Guest JSONE

Daddy's Site Dead

Guest epigonos

My understanding is that he was in the hospital for nearly two weeks with a blood infection. Upon returning returning home he found that the main served had died and the back up one wasn't working all that well. Before the complete collapse of both servers he stated that he expected to have everything up and running again by August 3rd. I can't imagine that he will allow the site to die but at this point we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 3rd.

• Members

My understanding is that he was in the hospital for nearly two weeks with a blood infection. Upon returning returning home he found that the main served had died and the back up one wasn't working all that well. Before the complete collapse of both servers he stated that he expected to have everything up and running again by August 3rd. I can't imagine that he will allow the site to die but at this point we will just have to wait and see what happens on the 3rd.

Yes, as one who finds himself at the site on an almost daily basis {...guess I'm addicted but hope not], I read "Daddy's" message to his readers and participants, sent him some "speedy recovery sentiments," and patiently await for his tech systems to be reactivated!

Guest ButtWilde

Blood infections are one of the worst medical emergencies anyone can have. They are so very tricky and technical to manage or even resolve.

The problem with a one man pony show is that if the pony goes down he takes the whole stable with him.

BUT, better to have the stable burn to the ground than to leave it in the hands of deej. :yes:

Guest JSONE

It is good to know that the site will return. If Daddy is down on his luck, I am sure that he will have tons that are willing to help him out.

BUT, better to have the stable burn to the ground than to leave it in the hands of deej. :yes:

I have never had an issue with deej. But, I am not an active poster. I am sure that deej could run the site as well as daddy if needed. You are right, there should have been a contingency plan in place. Poor planning on his part.

Guest StevenDraker

Another anonymous 'Butt' who has an ax to grind ... :pirate: :ninja:

Daddy's site is not dead, nor burnt to the ground.

Give it a few days and everything will be back up and running. Patience, folks.

• Members

Blood infections are one of the worst medical emergencies anyone can have. They are so very tricky and technical to manage or even resolve.

The problem with a one man pony show is that if the pony goes down he takes the whole stable with him.

deej is nothing more than an egocentric "organ grinders monkey".....

RP05422.jpg

• Members

Another anonymous 'Butt' who has an ax to grind ... :pirate: :ninja:

Give it a few days and everything will be back up and running. Patience, folks.

Did you write Daddy a big Fat check to save his ass ? Oh, I should know you have a connection to the "inner circle".

Just because people have negative things to say, doesnt mean they have an ax to grind. Just maybe their interactions with Daddy

were not as stellar as yours, or their experiences as pleasurable. Or maybe they werent treated nicely by Daddy or his minions ?

For a person that constantly calls people out for being "judgemental", you are one of the most judgemental people around.

Just as you run your mouth and speak your piece about everything, you need to let others do the same without making your Snarky comments. You pulled that shit over there, and now you bring it here. Draker, you are a disappointment.

Guest epigonos

Isn't it interesting how many of us react differently to the same person. I have participated on Daddy's since the time when Hooboy was alive and running the site. Not once in all of those years have I had a problem with Deej. To me, at least, he has ALWAYS been professional, polite, and helpful.

Guest StevenDraker

Give it a few days and everything will be back up and running.

Patience, folks.

:smile::smile::smile:

Having run many websites over 20 years I can tell you that sometimes shit happens and not much you can do about it. I learned way back to make sure we had a backup and it could be resolved to solve any issues with servers. That costs a bit more than a typical server but in the end, I found it invaluable. Most servers offer backups and Daddy should be able to request a restore from his. If the back up is corrupted, that is another issue. But, if it was being backed up from the hosting company, they should resolve this for him.

A great deal about service depends on your provider. I use to go cheap to save money but there were tons of issues. For over 10 years now, I have had the most expensive hosting company in USA. The reason is service. They have fanatical support and will put you in touch with a level 2 tech 24 hours a day when I call. Yes, a bit overkill for some but for me, it took away a great many headaches and stress.

Now, I am not saying this is what Daddy should have done. I am only say that for those of you out there that see his issues, you must know this happens and if you plan ahead and get a good hosting company, you won't go through what Daddy is going through right now. I have done it in the past and do not wish to ever do it again.