TotallyOz

Poll: How long with Donald Last?

I voted 6 months to one year.

Comey is being so painstaking and deliberate in building his case in order to:

1. Nail every individual involved in the treason.
  2. Nail each of them to the maximum extent possible.
  3. Make sure the Man at the Top has no way to wriggle free of responsibility.

We look askance at Comey for how he bumped the election against Hillary. That view tends to make us forget that he, and all the dedicated career people in the DOJ, care deeply that the Trump team have committed very arguably the most outrageously treasonous set of acts ever perpetrated on the American people and their electoral process. And the lesson must be delivered loud and clear that this will not be excused or forgiven just because the whole thing looks like a clown circus.

Those U.S. citizens' and candidate's inviting Russian meddling into our election are the most serious kind of federal crimes, and are not going to escape being dealt with as such.

• Members

I'm ready for it to be over now.  It's exhausting, and I find this whole ordeal has usurped my entire life.  You want to avoid it but you cant cause its in your face every moment of every hour.  And the whole Trump tweeting thing is so far beyond the Presidential demeanor expected of our countrys leader.  The man has made the USA a laughing stock and a bigger foreign target than it ever was.  If ever there was an elected official that needs to GO.....  its Drumpt....

Guest lurkerspeaks

As much as I hate the cheeto president, remember who the next in line is..... VP Pence. And Pence is worse than Trump. Where Trump is a rascist, bigoted idiot, Pence is an educated rascist idiot.

• Members

I think Trump is doing enough right now to put him in office for another 4 years.

I think he loves this battle with the Media for the hearts and minds of the citizens.

The Liberals are going crazy with riots and destruction.  They can't stay at this fever pitch for 4 straight years.

Everyone acts like they are surprised by everything Trump does...

Guest Larstrup
1 hour ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

The Liberals are going crazy with riots and destruction.  

Where are these riots and destruction?

• Members

Sorry, Liberals: Online Outrage Won’t Take Down Trump

Social media is a tool, not a weapon. To have real impact, protesters need to stay in the streets.

(A version of this column originally appeared on Poynter.org.)

February 3, 2017 10:00 am

Social media is central to Trump protests, but it it a real antidote?
By Drew Angerer/Getty Images.

The press is enamored of the word “narrative” these days. A current favorite: How Donald Trump may live by the sword of social media, but he will also die by it.

Witness the instant demonstrations by women nationwide and over his immigration order. The New York Times’ “The alt-majority: How social networks empowered mass protests against Trump” is one of many similar analyses.

“We’re witnessing the stirrings of a national popular movement aimed at defeating the policies of Mr. Trump. It is a movement without official leaders.”

When it came to the women’s march, “it was...a protest as sprawling, diverse, and ubiquitous as the platform that spawned it: Facebook. The social media platform of more than a billion people is stunning in both its scale and specificity. It’s the world’s town square, a venue far-reaching enough to connect people of all races, religions, and nationalities and targeted enough to elevate the petty squabbles of the local PTA meeting.” (Wired)

Let’s wonder about the inevitable democratizing impact of technology assumed by many. There are a lot of dictators around. There’s a rising right-wing movement in Europe very much fueled by the same technology. And, if New York and Washington-based reporters got out a wee bit more, they’d see that along with all that frustration, there’s a whole lot of apathy despite Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, you name it.

Click link below for full story.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/02/online-outrage-wont-take-down-trump

• Members

But then there is this...

Democrats fear that violent anti-Trump protesters are only helping him

Trump protest in San Jose descends into violence

Play Video2:11

Outside Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's rally in San Jose, Calif., on June 2, his supporters were chased down, punches were thrown and "Make America Great Again" hats were set alight. (Jenny Starrs/The Washington Post)
By Jose A. DelReal and Sean Sullivan June 3, 2016

Democrats and Hispanic activists said Friday that they are increasingly alarmed by a spate of violence at Donald Trump rallies instigated by anti-Trump protesters, fearing that the incidents — widely viewed on television and social media — will only help the GOP candidate and undermine their attempts to defeat him.

The latest flash point came Thursday in downtown San Jose, where a demonstration outside a Trump campaign rally quickly escalated out of control. Several protesters assaulted Trump supporters, ripped pro-Trump signs away from them and stomped on vehicles in the area. A flurry of video clips circulating Friday morning showed bystanders who sustained bloody injuries.

Link to story below:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-fear-that-violent-anti-trump-protesters-are-only-helping-trump/2016/06/03/37b8c17e-299b-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html?utm_term=.de3ba8dd8024

• Members
1 hour ago, Bucknaway1614502762 said:

Democrats and Liberals are going to make this a violent 4 years....  They were out of hand before the election and are still chewing their cud a month after...

