mvan1

Sao Paulo - Bar Fama (show and hustler bar)

• Members

It is currently about half-past midnight in Sao Paulo, November 20, 2015. Today is a holiday in Sao Paulo (Friday).

I will be meeting a couple of friends at Bar Fama in a while. Last weekend, Bar Fama was just "okay" but I was just told to come to the bar because the holiday has caused a lot of people (clients and garotos) to visit the bar tonight (Thursday after midnight) (Friday morning). Supposedly, the bar is filled with garotos and clients and loud singing drag queens and dancing go-go boys.

If anyone is interested in visiting Bar Fama at some time in the future, like I wrote previously, the bar opens late.

When you visit the bar at night, you don't see much of the architecture in the area because most places are closed. If you see the building during the day, you would never know that fun things happen there in the night.

Here is a daytime Google image of the building just in case you care and/or plan to visit the place. The day photo will help you realize where the bar is in relation to other buildings in the area.

Here is the Google photo:

https://www.google.com.br/maps/place/Bar+Fama/@-23.5410812,-46.6481655,3a,75y,197.9h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swoFb9Ch70cI4Y327BFaZ-w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x42e5869e522d262!6m1!1e1

Now, I am off to the Bar Fama. If it is exceptional, I'll make a report

• Members
10 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

If you click in the link to google pictures shared in an earlier post, you can see it is now closed. Unfortunately, it seems it was a great place,

It still is a great place.   It is not out of business.  

When you click on Google for any location, if the place is a business and it happens to be closed at the time you look at the site, Google will say the place is closed.  This does not mean that the placed is closed permanently.  

So, Bar Fama is alive and well, even though it has late hours and can be hit or miss when you go there.  

• Members
3 hours ago, mvan1 said:

When you click on Google for any location, if the place is a business and it happens to be closed at the time you look at the site, Google will say the place is closed.  This does not mean that the placed is closed permanently.  

So, Bar Fama is alive and well, even though it has late hours and can be hit or miss when you go there.  

Awesome news. I was disappointed to hear it had closed, as I had started planning a visit immediately after hearing about it. LOL. Glad to hear the reports of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

• Members
12 hours ago, mvan1 said:

● FECHADO AGORA
Qua: 20h00 - 05h00
Detalhes Entrada (R$ 10 entr. + R$ 20 cons)
Redes sociais pages
 Informações Conferidas em Jan/2016

Fechado agora (above) merely means "closed now"  (not permanently)  - the place is still in business - 
As  you can see from the above "cut and paste" that I provided above, the hours are from 20h00 - 05h00 (translation, eight o'clock at night until five o'clock in the morning).   
The entrance fee is R$10 ( equivalent to about three U.S. dollars and change).
Even though the business says it opens at eight o'clock, don''t waste your time going there until close to midnight or later.   If you go there early, sometimes, but not often, you will find some hustlers hanging around the place looking for early pickings.

• Members
1 hour ago, KevinC said:

Just to clarify....it is R$10 entrance AND R$20 mandatory minimum drink consumption.  So the total is R$30, still not bad.

"mandatory"  where does the mandatory come from?

On nights I went to Bar Fama with friends, and if the place was too empty for us to stay, we left after five or ten minutes and paid only the entrance fee of R$10. 

We were informed that if the place was busy with customers and garotos, and if we stayed in the facility to partially watch a show or "cruise" for more than ten minutes, we would be charged R$20 reais consumption charge on top of the R$10 reais entrance fee.  

In reality, it is not necessary to enter the facility to see if it is too dead to be interesting.  Just pull back the curtain near the entrance and look inside.  If it is dead, you leave.  Disappointing,  but quite a simple maneuver.