MsAnn

Which domestic airports have the best food?...

• Members

mvan1's thread on ordering the sandwich at O'Hare while still on board, got me thinking.

I liked San Fran, and Dallas wasn't bad, but curious about others, and right from the git-go let's not mention LA...

• Members

In many ways, airline terminal food is like hotel food. They all have it but most of it isn't very good. Both places often have "captive" customers who will eat most anything when they become hungry enough. However, I have had the occasional good meal at a hotel and ditto at an airport.

OKC used to have a really good bean soup. HPN had a French Onion soup that was outstanding, especially on those cold winter days.

Most of the really tasty food at airports is served at airports that do not have airline service. They depend upon small aircraft making a positive decision to fly in there for the food and local customers. They serve decent to good food or go out of business.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

San Francisco is my favorite. Especially the Boudin Sourdough Bread/Sandwich store in the United Terminal. Order the Italian with double meat and balsamic dressing. They cut it in half and I ask them to wrap each half separately so I can stretch it into 2 meals. It's right next to the Asian Cafe with Dim Sum, another good choice.

• Members

Salt Lake City (my 1st home) has updated their food courts in the past year. I'm really impressed with the change. They've done away with a lot of the national chains and now offer more "local" options. These are places I ususally go to when not at the airport.

I also like the choices at Portland (my 2nd home). They've recently ehanced their selections with "food carts" which is a local food attraction.

Probably the worst airport food I've seen is San Diego (my 3rd home). One of the food places I frequent 2-3 times per month, changed their menu, raised their prices, but did not UPDATE THE MENU!!!!!!!!!! You're still given a menu with the old prices and most of the food is no longer available. My complaints have fallen on deaf ears and I'm convinced that they don't give a damn about their customers.