khaolakguy

Accuracy

Are the owners of this site ever going to correct the misleading information in the City Files regarding Phuket. I first pointed out these glaring and laughable errors six months ago, eg "The Doormen at Flying Handbag", but it has no doors, let alone doormen!

I don't understand. If it has no doors, how do people go in and out?

Guest Hedda

Speaking of accuracy, how's this for Pattaya :

"If sultry beaches and beautiful water is your bag, then Pattaya is a must see for any visitor of Thailand or the region."

There hasn't been beautiful water on Pattaya's beaches for the past 25 years, and it's getting worse.

As for sultry beaches, ,Sardine beaches might make sense, the way the cement walks and beach chairs have been jammed into Jomtien beach for the past five years.

The real question is whether the yellow brick road is going to survive one more rainy season without disintegrating into rubble. There's nothing sultry about a beach that is permanently sandbagged to stop it from washing away after every heavy rain.

Guest mauRICE

Speaking of accuracy, how's this for Pattaya :

"If sultry beaches and beautiful water is your bag, then Pattaya is a must see for any visitor of Thailand or the region."

There hasn't been beautiful water on Pattaya's beaches for the past 25 years, and it's getting worse.

As for sultry beaches, ,Sardine beaches might make sense, the way the cement walks and beach chairs have been jammed into Jomtien beach for the past five years.

But Hedda dear, you omitted to mention that Jomtien Beach has something that few others have - the white whale.

And those Isaarn boys and gals do love their caviar. It goes well with sticky rice, I hear. :p

Guest Hedda

I hope that the guys who want to complain about everything are not going to change this forum into another "Sawatdee"!

I do too, dear, but I imagine that the owners of this site could hang enough garlic on the home page to prevent that.

Hedda, my dear, Garlic would just make the smell more Italian than Thai. I do love Italian myself but not sure how much garlic would help keep the unwanted away. We seem to be doing a pretty good job of not having the interest of those undesireables. Perhaps, they have another forum and that is all they need. I say,