Guest Driver

December 2014 Brasil trip

Well my once in a lifetime Brasil summer trip approaches. Two weeks in Rio, two nights in Porto Alegre and one night in Sao Paulo. I will get to try Lagoa for one night which is nice.

The apartment was expensive so I guess this will be my only Brasilian summer trip. I don't expect i will post daily reports, keeping postings to observations as to what has changed since last September.

The R$ has reached 4.3 to the £ but sunk back a bit, how low will it go i wonder?

Well I have arrived. There were 9 immigration desks open which helped as I was at the back of the queue.

The taxi driver put his meter on when I asked him "cobrança no taximetro" as posted by someone here. (Charging on the meter I guess)

I was concerned about landing Christmas day but. It was a needless concern. The taxi queue went down quickly. It was R$62 to far end of copacobana, I gave him R$70 as I was grateful he worked Christmas dAy. T he taxi driver is always the first indication of how shit my Portuguese is.

• Members

One reason the fare was higher than normal is that the taxis charge Bandeira Dois/Flag Two for holidays, Saturday afternoons, Sundays and later in the evenings. Also the entire month of December is their 13th month/vacation pay for them.

• Members

Maybe I did not notice in previous trips, but now, the taxis can charge the bags of big dimensions as long as it is loaded by taxi driver. It is still reasonable : $R2 for one bag. I also experienced in December the taxi not spontaneously putting the meter on, but putting it on when asked to do so.

Táxi Convencional:

Bandeirada - R$ 4,80.

quilometragem (tarifa I) - R$1,95 (de segunda a sábado, das 6h às 21h)

Quiilometragem (tarifa II) - R$ 2,34 (de segunda-feira a sábado, das 21h às 6h, e, nos domingos e feriados, o dia inteiro.

A SMTR autoriza a cobrança na tarifa 2 das corridas com destino a áreas de ladeiras íngremes, sem discriminação horária.

Hora Parada ou de espera - R$ 24,57 (valor de referência para base de cálculo da hora parada aferida pelo taxímetro)

Transporte de volumes com dimensões de 60 centímetros por 30 centímetros, R$ 1,95, por volume, desde que a bagagem seja manuseada pelo motorista.

Meio Mundo was busy 26th Friday night but mainly clients. The later it got, the more clients came in and the fewer boys there were there.

I met ihpguy and we chatted for a while. 117 the next night was very packed, a party with the staff all performing various (mainly drag mime) acts. I had a professional massage (R$80) the woman at the desk went to great pains to explain I would still pay the charge if I did not keep my appointment. When the masseur was 35 minutes late I had a moan.

I was less impressed with 117, it is becoming full of boys with muscles mainly. There was maybe two I saw that I fancied that night.

I was less impressed with 117, it is becoming full of boys with muscles mainly. There was maybe two I saw that I fancied that night.

Up until 2 years ago Pointe was the "muscle boy sauna", but 117 definitely holds that title now. but you usually can find a couple cute non steroid guys there. I met the one below there this past year.

post-119356-0-78632200-1419807000_thumb.

post-119356-0-77392600-1419807004_thumb.

Last night meio mundo was absolutely rammed full of people. It was too busy and far too hot. The air conditioning gave up hours earlier.

Ihpguy pointed out a guy called Marcos, I went with him later and it was a great program. His body pics are posted here by ihpguy somewhere. He did what he said he would, did it well and for the R$80 I stated up front. He came willingly and had no intention of doing any other client that night. I tipped him well and we had drinks and food later. If I ever see him again in a sauna, I would do him again in an instant.

He lives in Sao paulo but has a brother in copacobana. Sadly he returns Sunday but maybe I may see him in Lagoa in just over a weeks time.

I forgot to mention we waited 20 minutes for a quarto. I later found out that one American booked a room for the entire night and another American bribed the guy giving out the rooms so that he could jump the queue.

• Members

Glad I didn't steer you wrong. And for anyone reading this, Marcos is from Campinas and told me that the sauna Germania has rentboys. I was a bit surprised in that no one on this board had mentioned this. Campinas had a couple of great neighborhoods and much more manageable size-wise than Sao Paulo.

• Members

LOL. On the beach in front of the house. Live music and partying in the sand until 3:30AM. Only once among the multitudes in Copacaban, this year estimated at 2.5 million, doesn't hold much attraction.

Guest Driver

Well yesterday only Point 202 was open. (15:00-20:00). Junior (the owner or part owner) greeted people arriving personally.

Being open such a short amount of time focuses the minds of everyone there to do their business sooner rather than later. It was reasonably busy but when you consider it was the only sauna open that day perhaps it could have been busier. Sadly although it initially looks quite tidy when you pay close attention you can see the maintenance work that is not being done.

In the room that I used, there were two used condoms in the bathroom. I only used one condom and I'm not convinced mine was one of those. The mirror in the room was badly cracked, and when you flushed the toilets there was water coming out at the bottom between the seal of the toilet and the floor.

Junior had his own table with his small clique of boys. They had a bottle of vodka and plenty of redbull. I would later find out from the Barman that that was their second bottle of vodka they had got through.

I spent New Year's Eve on the beach and watched the fireworks at the Seas edge. I later read that there was 2 1/2 million people in Copacabana for the fireworks but it never felt too overcrowded. I had doubts about a peak visit to Rio but the fireworks and the beach party was a once-in-a-lifetime event for me so with hindsight I am really glad I did it.

• Members

Like Mardi-Gras in New Orleans (and elsewhere), one should experience it at least once. Thanks for these reports.

Happy New Year to all.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest Driver

Friday night and mezzininu (spelling?) was quiet. Never more than 20 boys and probably 15 clients.

Tomorrow is a party night with five strippers and some sort of act (I could not translate poster).

Bar mixx is busy at 22:30 - at least two sauna guys have come here.

Guest Driver

The wifi no longer works downstairs at Mezzininu but it's still available upstairs. A law was passed since my last visit which prohibits smoking in these buildings. It is strictly observed in 117 and Meio Mundo but not upstairs at Mezzininu. Given one of the local police inspectors is a frequent visitor I guess they have no worries.