Lucky

Welcome To Sodoma!

• Members

So there is a new book out, released simultaneously in several countries. In France, the title is "Sodoma". Here it is "In The Closet of the Vatican."

The author says he has spent 4 years researching the book. The finding is that the majority of priests in the Vatican are homosexuals, although not all are practicing.

He has already gotten the first dagger in. The crooked Archbishop Marcinkus, who forbade the use of condoms to prevent AIDS, was himself, a homosexual.

The book is 560 pages long, so let's hope it maintains its objective facade and keeps up the stories!

When the price of admission is you have to believe that the creator of the universe committed ritual suicide because he was mad at you, it is hard for anything really rational to come after.

I think hypocrisy is inherent in all organized religion. Catholicism is one of the biggest, so it gets called out a lot, but no other organized faith manages it better I think.

• Members

I finished the book, which was no small task given the length and extremely bad writing. We are left with the idea that many (the book says maybe 80%) of the Church hierarchy being gay in some way. These priests form a gay cabal of sorts. The author maintains that it is the closeted priest who does the most harm because they feel the need to be homophobic to cover their own secret. Worst is when gay church leaders tell men with AIDS or wanting to avoid AIDS that condom use is banned. The author details other stories of closeted clergy in thrall to local dictators, essentially held hostage due to their secrets. A couple of the priests named were truly horrific people in their brutality. Anyway, I am glad to be done with it.

• Members

Thanks for plowing through the book for us, Lucky, and for the summary.

That the RC clergy is disproportionately gay seems like common sense to me, especially in developed countries (little economic incentive to seek ordination) but 80% just doesn't seem credible to me. 

5 hours ago, MsGuy said:

Thanks for plowing through the book for us, Lucky, and for the summary.

That the RC clergy is disproportionately gay seems like common sense to me, especially in developed countries (little economic incentive to seek ordination) but 80% just doesn't seem credible to me. 

More like 90%?

^_^

One has, in Boston, known personally ;) very many of these shits.

• Members

Pope Benedict must have been worried that the book I posted about will make further impressions on people that he is gay. The author's premise is that the more they scream about gays, the more likely they are. (mind you, they don't have to be active!)