Badboy81

Too much information or too little...?

Serious question...

With the advance of social media and forums...

How much is too much information to share...I like reading info on peoples trips and suggestions but what is considered too much info...

I never say names or post face pics of any of the guys that I have been with or tell too much info where somebody would be bale to figure out who I am talking about...

Being vague can be a good thing...

But I want to know from others what is too much information or too little information to tell...

• Members

If the guy advertises publicly somewhere, like viva local, anything goes, except what he is not giving in his ad. For example if he doesn’t have a face pic, then it would be out of order to post a face pic of that guy. 

For grindr guys, I wouldn’t post anything that reveals his identity, but would be happy to describe the sex in detail, purely for entertainment, though, because I don’t expect anyone to find the same guy, grindr is not fixed, it shows people depending where you and they are, unlike an ad. 

For sauna guys, I feel the real identity of the guys is out of order, so no face pics unless you have explicitly asked permission. But their sauna name is not their real name, so I have no issue posting that and the details of the sessions. After all they are selling a service which is legal, and we should be able to know who is good in the cabin, and who isn’t. We can only do that if we ID them by their sauna name. And the only people who will be able to find them from these posts are people going to the sauna, which to me is just like talking to another patron at the sauna itself. 

• Members
On 9/27/2018 at 10:40 PM, Badboy81 said:

How much is too much information to share

It varies. If I'm going to pay someone for a service and invite him into my living space, the more I know about that person the better. No matter what the service is.

If we're hooking up in public, I set limits on what we will do, and I have personal litmus tests that I've been using for many years. So far so good.

I respect personal information and privacy when shared. Most men who are with me for at least five minutes find out how serious I am about this.

I don't need to know someone's legal name, unless when it's necessary, like paying for a plane ticket. But I appreciate honesty on all other details. When I ask someone his hiv status, I look him in the eye as he answers. It's not foolproof, but I've been studying human behavior for a very long time. I have a strong sense when someone is lying to me. When I feel that sense, I move on, no matter how hot the guy is. Liars are a turn-off. I don't want to share their company.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:38 AM, RockHardNYC said:

It varies. If I'm going to pay someone for a service and invite him into my living space, the more I know about that person the better. No matter what the service is.

If we're hooking up in public, I set limits on what we will do, and I have personal litmus tests that I've been using for many years. So far so good.

I respect personal information and privacy when shared. Most men who are with me for at least five minutes find out how serious I am about this.

I don't need to know someone's legal name, unless when it's necessary, like paying for a plane ticket. But I appreciate honesty on all other details. When I ask someone his hiv status, I look him in the eye as he answers. It's not foolproof, but I've been studying human behavior for a very long time. I have a strong sense when someone is lying to me. When I feel that sense, I move on, no matter how hot the guy is. Liars are a turn-off. I don't want to share their company.

Exactly.