Tomcal

Merida Mexico

The first three days I was here I was volatile doing things the house but since last Sunday I've been busy busy with the different guys in town and I guess he is pretty good I have one guy comes at around noon every day of your comes another night and usually stays the night! Both of these guys i met off grindr!  When i went on tonight within 10 minutes i had 16 guys message me! Not quite as good as the saunas in Rio but close!  I now have 4 regulars depending on the day! Two are free abd two cost me $500. Pesos(about $28.us) and thats for all night!

Guest bobbalino

I like where this is going, and we owe a debt ... tomcal, you are like the "blind" set up to flush out as many Yucatan men that you as any one man can. Later on, when the sheer numbers prove to be far more than you can handle (a huge number, to be sure),  some of the rest of us can move in and pick them off like sitting fucks. 

I need to apologize for the spelling and grammatical errors in my last post, I was doing it on my phone!  Thanks Bobbalino, but there are truly enough guys for everyone here!  

Today the doorbell rang at 11:00 and it was the cute guy from the party on my last trip, he left at  1:00 pm and at 2;00 a cute twink from another party showed up and wanted to know if I wanted some fun?  He just left and I got a message from another guy that he is looking for "extra work, but I am going out to dinner with a couple friends and after I have a guy I met on grindr staying overnight(he has stayed that last 2 out of 3 nights but he has to get up at 7;00 am to go to work and I needed to sleep in this morning so I didn't have him stay last night and now he thinks I am mad at him...I tried to tell him he did nothing wrong). Going to Brazil next month and I think it will be more restful then Merida! lol

• Members

Enjoy your reports on Merida. I have been to Mexico City and enjoyed it , but just to big for me. Wonder what you think of using Airbnb in Merida ( safety concerns) I am Diamond Hilton but the HGI does not appear to be in the best location.

I am an APP user with Hornet my favorite . Twink Bottoms are what I like. Included is a photo from Hornet of a boy I just love. Maybe you already know him.

Thanks,

FC

IMG_3352.PNG

4 hours ago, firecat691614502759 said:

Enjoy your reports on Merida. I have been to Mexico City and enjoyed it , but just to big for me. Wonder what you think of using Airbnb in Merida ( safety concerns) I am Diamond Hilton but the HGI does not appear to be in the best location.

I am an APP user with Hornet my favorite . Twink Bottoms are what I like. Included is a photo from Hornet of a boy I just love. Maybe you already know him.

Thanks,

FC

FC,  airbnb is what i used the first 4 times i came here when i was looking for houses. Basically 3 companies manage 90% of the homes in this area on Airbnb(including mine) very safe!! I cant emphasize that enough! At midnight you will see a mixture of ages from young to elderly strolling around at midnight in Centro!  The houses were all in the centro area so you can easily walk to 100+ restaurants, bars, etc.

As far as twinks go, there are alot of cute ones!  Uber is great here and the way to go.

pM me if you have any ?

http://yucatanexpatlife.com/u-s-realtors-recommend-merida-expats/.   The one error is were he says "the average price of a home is $125,000.US.  Not in the area were most of the expats live which is Centro!  I doubt anyone reading this would be pleased with that price home there!  I would guess the minimun price would be closer to $250,000.US and i saw some around that price that were nice.

Guest KevinC
On 7/20/2017 at 3:47 AM, Ojibear said:

I think I could swing 100 to 150 grand for a condo.  A small condo in my home town goes for around 180K.

Therefore, home price in Merida Mexico is more expensive than Montreal Canada.  WOW and LOL.

7 hours ago, KevinC said:

Therefore, home price in Merida Mexico is more expensive than Montreal Canada.  WOW and LOL.

No that is not true ! Ojibear said "a small condo in his city would be $180,000."For that price in merida you could have a Home/single family residence! not a condo!  but if you choose a condo it would be larger and nicer ghen what you could get in Canada, which i would guess is the reason so many Canadians have winter homes here.  

One thing about Mexican real estate is their are no mortgages for foreigers, so you have to pay all cash and closing costs are around $12,000.+US 

For sone of you who messaged me here is some info:

Mérida has one of the largest centro/ histórico-districts in the Americas (surpassed only by Mexico City and Havana, Cuba). Colonial homes line the city streets to this day, in various states of disrepair and renovation; the historical center of Mérida is currently undergoing a minor renaissance as more and more people are moving into the old buildings and reviving their former glory.  This is being done primarily by Americans and Canadians because as one Mexican friend said to me " we don't want to live downtown where my grandparents lived! We want to live in the suburbs in new homes."  Mérida has a centro/ histórico typical of colonial Spanish cities. The street grid is based on odd-numbered streets running east/west and even-numbered streets running north/south, with Calles 60 and 61 bounding the "Plaza Grande" in the heart of the city. The more affluent neighborhoods are located to the north and the most densely and less affluent populated areas are to the south.

