might otherwise have been - but it  will be an increasingly hard message to sell to bored and frustrated families as the weeks continue. 

A recent article in Scientific American:

The Loneliness of the “Social Distancer” Triggers Brain Cravings Akin to Hunger --
A study on isolation’s neural underpinnings implies many may feel literally “starved” for contact amid the COVID-19 pandemic"

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-loneliness-of-the-social-distancer-triggers-brain-cravings-akin-to-hunger/

I was wondering if Covid can be passed if both parties are in a shower, with warm water, and lots of soap?  :) just curious

I think most of us are social animals. Sometimes the need to survive overcomes the need to be social. Plus, I am pretty social on Facetime, Skype and Zoom. It is not as good as the real thing, but we were able to play a few games last week with friends on 3 continents.

6 hours ago, Michael said:

I was wondering if Covid can be passed if both parties are in a shower, with warm water, and lots of soap?  :) just curious

If both parties are breathing, I would bet large sums of money on Covid transmission being possible. 

If using a glory hole and a condom, perhaps the odds improve.