TotallyOz

5 Must Do Things in Sao Paulo

When I was there 3 weeks ago I stayed about 5 mins.  Lagoa is the only place worth going to imho.  there is going ton be a new sauna opening up in SP around May or June, the building has been bought and being remodeled now. It could be a good alternative to Lagoa which has less then 2 years left on its lease and then will either have to move or close

• Members

As far as I know, nobody on this forum ever wrote about Chili Peppers, the sauna/hotel that's supposedly is doing extremely well in S.P., so well  they just opened another branch in Belo Horizonte and are talking about yet another one in Salvador (tellingly they are skipping Rio). Shamelesly I never been there myself, but judging by their website they have fancy suites with private Jacuzzis and bottle service (if you are so inclined) and you can go there for a quickie or stay the night. They are open 24/7 and looks perfect to take a cute Lagoa boy that you can't (or shouldn't) bring to your hotel, and since they are in the Arouche area, maybe even a Bar Fama hustler that is too high to be taken anywhere else. 

• Members
1 hour ago, Gotti said:

As far as I know, nobody on this forum ever wrote about Chili Peppers, the sauna/hotel that's supposedly is doing extremely well in S.P., so well  they just opened another branch in Belo Horizonte and are talking about yet another one in Salvador (tellingly they are skipping Rio). Shamelesly I never been there myself, but judging by their website they have fancy suites with private Jacuzzis and bottle service (if you are so inclined) and you can go there for a quickie or stay the night. They are open 24/7 and looks perfect to take a cute Lagoa boy that you can't (or shouldn't) bring to your hotel, and since they are in the Arouche area, maybe even a Bar Fama hustler that is too high to be taken anywhere else. 

The one and only time I visited Chili Pepper, there were fugly trannies (or tranny-looking guys) there. I didn’t see any attractive guys so I left quickly.

i an curious to learn if others had a better experience.

• Members

Not every sauna has garotos available, Chili Peppers forbids rent-boys doing their trade on premises (there are other saunas with the same policy). If you are looking for pretty hot things you should bring your own and find him elsewhere, as suggested in my post.

The place is owned by the same people who did "269", a landmark sauna in SP that lasted only two years and lost their lease in a dispute that caused a commotion in SP gay community. They did not allowed garotos as well and became famous because of it's lavish facilities, never seen in SP before or since. I went once but could not get in so long was the line and was my last night in the city for that trip. Chili Peppers is a different beast, since is a mix of sauna/hotel and is supposedly kind of expensive and I usually leave all my money at Lagoa. Like most people on this forum I prefer saunas with boys. Hopefully in a future trip with some discretionary income.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, dallastexas said:

FloridaRob... how is Fragata nowadays?  I just arrived in Sao Paulo yesterday and am curious if Fragata was how I used to remember back in 2012 when I want to Brazil for the first time.

I like the guys at Fragata, and the staff is super nice. The rooms are horrible though, so I always take someone back to my hotel usually, after a burger at Meats,lol

I've been to Chili peppers hotel, decent place.....after being to the saunas and  able to select who/what you want...you get spoiled....takes time to hook up with someone there, more cruising and usually someone you're not into, persists to try and be with you :-(

• Members
On 2/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Gotti said:

As far as I know, nobody on this forum ever wrote about Chili Peppers, the sauna/hotel that's supposedly is doing extremely well in S.P., so well  they just opened another branch in Belo Horizonte and are talking about yet another one in Salvador. 

I think no one from this forum reported about this place because Chilli Pepper is just another gay hotel with a sauna.  It does not have rent boys.   

There are lots of gay saunas in Brazil.  Other than for Fragata and Lagoa, gay saunas in Sao Paulo do not have rent boys.   

The facility being mainly a hotel means that identification is required to check into the hotel.  According to one of the reviews found at Tripadvisor, the hotel does not accept a photo copy of a passport as identification.   This could be a problem because most tourists in Brazil do not carry their passport while being out at night cruising around.  Needless to say, if a persons' passport were lost or stolen, there would be lots of time and aggravation getting it replaced.

Looking at Tripadvisor shows only bad reviews of the place.  

The website of the place contains some nice photos - However, most gay saunas have nice photos.  

Here is a link to the facility's website:

http://www.hotelchillipepper.com.br/

Now we know why Chilli Pepper has not been discussed here.  

• Members

Trip Advisor is not a gay site, is a travel site, Chili Peppers probably fell short as a travel Lodge, even for a gay person, since is sauna/hotel. A lot of people staying in Sao Paulo have concerns about bringing a boy to his hotel my suggestion was for people looking for a place for a quickie or one night stand, this can be checked in my post. I would never suggest to someone visiting Sao Paulo to stay at the Peppers for the duration of their trip. I think a lot of people on this forum would appreciate a review in case a brief and temporary situation arises. Let's hear from the boys!

• Members
On 2/3/2018 at 9:45 PM, Tomcal said:

When I was there 3 weeks ago I stayed about 5 mins.  Lagoa is the only place worth going to imho.  there is going ton be a new sauna opening up in SP around May or June, the building has been bought and being remodeled now. It could be a good alternative to Lagoa which has less then 2 years left on its lease and then will either have to move or close

It isn’t possible for Lagoa to renew the lease?  

It would be too bad if they have to close, they have the nicest layout I think of any sauna.   Plus I love the jacuzzi..

the property is worth more to property developers either commercial or high rise residential! just like most major cities! NYC had SBNY(splash bar new york) it was there for over 15 years in Chelsea and very profitable(the manager was a bf of my friend) but the owners got a offer and it’s now going to be a high rise condo! 

São Paulo and Rio are the same! Juniors lease is up in less then 2 years also, and the owners of pointe’s building are the owners of the Atlantic hotel a few blocks away. they are either putting a hotel or condo where pointe is! the same with Lagoa!

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 9:00 AM, floridarob said:

Did all except the burger...my FAVORITE burger place in SP is Meats, around the corner from Fragata.

Rob you mean the place you took me too where i got the raw bloody burger? and when i sent it back it came back just as rare if that's possible...:-)

• Members
2 hours ago, Tomcal said:

the property is worth more to property developers either commercial or high rise residential! just like most major cities! NYC had SBNY(splash bar new york) it was there for over 15 years in Chelsea and very profitable(the manager was a bf of my friend) but the owners got a offer and it’s now going to be a high rise condo! 

São Paulo and Rio are the same! Juniors lease is up in less then 2 years also, and the owners of pointe’s building are the owners of the Atlantic hotel a few blocks away. they are either putting a hotel or condo where pointe is! the same with Lagoa!

We definitely do not want São Paulo and Rio to go the way of New York City. I say this as a property owner and officeholder there — it is now nothing  but a playground for trust fund babies. The edge and sleaze are completely gone. The nightclub scene is dead and the sex trade has been driven to the World Wide Web. A sanitized Brazil would be a boring, sexless Brazil. The sauna scene for gays and brothel scene for straights needs to be preserved. They both are part of its charm and its attraction.