Guest letmetellu

GET READY ITS COMING?

Guest letmetellu

You have tried the rest, NOW GET READY FOR THE BEST, ITS SOON GOING TO BE HERE THIS MONTH

Your be Amazed and Excited

Millions Spent on it, Months in the making.....................................The Very Best in Pattaya so far

You have tried the rest, NOW GET READY FOR THE BEST, ITS SOON GOING TO BE HERE THIS MONTH

Your be Amazed and Excited

Millions Spent on it, Months in the making.....................................The Very Best in Pattaya so far

I've got it! It will be a 'letmetellu' posting in which all of the spelling, grammar, and punctuation will be correct and the posting will be coherent.

I've got it! It will be a 'letmetellu' posting in which all of the spelling, grammar, and punctuation will be correct and the posting will be coherent.

It cant be that. That would be more than amazing :)

john

Guest catawampuscat

Please, future English teacher, edit your message:

YOU WILL BE AMAZED or

YOU'LL BE AMAZED but one cannot write YOUR !!

When you scream, at least write as well as a second grader in an American public school.. I know you cannot be shamed and couldn't care less, but your writing is so poor, so pathetic that you

make a fool out of yourself every time , unless you paste and cut..

This is not catty but honest criticism if you ever want to be taken seriously..I am sure you will take it as an attack but really, your writing is that of an illiterate person and perhaps you never had the opportunity to attend school because of some problem but still you must have a friend who is literate and can help you post properly and not foolishly...

You will never be taken seriously when you write like an illiterate and that is the truth... :blink::blink:

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

(yawn)

Here we go again. More of the same. Maybe this board should be renamed GayThailand.com's Sawatdee Forum...?

The Rose

This is not catty but honest criticism if you ever want to be taken seriously..I am sure you will take it as an attack but really, your writing is that of an illiterate person and perhaps you never had the opportunity to attend school because of some problem but still you must have a friend who is literate and can help you post properly and not foolishly...

You will never be taken seriously when you write like an illiterate and that is the truth... :blink::blink:

"Those who'll play with cats must expect to be scratched." --Cervantes

Not wanting a scratching myself, but the feud between posters from other boards should be left on the other board. We are not interested in the pissing contests and clawing here. While you may say that I am defending LMTU because I personally know him and like him, I am not defending him for that reason. He has been told countless times that his writing style is not up to graduate level marks. His speech shows that he is intelligent. Apparently, he does not care about his writing style or he just does this to piss you off and he posts other thoughts under a different moniker.

In any case, since the feud with the Hatfields and the McCoys was left to a time past and a land far way, can you two do the same? Please. :)

As for me, I will start removing nasty comments from all posters. Read the Message Center policies below. They will be enforced.

Par of these policies state:

"Code of Conduct:

Gay Thailand membership is restricted to Adults Only. That Message Center members shall be expected to behave as adults is not an undue burden. The expected conduct standard for the Gay Thailand forums is the same as that observed everyday in society by adults in our neighborhoods, towns, and cities. It is based on straightforward mature behavior, civility and courtesy that you find in a neighborhood Pub or Tavern where neighbors and acquaintances joined by occasional strangers come together to socialize in good temper, to share conversation, and to hoist, in moderation, a glass of favorite beer or wine or a cup of coffee or tea.

These forums are NOT presented for abusive arguing and name calling, score settling, thread stalking, or general cyberspace blood sport for the chronically bored.

As in any Pub or Tavern, an egregiously abusive or chronically problematic customer (member) shall be banned from further post participation.

