TotallyOz

Farewell Scott Pruitt

3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

It is good news but I would have prefer an attack on him more centered on his policies and less on his unethical behavior.

If I have to use a glycerin suppository before bottoming because I did not eat my fruits & veggies, the outcome ^_^ is still the same.

:cheer:

• Members
58 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

If I have to use a glycerin suppository before bottoming because I did not eat my fruits & veggies, the outcome ^_^ is still the same.

:cheer:

Not really. If the same situation would have happened in an opposite ideological landscape, I would have probably defended him staying in office. I do not like arguments that later on can be turned against my side by accusing us of having a double standard.

If I am President, and have a secretary who effectively manage my environmental protection policies protecting national parks and there areas, holding accountable polluting agents, promoting renewable energy sources, etc, etc., I would probably be ore lenient with his unethical practices. I am not saying I would be OK, but my focus is always on the policies rather than int he behaviors. I would support any administrative and judicial investigations of his misbehaviors, I would support any proper accountabilities, I would publicly and privately confront him, but I would keep him in office as long as possible.

That is why I am bitterly glad he is out.

3 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

You may disagree, @AdamSmith, but I think the events are proving my point. We just ride of a corrupt administrator who is going to be replaced for probably another corrupt administrator, while the deplorable environmental policies continue to be the same, or even worse. I told you.

tenor.gif

I think that Pruitt being replaced with an even worse chancre sore on the lip of the EPA will only accelerate the voting public's revulsion.

Of course I have been gravely wrong in my timing-judgment about these things before.

We shall see.

• Members
5 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

will only accelerate the voting public's revulsion.

That's certainly part of the problem. His numbers are holding, at least among the tribe. Regardless... My hope lies in the mid-terms, with women, and Mueller.

• Members

Guys, let's cut POTUS a little slack, OK?

Clearly there was a consensus among reputable Republicans that the Trump administration would be a black-hole for careers. Who else but  sleaze bags, fools, complete naifs or fanatics with a massive axe to grind even bothered to apply for policy level jobs.? The Donald is doing the best he can with what's available.

You think even a bloody bit of snot like Sessions doesn't curse the blind ambition that led him to give up his day job to work for Trump?

4 hours ago, MsGuy said:

You think even a bloody bit of snot like Sessions doesn't curse the blind ambition that led him to give up his day job to work for Trump?

There is even a good lot of news-gossip that Sessions & Rosenstein have formed an odd-fellows bond over both having to put up with DJT's abuses & outbursts.

• Members
On 7/7/2018 at 7:51 PM, AdamSmith said:

I think that Pruitt being replaced with an even worse chancre sore on the lip of the EPA will only accelerate the voting public's revulsion.

Of course I have been gravely wrong in my timing-judgment about these things before.

We shall see.

The EPA is likely the most hated agency in the Federal government by business.  I also opine that it is not well liked by those worker bees who have lost their jobs or have to do what they regard as unnecessary activities because of the EPA.  

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Poor Ximena Parreto, POTUS appointee to a communications post at HHS,  was forced to resign by a howling mob of politically correct cup cakes. Apparently the advocate for Pizzagate, Birther, Seth Rich/Clinton murder and various 'rich Jews control the government' theories went a step too far when she posted a number #Banislam observations.

12 hours ago, RA1 said:

The EPA is likely the most hated agency in the Federal government by business.  I also opine that it is not well liked by those worker bees who have lost their jobs or have to do what they regard as unnecessary activities because of the EPA.  

As we have discussed over tea before, mere species survival matters nought in your view.

Economic growth uber alles!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/27/weather/gallery/extreme-heat-weather/index.html

• Members
On 7/30/2018 at 1:25 AM, MsGuy said:

Clearly there was a consensus among reputable Republicans that the Trump administration would be a black-hole for careers. Who else but  sleaze bags, fools, complete naifs or fanatics with a massive axe to grind even bothered to apply for policy level jobs.?

So true. Who wants to work for a Mob boss? That's exactly what it is like to work for Trump. I know from experience. One time. Long ago. Never again. The asshole can go fuck himself, along with all his smug prick cronies like Pruitt.

• Members
6 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

With most species decimation a pretty much forgone thing.... why not?

I think you would settle for one out of every ten?

I am not wishing for the human species to be eliminated, just aware of the statistical possibility.  As I think we both have agreed, Mama Nature can take care of herself.  Abuse her and stand by for contrary results.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Probably the biggest PR mistake Obama ever made was poking fun of Donald Trump at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. As deliciously funny and deserving as the joke was, a popular Black man joking on the racist Donald for all to see was the death knell. The only thing Trump cares about is annihilating everything and anything that has Obama's name on it. That's what you get for belittling the thin-skinned mobster boss. Pruitt stood in a long line of people waiting and willing to help Trump achieve this goal.

On top of this, Trump knew that many on the Republican side hated Obama. And some (if not much) of the hate was because Obama was Black. The strategy to "shut down Obama" would guarantee that all those asshole voters would stick by Trump no matter what.

If you throw a racist asshole a couple of Black men's bones, Trump can shoot a White baby on 5th Avenue and get away with it. That quote from Donald was no accident.

8 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

Probably the biggest PR mistake Obama ever made was poking fun of Donald Trump at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. As deliciously funny and deserving as the joke was, a popular Black man joking on the racist Donald for all to see was the death knell. The only thing Trump cares about is annihilating everything and anything that has Obama's name on it. That's what you get for belittling the thin-skinned mobster boss. Pruitt stood in a long line of people waiting and willing to help Trump achieve this goal.

On top of this, Trump knew that many on the Republican side hated Obama. And some (if not much) of the hate was because Obama was Black. The strategy to "shut down Obama" would guarantee that all those asshole voters would stick by Trump no matter what.

If you throw a racist asshole a couple of Black men's bones, Trump can shoot a White baby on 5th Avenue and get away with it. That quote from Donald was no accident.

What you say here is the essence that has gone too long unreported:

Obama himself directly inflamed the not entirely stupid Orange One into action.

BO has yet to openly admit his grave at-fault here.

• Members
8 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Obama himself inflamed the not entirely stupid Orange One into action.

The Press Corps knew how to enjoy a good laugh, and they loved Obama's sense of humor and his talented delivery. But no one fully knew then how thin-skinned and vengeful Trump really was. Not many people knew how racist he was, either. Yet, everyone in New York State knew about the discrimination lawsuits against a few properties, dating as far back as his racist father. That easily explains why NY abandoned Trump in droves. I won't even mention why Wall Street-ers hated him. I suppose they're all loving their tax breaks now. Over one trillion in debt, the fucking hypocrites. Wait until their children and grandchildren are faced with the bill.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:15 PM, RockHardNYC said:

The Press Corps knew how to enjoy a good laugh, and they loved Obama's sense of humor and his talented delivery. But no one fully knew then how thin-skinned and vengeful Trump really was. Not many people knew how racist he was, either. Yet, everyone in New York State knew about the discrimination lawsuits against a few properties, dating as far back as his racist father. That easily explains why NY abandoned Trump in droves. I won't even mention why Wall Street-ers hated him. I suppose they're all loving their tax breaks now. Over one trillion in debt, the fucking hypocrites. Wait until their children and grandchildren are faced with the bill.

Bloomberg knew. Alas, no one heeded his remark delivered late in the race:

'I'm a New Yorker, and I know a con when I see one.'