BiBottomBoy

Byan Singer Missing

• Members

Given Singer's well-known propensity for attractive fit young men, I'm not surprised. This item appeared on 9 November on a highly-respected UK gossip site: 

Singer's sudden stagefright 

Ever since it was first announced back in 2010, the Freddie Mercury biopic has been an endless string of problems. It's been through so many actors, directors and drafts of the script that you'd think the thing was cursed. 

Yet just when it looked as if things might finally be coming together, something very strange appears to have come over the film's current director, Bryan Singer. Word from the set is that he's having fairly regular breakdowns and has been going MIA so frequently that the production keeps getting shut down. 

What on earth could have happened in the last few weeks that might be causing famous Hollywood director Bryan Singer such consternation, we wonder? 

Surely nothing that could bring the entire project to its knees?

• Members

My speculation, of course, is that, as many gossips suggest, he may have had various attractive young men service him.  With the current moral climate about men in positions of power, his behaviour might be viewed as coercive.

I certainly recall that when Superman Returns was being filmed largely in Sydney in 2005 there was gossip in City Gym. It seems that a film-maker worked out there with a different personal trainer each time. It was reported to me that he asked the trainer if he'd like to be an extra in the movie; the trainer was then invited back to his hotel for dinner and to discuss his role. I can't vouch for the rumour that the audition was always overnight. City Gym had some trainers who were bi or gay and others who were straight. It was said to me that he had them all in turn.

32 minutes ago, msclelovr said:

My speculation, of course, is that, as many gossips suggest, he may have had various attractive young men service him.  With the current moral climate about men in positions of power, his behaviour might be viewed as coercive.

I certainly recall that when Superman Returns was being filmed largely in Sydney in 2005 there was gossip in City Gym. It seems that a film-maker worked out there with a different personal trainer each time. It was reported to me that he asked the trainer if he'd like to be an extra in the movie; the trainer was then invited back to his hotel for dinner and to discuss his role. I can't vouch for the rumour that the audition was always overnight. City Gym had some trainers who were bi or gay and others who were straight. It was said to me that he had them all in turn.

Sounds about right - particularly if they were young