In all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes egregiously abusive conduct or when a member has crossed the line of

Apparently, he does not care about his writing style or he just does this to piss you off

and we are supposed to be impressed with either of these attitudes?

if he does not care about his behavior why should we welcome him in our midst? and surely repeatedly doing something "just to piss people off" is an unacceptable way to behave in any reasonable community!

given that LMTU's conduct is obviously "egregiously abusive or chronically problematic" I assume he will be banned in accordance with the Code of Conduct

bkkguy

and we are supposed to be impressed with either of these attitudes?

given that LMTU's conduct is obviously "egregiously abusive or chronically problematic" I assume he will be banned in accordance with the Code of Conduct

bkkguy

Thank you for the post bkkguy! I don't think most posters should impress anyone. It is an online community and we are fairly new. First impressions are good but to impress me, you have to be very consistent and reliable. I have a few that impress me: gaybutton, hedda and those that raise the bar to a different level of communication. I have some people that post sometimes but that I know personally that impress me: gaypattayan, rainwalker, sunny etc. I don't think the object of many posters is to impress someone. Most come for the information and the free flow of that information. When I find out about a new bar or a new event I share it with others. I wish all would do the same. That would make this board an amazingly informative place.

As for your second comment: In all instances, Gay Thailand management shall be the final arbiter of what constitutes egregiously abusive conduct or when a member has crossed the line of

Guest catawampuscat

I wll respect the wishes of the moderators.. I have asked for more moderation on the other

forum and received a storm of silence in response..I am getting exactly what I asked for..

I must add thou, that this forum is a written form of communication and while our moderator has no problems with lmtu's speaking English , most of us have a hard time with his written English.

It actually hurts to read and it is impossible for me to respect someone who writes so poorly and makes no effort to improve..If it is done to irk posters, he is doing a great job but how can an adult

native speaker of a language not be ashamed to write like an illiterate.. This is the last I will write on this matter and have no problem if this is deleted for the sake of the forum but I can't leave it without putting my two baht in..

:p:p

Come on guys, He is just too exited.

When I am exited or happy about something, I tend to write too fast and I click that " Submit " buttom really fast.

Well I would do the same when I am pissed off :blink:

Anyway.... I can read his post easily as any other post.

Now if you are an English teacher, it must drive you nuts in fact, to read some of the post here but hey, nobody's perfect.

If what you tried to explain got through the audience, that's what matters right ?

Guest wowpow

Charm personified - Mr Stef.

LMTU calls me a spelling snob. He is right. He does manage to communicate well despite the lack of erudition well. as well as he would if he was a master grammarian.

This post seems to be I have a secret but I'm not allowed to tell - post. He must be bursting to broadcast whatever titbit it be.

Poll suggestions:

Sansuk Sauna

Lava Bar

Manhattan Restaurant

Anyway.... I can read his post easily as any other post.

Now if you are an English teacher, it must drive you nuts in fact, to read some of the post here but hey, nobody's perfect.

If what you tried to explain got through the audience, that's what matters right ?

The problem is that us non native english-speaking people simply DO NOT understand most of what he wants us to know :( ... And that is a pity because his post are generally informative and useful especially for those who are not in Thailand now ...

Guest ToyFan

I'll admit, I only met LMTU once but he was charming and his stunning young friend seemed quite happy and, unlike the Thai friends of so many other westerners I've met, was not afraid to speak with other farang while in LMTU's company.

The problem is that us non native english-speaking people simply DO NOT understand most of what he wants us to know :( ... And that is a pity because his post are generally informative and useful especially for those who are not in Thailand now ...

That's my case. I am non native english-speaking but I do give my best to try understanding people. I just pay attention more than Native - English speaking would.

I understand your point and I am not saying I don't agree with what you say. At all.

I have in fact have to read twice some of the post that are posted here in this message board to fully understand the meanings

PS : I am still looking for the option of " Spell Check" that might help this problem.

My last request to the customer support about the spell check, just vanished out of the blue. Don't know where it went. So I have to resubmit my request.

I have looked into the spell check in the admin section but I could not find anything.

I have looked into the spell check in the admin section but I could not find anything.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. This message board does not have a spell checker. So what? All anyone needs to do is write what he intends to post into a word processor first. Most decent word processors do have spell checkers and grammar checkers. Once the post is written and after the spelling, grammar, and punctuation has been checked, then simply copy the post and paste it into the message box.

That seems simple enough to me. If people were consistently complaining that my posts were difficult to understand because of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, then that's exactly what I would do. What's the point of posting a message when people keep saying they don't understand what you write? In my opinion, it is not only the responsibility of the poster to remain within the posting rules, but it is also the responsibility of the poster to at least try to make sure his post is understandable.

