TotallyOz

Aaron Carter comes out as Bi

“I grew up in this entertainment industry at a very young age and when I was around 13-years-old I started to find boys and girls attractive,” Carter continues. “There were years that went by that I thought about, but it wasn’t until I was 17-years-old, after a few relationships with girls, I had an experience with a male that I had an attraction to who I also worked with and grew up with.”

“I never want to be a figure of disappointment,” he concludes, summing up his letter with a Boy George quote: “I’ve never felt as though I didn’t belong, I just acted as though I did.”

http://www.newnownext.com/aaron-carter-comes-out-bisexual/08/2017/?xrs=synd_facebook_nnn

27 minutes ago, Suckrates said:

This just aint news anymore.  Who the fuck cares who is what ?   Just do YOU, and stop publicizing it !  

IMHO, the gay rights movement increased a great deal because people were willing to say, "I'm gay."  I think very important to publicize it! And, the more friends we have in areas like Hip Hop, Rap, etc, the better off we all are. We have made great strides, but as you see from the asshole in office we can be pushed back.  I am thrilled with famous people say I'm gay or Bi or transgendered.

• Members
41 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

IMHO, the gay rights movement increased a great deal because people were willing to say, "I'm gay."  I think very important to publicize it! And, the more friends we have in areas like Hip Hop, Rap, etc, the better off we all are. We have made great strides, but as you see from the asshole in office we can be pushed back.  I am thrilled with famous people say I'm gay or Bi or transgendered.

I agree visibility is important, but they are making it like its some Big thing, something special.  It's not special.  Its commonplace and needs to be viewed as such.   Once people see it as mainstream, and not just some big event or publicity getter,  only then will it be more acceptable. 

On 8/10/2017 at 11:12 PM, Suckrates said:

I agree visibility is important, but they are making it like its some Big thing, something special.  It's not special.  Its commonplace and needs to be viewed as such.   Once people see it as mainstream, and not just some big event or publicity getter,  only then will it be more acceptable. 

I am not so sure. I thought we had finally broken through all the barriers I'd see in my lifetime but one president can do so much damage and harm.  I believe this will set the gay rights movement back. Not forever, but for some time as his supporters are anti-gay.

• Members
31 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

I am not so sure. I thought we had finally broken through all the barriers I'd see in my lifetime but one president can do so much damage and harm.  I believe this will set the gay rights movement back. Not forever, but for some time as his supporters are anti-gay.

The people that were haters Before, will continue to hate.  Those that had love in their hearts WONT go to Trumps dark side.  His supporters were anti-gay Before HIM.... So they are just a lost, misguided bunch. 

• Members

As someone who was school-aged when the Backstreet and N-Sync and Ricky Martin were dishing out hits, it would have been great if they had came out back then. However, whether or not it would have done any justice or difference I don't know.

The Black kids always made fun of N-sYNC and Ricky and all them as being gay..then again.even the football White jocks considered them "gay" too. I think them coming out gay "at that time" may have furthered the stereotypes. But at the same time, maybe it would have spared the average looking guy having to hear every girl go cuckoo, and feeling like less of a human for not being as cute as Ricky Martin and A Carter and etc. 

At the same time, things were different so it's better late than never. As accurately as middle and high school kids seem to suss out who's gay, they sure are an intolerant bunch for when someone actually is gay. But then again come to think about it...it actually seems they are only intolerant and make fun of guys who are bi or struggling to come out the closet.

That's why for me, in college I decided to come right out as gay whenever the classroom introductions started. That kills people's fun right then and there. No guessing games, no poking fun. Even just pretending to be asexual doesn't work. You have to either be talking about fucking women or you're gay. 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, TotallyOz said:

On the contrary. Trump is exactly the dynamite needed to hoist his supporters by their own petard, in the eyes of the vastly larger majority who voted against him.

Remember he rather significantly lost the popular vote. He "won" the election only because of (1) very large-scale Russky meddling in our electoral processes and (2) the long-outdated stupidities of construction of the Electoral College, whose real historical basis is very extremely racist indeed. Look it up.

Guest Eliminature

I remember my favorite song when I was a kid who I used to sing for my girlfriend "I gonna miss you forever". It always makes me cry when I remember the day she moves place.

Who's next to out Bieber? 

• Members
On 08/15/2017 at 7:27 PM, AdamSmith said:

Remember he "won" the election only because of (1) very large-scale Russky meddling in our electoral processes and (2) the long-outdated stupidities of construction of the Electoral College...

Well now. let's not fail to give that clapped out old pol  the Dems nominated her just due. I mean, my God, Crooked Hilary barely managed to see off our very own version of Jeremy Corbyn in the primaries. LOL, wasn't it her good friend, former senator Dale Bumpers who commented (right after she was nominated) "You can always trust Hilary...to fuck things up."

58 minutes ago, MsGuy said:

Well now. let's not fail to give that clapped out old pol  the Dems nominated her just due. I mean, my God, Crooked Hilary barely managed to see off our very own version of Jeremy Corbyn in the primaries. LOL, wasn't it her good friend, former senator Dale Bumpers who commented (right after she was nominated) "You can always trust Hilary...to fuck things up."

True, dat.

Alas!

Guest Evan24
On 12/08/2017 at 4:42 PM, Suckrates said:

The people that were haters Before, will continue to hate.  Those that had love in their hearts WONT go to Trumps dark side.  His supporters were anti-gay Before HIM.... So they are just a lost, misguided bunch. 

I agree, as awful as Trump is I think he's a product of a problem in America, rather than the cause of it. Russell Brand put it really well when he said that the issue isn't that Donald Trump was elected, the issue is that the circumstances existed in the first place that enabled someone like Trump to become elected. I think there's a lot of truth in that. And although Trump can do a lot of damage as president, it's why those circumstances existed and what those issues are that are the more important things to be addressed, and that will have the most detrimental long term effect on the country if they aren't. Even if Trump was removed from office tomorrow they'd still exist (and you'd have Mike Pence in charge :/ )

• Members

Police have visited Aaron Carter's apartment in Florida multiple times this week, after receiving calls claiming the 29-year-old singer has been struggling with alcohol and drug issues, and is allegedly threatening to kill himself, ET has learned.

Wow, that man is fucked up. I wish I could save him. I don't know why people screw themselves up so much...

3 hours ago, unicorn said:

Police have visited Aaron Carter's apartment in Florida multiple times this week, after receiving calls claiming the 29-year-old singer has been struggling with alcohol and drug issues, and is allegedly threatening to kill himself, ET has learned.

Wow, that man is fucked up. I wish I could save him. I don't know why people screw themselves up so much...

So many young stars get fucked up. The glamor and the fame at a young age come at a price. It is very sad!