Guest BewareofNick

CLOVERFIELD

Guest BewareofNick

So, has anyone else seen this yet?

I must confess that I wasn't quite sure what to think of it when it was over.

It struck me as part Godzilla and part Blair Witch Project with a little bit of Aliens thrown in.

There were parts of the movie that absolutely scared the crap out of me.

I was a little disappointed that the monster was NOT Godzilla, but it was creepy enough in its own right.

What did you think?

Guest BewareofNick
"There were parts of the movie that absolutely scared the crap out of me."

I hope that you left the seat clean!

Are you kidding? Those theatre workers need to EARN that $5.50/hr!!

Guest Stephan
This is just not my type of movie and I have no intention to see it. I didn't see Blair Witch and I don't intend to see this. When there are high quality films out there like Rambo to see, who would want to see this crap? ;)

Whatever rocks your world honey ^_^ If Rambo and its testosterone Muscle just do it for , I totally understand why you wouldn't want to see something else.... ;)

Guest BewareofNick
Whatever rocks your world honey ^_^ If Rambo and its testosterone Muscle just do it for , I totally understand why you wouldn't want to see something else.... ;)

Apparently enough people liked it that they are already talking Cloverfield 2!

Guest LeoWalker

Personally, I found myself becoming restless at the beginning of the movie. I was wondering how long the plot/character development needed to last. Very similar to Alien vs Predator: Requiem. I didn't need to know that much about the people to watch them die. :rolleyes:

Overall, I really didn't know what to expect but had an idea it would be similar to Blair Witch (which I've never seen, but understand it was done with a home video camera by a small group). I was really shocked when I saw some of the sets. The graphics were also impressive, when dealing with objects and bridges coming to destruction. I was not impressed with the large monster. The little, things, were done well enough. I found myself having problems believing that so much money was spent on a film with the concept of videography used. I've made jokes with some people: "Take six: come on, shake the camera more. No, not like that. Just fling it around. Good." I don't know if to credit the creators or not in capturing their concept--which they did well. But I don't know how difficult of a concept it is to capture. I have very mixed feelings on the film. Not something I'd suggest...but I suppose in some way I should appreciate the difference it makes from most other films?

In general, I've been pretty disappointed by most films lately. I guess this is what happens when I switch cities every week and transfer my Blockbuster Online subscription with me. Watching too many movies makes me desensitized to appreciate simplistic films.

I didn't like it.

The camera work was just silly to me. I understand the desire for realism, but a lot of the time you couldn't see anything on the screen as the camera was pointed the floor, or was spinning around so fast you'd get sick if you watched the screen.

The characters also annoyed me, so I was kinda disappointed when they all didn't get eaten.