Guest letmetellu

I don't understand what all the fuss is about. This message board does not have a spell checker. So what? All anyone needs to do is write what he intends to post into a word processor first. Most decent word processors do have spell checkers and grammar checkers. Once the post is written and after the spelling, grammar, and punctuation has been checked, then simply copy the post and paste it into the message box.

That seems simple enough to me. If people were consistently complaining that my posts were difficult to understand because of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors, then that's exactly what I would do. What's the point of posting a message when people keep saying they don't understand what you write? In my opinion, it is not only the responsibility of the poster to remain within the posting rules, but it is also the responsibility of the poster to at least try to make sure his post is understandable.

No Mr GB they are not complaining about my posts being unreadable, only that my pet hydra is in his warped mental jealousy period again, I would not worry to much, he has followed me here with his multi Hydra names, now that is another subject, just look who complains its all the same names every time.

Guest letmetellu

"Millions Spent on it, Months in the making....................................."

His hair color !

Now Now Hedda you know Orange is your favorite color, at least I have some hair. :lol:

post-3772-1156109540_thumb.jpg

Guest mauRICE

...that this forum is a written form of communication and while our moderator has no problems with lmtu's speaking English , most of us have a hard time with his written English.

Spoken English, surely.

Guest mauRICE

When I am exited or happy about something, I tend to write too fast and I click that " Submit " buttom really fast.

Oh dear. I hope this little malaise of yours doesn't extend to the...what do the French call it - boudoir?

No Mr GB they are not complaining about my posts being unreadable, only that my pet hydra is in his warped mental jealousy period again, I would not worry to much, he has followed me here with his multi Hydra names, now that is another subject, just look who complains its all the same names every time.

I wasn't referring specifically to your posts. There are others who hit the submit button too quickly before they proofread their post. Few seem to go back and edit their post when mistakes are discovered. In your case, I too often find it very difficult to follow what you are trying to say and I do think it would be helpful if you would run your postings through a word processor first.

I have definitely noticed a group of posters that attempt to flame every one of your posts. I would like to see that stop. The flames seem to stem from personal animosity rather than the content of the post itself. I don't think such flames are appropriate on this, or any other message board. Whether people like you or your posts is irrelevant. You have just as much right to post here as they do. If people don't like your posts, then they don't have to read them. If they disagree with what you write, then they should explain their disagreement rather than post flames and snide remarks.

For that reason I hope Gaythailand follows through with what he said and will start getting rid of the flame posts and, if necessary, those who post them. We've all seen what happens when people like that take over message boards and nothing is done to stop them. I hope it won't end up happening here too.

I don't think most posters should impress anyone.

I don't need to be impressed by a post (or a poster) to read it, but I certainly don't see why we should be expected to put up with the (unimpressive) attitude displayed by LMTU

IMHO bad grammar is not "abusive" or "problematic."

I never said it was - the issue is not grammar but actions and intentions

In your post that I quoted you said LMTU "does not care" or he "does this to piss you off " and my point was either of these two attitudes are "abusive" or "problematic" - deliberately posting comments just to "piss people off" is the classic action of a troll and is unacceptable in every other online community I have been involved with and I am just surprised it is not here!

bkkguy

Before somone starts applying The Patriot Act to the posting rules here, me thinks it's all a big mountain from a little molehill.

LMTU has as much a right to post here as you or me, which is no right at all, if the owner decides otherwise. But we are all legitimate targets for criticism when we act more like clowns or clones than serious contributors to the discussion.

In my opinion, it's not unreasonable to ask that posters for whom English appears to be native, to try to meet certain minimum standards for composition. After all, even the best of messages can get lost in the trash when delivered by the worst of messengers.

When posters don't meet minimum standards for written English because they appear to be simply too lazy or indifferent to care what they post, they should expect to be criticized and even flamed for their behavior.

I haven't seen anything on this board to date that would invite moderator intervention, which can often be a cure that's far worse then the disease being treated.