floridarob

AirBnB recommendations GRU & GIG

I've stayed in both apt's & hotels in Brasil....Was wondering if anyone has links of good, inexpensive places they've stayed?

Looking for about $50 usd per night, I only need a place to sleep and fuck, nothing fancy but not a dump either.

Black out curtains a plus, A/C, Wifi, and no street noise (has been my biggest problem in the apt's I've stayed.

Rio , I prefer Copa

SP, I like Centro

• Members

Haha... Good luck. 

I think that this is the most secret information in this forum. I have never seen a user posting suggestions of an Airbnb place (there's just one recent exception, from a user who suggested a couple of guys who has some good apartments in Copa and Ipa listed on Airbnb). 

Rsrsrs people don't want to run the risk of having their favorite apartments occupied during their planned stay in Brazil 

• Members

I've struggled to find Airbnb.

I've stayed at, and am going to stay at in a few weeks, Ibis in Copacabana. Reasonable prices (by Rio prices) and fairly modern, clean, and secure - and OK with overnight guests. 

Let me know if you have other recommendations?

20 hours ago, floridarob said:

I've stayed in both apt's & hotels in Brasil....Was wondering if anyone has links of good, inexpensive places they've stayed?

Looking for about $50 usd per night, I only need a place to sleep and fuck, nothing fancy but not a dump either.

Black out curtains a plus, A/C, Wifi, and no street noise (has been my biggest problem in the apt's I've stayed.

Rio , I prefer Copa

SP, I like Centro

$50 per night in Copa will be a DUMP if you even find that...thats really, really low, even for Rio

Depending on the season and how high up the apartment is, noise should not be a problem...

Also, when researching look at reviews and make sure it is not just based on location...

My apartment during New Years had a great location, steps away from the beach and the metro but NOISY as fuck and I was on the 5th floor but facing the street

Black out curtains...Good luck

A/C and wifi shouldnt be an issue...

AirBnB has some great deals going on right now...

I booked for early March, October and New Years week

15 hours ago, likeohmygod said:

Haha...

Rsrsrs people don't want to run the risk of having their favorite apartments occupied during their planned stay in Brazil 

that is so true! I have been staying at the same apt. in Ipanema for the past 6 years and about 3 years ago a guy from the forum who i didn’t know, i told about where i stay and why and he asked me for the contact info and i gave it to him because he said he was going the next month and I wasn’t so i give it to him!  turns out he wasn’t going when he said and ended up booking it for the same week i wanted it! so i don’t give any info re the apt.to anyone anymore.

• Members

Personally, I would only give contact info on a good apartment to a friend or someone I trust, and not just to some rando on a message board on the Internet.

When they might book the place is not my greatest concern. What I’m more cautious about is how they might treat the place or how they might abuse the unspoken or spoken rules of the place — which could affect others’ ability to rent that place freely in the future.

If I know you and trust you, then sure. If not, then do your research like everyone else.

So, I guess I treat this info about apartments the same as I do for men that I might meet. 

I have become fairly good friends with the owner of one of the places I rent regularly in Ipanema. If I were to recommend his place to someone, and that someone abused the place or caused grief, my chances of staying there again would be diminished. And the only response I’d have is, “I didn’t know the guy either. He was just some rando on the Internet!”

• Members

At considerable cost and inconvenience I experientially researched by apartment hopping every 3 nights on earlier trips. Eventually found THE one ... URL hidden ;). I had uninterrupted sleep there and I would have paid double for that feature alone. I do not lose sleep at home wondering if I will be "cock-blocked". Random booking guests there already pose a hassle when choosing my dates. 

it varies from $50. to $1,000 depending on size, type and location.   and decent is in the mind of the person,  my decent you might think is crap and visa versa!   I think you are overthinking this!  find a type of apt you want  1 or 2 or 3 bedrooms :-)    and a price you can afford in what ever area you want to be in!