Tomcal

Guys who seek help and NEVER write a review!

One thing that really bugs me is guys who ask multiple questions on here before a trip and promise they will report on their experiences and they never do!! ...and they do it multiple times!

One guy has met me in LA for dinner to ask questions, met me in Rio for dinner same thing, after multiple trips! Never writes after the trip onky before to get alI the info he can!  I finally wised Up and blocked him!

But i see he has asked about Thailand and then never wrote anything, has asked about Prague, same result!  and now asked about Israel! He obviosly has the time to ask many questions but never has the time to help others!   Ok that's my rant for the day! :-) 

I have always wanted to share reviews of people and places I enjoy to get more people to enjoy them as well. But, some people are selfish and wish to keep things to themselves as they think that sharing will destroy their fun. 

I still know one guy in Brazil (Gringo) who always has lots of juice to tell me about how bad one boy is or how horrible another is. Why? He doesn't want me or others going with them.  It is a bit sick IMHO.

Tom shares as he cares about the boys and the places.  Many of us do the same.  But, it is frustrating to answer questions and then someone visits and never shares their experience even if just a bit.

• Members

One could easily pick the names of the guilty parties by going through the Latin America section, although it happens in other forums as well. It's selfish people taking advantage of the generosity of others. Use it but don't contribute anything yourself.

We saw it recently in another context, where people who contribute nothing to this website wanted to use it to air their grievances about a place that did not allow them to do that. Once done, they went they left, never considering that this site might offer them more than just a place to gripe.