Pt 2 con't.

while i think i will always go to Brazil and in fact i am going there in 2-1/2 weeks, i wanted to find a place closer to my home in Calif., that still offered the ability to meet guys!  No place imho will offer me the Quanity/Variety/ and beauty of Brazil but there are still some very fun places to go to!   As i grow older the 13+ hr trip to Brazil gets to be something i dread and i am usually in first or business class! For the last 4 years my friend Rob has spoken about Merida and this year opened a business there! I had not even heard of it so i went and visited him the first time in February.  Within a hour of landing we were walking through the main city Square in front of the Cathedral and i met a guy who was sitting on a park bench and ended up staying the night for $20.US! It has 4 gay bars/clubs and is overall very gay friendly!  And most importantly Mexico does not require Visas for Brasilians. I brought one of the guys from SP/lagoa last time and will definitely do it again!

• Members

I think this is a great thread, particularly the last couple posts, with Tomcal offering to share  his objectives with the rest of us - along with his rationale, and his strategy for getting there.   I personally wish him every success here.  It kind of makes us reflect on our own situation.   

Around a decade ago, I found myself traveling to Brazil, perhaps close in frequency to Tom, for both work and leisure, but for shorter stays.  it seemed like I was actually in the air around as much as on the ground in Rio, so I decided to reverse course and make Brazil the base.  I had and still have compelling personal reasons for doing so (who doesn't), and I had to put in the time to make the professional context work.  I do go back to the states around once a year, and if friends or family want to see me more, then they  have to visit me here.  It turned out that even with the most varied of tastes there were a lot of worse places for them to visit as they show up way too often LOL

On 12/25/2016 at 11:53 AM, Tomcal said:

Pt 2 con't.

while i think i will always go to Brazil and in fact i am going there in 2-1/2 weeks, i wanted to find a place closer to my home in Calif., that still offered the ability to meet guys!  No place imho will offer me the Quanity/Variety/ and beauty of Brazil but there are still some very fun places to go to!   As i grow older the 13+ hr trip to Brazil gets to be something i dread and i am usually in first or business class! For the last 4 years my friend Rob has spoken about Merida and this year opened a business there! I had not even heard of it so i went and visited him the first time in February.  Within a hour of landing we were walking through the main city Square in front of the Cathedral and i met a guy who was sitting on a park bench and ended up staying the night for $20.US! It has 4 gay bars/clubs and is overall very gay friendly!  And most importantly Mexico does not require Visas for Brasilians. I brought one of the guys from SP/lagoa last time and will definitely do it again!

Ill have to give good old Mexico another look outside of just Cancun....

Everything you said makes sense....the flights are long and going I am fine since I am am anticipating all the fun I will be having...

Mexico is a close flight from homebase in Atlanta...

I need to look into some other locations as well that are gay friendly with thriving opportunities....