Avalon1849

I'm Getting Used To Falling

• Members

I fell in February and on 11 March. Both times getting into bed. I now sleep in my chair in the living room. Tonight (22 March) I was walking from the bathroom to my chair when I collapsed. I was just a few feet away from the chair. I have Life Alert. They have been quick in getting here. Thankfully I've not been hurt or injured. Only black & blue.

I had them put a kitchen chair outside the bathroom door. So in the future when I exit I can sit a few minutes to get my strength.

Glad you have not been hurt. I am getting older and each year I find ways to cope and change my lifestyle. I now do not use bathtubs as they have rounded edges but use a shower only to take showers. I am always fearful of slip and falls.

• Members
12 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

Glad you have not been hurt. I am getting older and each year I find ways to cope and change my lifestyle. I now do not use bathtubs as they have rounded edges but use a shower only to take showers. I am always fearful of slip and falls.

I  was always a shower person. I now do what I call a "spit bath". I'm not able to step over the side into the tub/shower. And even if I could I would not be able to stand long enough.

• Members
On 3/23/2019 at 12:03 AM, Avalon1849 said:

I  was always a shower person. I now do what I call a "spit bath". I'm not able to step over the side into the tub/shower. And even if I could I would not be able to stand long enough.

I can still get into the tub. But, I've added a shower chair since I can't stand / shower at the same time. Even have a grab bar but can't shower while standing up.