The Centro Histórico area is becoming increasingly popular with Americans, Canadians and other expats who are rescuing and restoring the classic colonial structures. The Los Angeles Times recently noted this surge of interest in rescuing Mérida's historic downtown.[4]. Mérida's Centro, or historic core, has an enormous stock of Spanish colonial buildings, in a kaleidoscope of sherbet-hued orange, red, green, and pale blue. Many of these homes are in total disrepair—more than a few have trees sprouting in their living rooms and facades crumbling into the streets—but a growing number are being lovingly maintained or refurbished by Mexicans and expats alike, who find in the bones of the city a canvas for their architectural fantasies. For those used to cutthroat markets in Miami or New York, the prices are literally unbelievable: A two-bedroom in need of a serious refurb, $25,000. A fixer-upper with room to add an in-ground pool, $115,000. A fully restored two-bedroom with a plunge pool and two-and-a-half baths, $160,000.(personally i didn't find anything that i liked in this price range)

I am not one to work hard at resoring so i bought a home that had only the outside walls remaining 7 years ago and was completely restored with original tile work, beams etc., but with stainless steel appliances in the kitchen and a pool and solar!  The photos below are reprentative of the archeticure you will find-3rd pic is the college two blocks from my house

IMG_8088.PNG

IMG_8089.PNG

IMG_8090.PNG

IMG_8091.PNG

6 hours ago, KevinC said:

"... Somebody is screaming for attention. LOL."

That is obviously you Kevin! Since your sole purpose on this board seems to be to critique motive, purpose, ridicule  the poster, , etc. rather then provide information relative to the topic(s) being discussed! Looking at your posts there seems to be a at the best making fun of the poster to at the worse just being a ass! You try to disguise your petty bullying by putting "LOL" frequently at the end of your posts, its not working!  We have had your type posters before on here! Never contributing anything worthwhile but quick to crave attention by critising the posts of others! Either way your contributions are minimal and you are more a troll then a comtributor since you started posting, IMO!  

• Members
8 hours ago, Tomcal said:

That is obviously you Kevin! Since your sole purpose on this board seems to be to critique motive, purpose, ridicule  the poster, , etc. rather then provide information relative to the topic(s) being discussed! Looking at your posts there seems to be a at the best making fun of the poster to at the worse just being a ass! You try to disguise your petty bullying by putting "LOL" frequently at the end of your posts, its not working!  We have had your type posters before on here! Never contributing anything worthwhile but quick to crave attention by critising the posts of others! Either way your contributions are minimal and you are more a troll then a comtributor since you started posting, IMO!  

Just select "ignore user" by passing the mouse over his nickname.

It will strongly decrease the quantity of KevinC's shit you're going to read on this forum. Too bad that sometimes it still appears inside quoted texts.

I really don't understand why there's no moderation at all in this forum, allowing some guys to be such ridiculous flamers, impolite and unfriendly, especially towards new users.

• Members
Just now, Tomcal said:

Thanks he is the first person i have put on the ignore list!

You're welcome.

OT:

Anyway this is a serious problem, and I don't get why administrators don't take it seriously.

We're around 15 active users in this section of the forum. If you let people be so unfriendly to new users, this forum will die. If you let people to bully who really contributes to the forum, it will die at an even faster rate. Once I said that i was going to report my travels on this forum, but instead I will never publish my travel reports and sauna pics in this forum, unless this doesn't change.

Why do you tolerate constant flames from trolls against users who actually keep (or want to keep) the forum alive?

Guest lurkerspeaks
1 hour ago, likeohmygod said:

You're welcome.

OT:

Anyway this is a serious problem, and I don't get why administrators don't take it seriously.

We're around 15 active users in this section of the forum. If you let people be so unfriendly to new users, this forum will die. If you let people to bully who really contributes to the forum, it will die at an even faster rate. Once I said that i was going to report my travels on this forum, but instead I will never publish my travel reports and sauna pics in this forum, unless this doesn't change.

Why do you tolerate constant flames from trolls against users who actually keep (or want to keep) the forum alive?

Amen to this. A certain negative nelly is why I cut WAY back on my posts.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I guess we have two options.. Here we have very minimal supervision/moderation, or "the other place" where you can get banned for looking at (certain) people the wrong way. 

• Members

I'd encourage you to post your travel reports Likeohmygod. I enjoy reading about the travel and experiences of Tomcal and others, and the reports are often very helpful.

The internet is like life. You can't let rude or irritating people dictate the conversation. When they upset you, just ignore them. Remember there are plenty of other people here who value the different inputs.

15 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

You're welcome.

OT:

I am a bit befuddled. You think someone on the Internet making a snide comment is serious enough for an admin to intervene? And you think anyone is isn't friendly should be banned?  In your definition, few of us would be left.  We all say things we think are OK and not knowing they will be taken differently than we meant.  I do this often. I don't mean to be snide but it happens.

I agree the post in question as an asshole post.  And, if someone disturbs you, just ignore them.  If something rises to the level of being a troll, there is a process to get rid of them.  See the Comments Section and the Community Comity Commission. If two members make a complaint to the admin then the jury begins.  If the major votes, the outcome will be adhered to.  Since this has never been used, why don't you give it a try.  I'd love to see how the process works in real life.