Trump is still settling in.

Bucky, what's your point here ?  If you support Trump, fine, just say so and stop with all this subliminal shit .  Obviously he has supporters. He got elected, right ?   And soon those that elected him will find out they made the most terrible mistake, when he's humiliated and led away.  That's the image that's giving me life now !  

• Members

Sorry guys but the rural areas and 'fly-over' country' still loves the guy and Yes they think he is doing what he promised. That includes where I live outside the 2 main cities. What has he done some are asking? Illegal Immigration and the start of deportations, Pipelines, working on a Healthcare plan they think they can afford and hoping for the Expanded Medicaid welfare ride to end, because our state like most others can't afford it since the Feds reduced their share forcing it on state budgets. 500,000 NEW Medicaid insured, the ONLY reason the uninsured rate went down in my state. A steady stream of companies deciding to stay and expand here. A Supreme Court nominee they absolutely love, Expanding the Military etc... This is why people voted for him. You may not like these things but they do.

Hillary won the popular vote but look where her winning margin was.... California. She won Cal by 4.3 million...Nationwide by 2.8-2.9 million. http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/its-official-clintons-popular-vote-win-came-entirely-from-california/           I haven't checked the numbers but I was told her LA County margin alone was more than 2.8 million.

Remove California from the equation and Trump had the Popular vote. What does it take for people to realize that if you get off the Damn coast it is a different country and yes, like it or not Trump rules the Heartland....Sorry guys. 

I personally am just sitting back hoping for the best and trying to give him a chance just like I did Bush and Obama with as open a mind as I can TRY to have. No I don't see a Republican Congress, and a few Red state Dems, voting for impeachment anytime soon.

• Members
5 hours ago, KYTOP said:

Sorry guys but the rural areas and 'fly-over' country' still loves the guy and Yes they think he is doing what he promised. That includes where I live outside the 2 main cities. What has he done some are asking? Illegal Immigration and the start of deportations, Pipelines, working on a Healthcare plan they think they can afford and hoping for the Expanded Medicaid welfare ride to end, because our state like most others can't afford it since the Feds reduced their share forcing it on state budgets. 500,000 NEW Medicaid insured, the ONLY reason the uninsured rate went down in my state. A steady stream of companies deciding to stay and expand here. A Supreme Court nominee they absolutely love, Expanding the Military etc... This is why people voted for him. You may not like these things but they do.

Hillary won the popular vote but look where her winning margin was.... California. She won Cal by 4.3 million...Nationwide by 2.8-2.9 million. http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/its-official-clintons-popular-vote-win-came-entirely-from-california/           I haven't checked the numbers but I was told her LA County margin alone was more than 2.8 million.

Remove California from the equation and Trump had the Popular vote. What does it take for people to realize that if you get off the Damn coast it is a different country and yes, like it or not Trump rules the Heartland....Sorry guys. 

I personally am just sitting back hoping for the best and trying to give him a chance just like I did Bush and Obama with as open a mind as I can TRY to have. No I don't see a Republican Congress, and a few Red state Dems, voting for impeachment anytime soon.

Rural America can't save this presidency. Not sure if you have been watching the news this weekend, but popularity aside, he crossed a line on Friday that might be a "Bridge too far". Damning stuff.  It's a constant drip of one scandal after another.  Not to mention the Russian connection, which grows daily. I'm not sure his presidency can survive this. I respect your right to champion him, and so I wish you luck.

We'll see....

• Members
59 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

Rural America can't save this presidency. Not sure if you have been watching the news this weekend, but popularity aside, he crossed a line on Friday that might be a "Bridge too far". Damning stuff.  It's a constant drip of one scandal after another.  Not to mention the Russian connection, which grows daily. I'm not sure his presidency can survive this. I respect your right to champion him, and so I wish you luck.

We'll see....

Well at least the Trumpsters over here are NOT as rabid as the ones on "other" sites....No CLOWN suits in site !  :P

• Members
1 minute ago, Suckrates said:

Well at least the Trumpsters over here are NOT as rabid as the ones on "other" sites....No CLOWN suits in site !  :P

LOL...Which is why I tempered my response. ;)

• Members
2 minutes ago, MsAnn said:

LOL...Which is why I tempered my response. ;)

Well you are to be commended.  I on the other hand have no filter, and would have still said, "shut the fuck up you morons and take off your blinders"....  But you are right, THAT would have just been TOO MUCH !  

You gotta love the under-educated !!!  :wub: