TotallyOz

Do Movies Make you Cry?

As men, we are often told not to cry. Or, if we have really special people in our lives to "let it all out."

I remember as a child going to see King Kong. It was my first PG movie. My sister and I went together. I came out sobbing and was sad all night. I told my mother, "I don't ever want to see a PG movie again."

As an adult, I find I do tear up in movies. Some just bring me a slight mist and some make me cry. The Green Mile was on that really made me cry. When the main character was going to be covered with the mask and said he was afraid of the dark, I just sobbed.

Are there any movies that make you cry?

Guest tomcal

There is one movie that no matter how many times I have seen it, it makes me tear up and I'am not a cryer! lol It is "Brian's Song" starring James Caan and Billy Dee Williams. 1971..(I was very young!) Here is the summary from Wikipedia:

Brian's Song is a 1971 ABC Movie of the Week that recounts the details of the life of Brian Piccolo (played by James Caan), a white football player stricken with terminal cancer, and his friendship with Chicago Bears running back teammate and Pro Football Hall of Famer Gale Sayers (Billy Dee Williams), who helps him through the difficult struggle. The production was such a success on ABC television (November 30, 1971) that it was later shown in theaters,[2] with a major premiere in Chicago; however, it was soon withdrawn due to a lack of business.[1] Some critics have called the movie among the finest telefilms ever made.[1][3]

• Members

Something about movies, the ones that suck me in (which most do, when I see them the first time in-theater) can make me tear up amazingly easily. Doozies I can remember: Schindler's List of course, more recently Pixar's Up, and speaking of amazing animated movies, next time you're on Netflix add 'Grave of the Fireflies' to your list. It's a masterwork from studio Ghibli in Japan, Ebert has it as one of the best 100 movies of all time.

• Members

I can some times get a little misty eyed but I don't think I ever really broke down into a balling cry.

The last movie I can remember getting misty eyed watching was the Blind Side. I did the same thing again when I saw it the second time on DVD. Cool Movie and Sandra Bullock did deserve the award she got for the part she played.

• Members

The final scene of "Longtime Companion."

I recently watched this movie again, and, unlike the first time I saw it, I didn't even get misty eyed. The ending did not carry the same emotional wallop it did the first time. Maybe it was just that I knew it was coming.

Guest FourAces

There are a several films that always get me crying. For some reason At Home At The End of The World is one of those films. I don't want to say too much cause it does have interesting twists in it. Has anybody else seen it? You can watch a trailer here.