TotallyOz

Bluff City Law

Bluff City Law is a new series on NBC. It is staring Jimmy Smits as one of the leads. I fell in lust with him in LA Law many years ago and have always enjoyed seeing him. The new series is good so far and I like the way it is evolving. I hope the first season keeps going strong.

• Members
On 10/15/2019 at 9:31 AM, TotallyOz said:

Yes, it is based in Memphis and talks about Vanderbilt grads. But, a good story line so far.

I finally watched an episode.  It was OK once you got past the "faux" Southern accents of Jimmy Smits (who, like you, I like) and others, some who did not have any accent at all.  :(  My brother in law once claimed that mid western folks, like him from New Mexico, had no accents at all.  Still, I liked him. :)

Best regards,

RA1

2 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

@TotallyOz, you are always hunting for shows with hot boys. Have you checked the 2 seasons of Elite in Netflix? Gay sex and making out scenes are abundant, specially in season 2.

I have it on my To Watch list but now you have said that, I'll move it forward.

I just finished the whole The Ranch and liked it so I was looking for my next show to binge. :)

22 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

@TotallyOz, you are always hunting for shows with hot boys. Have you checked the 2 seasons of Elite in Netflix? Gay sex and making out scenes are abundant, specially in season 2.

I tried watching this but the English speaking over the Spanish really gives me a headache.

• Members
3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I tried watching this but the English speaking over the Spanish really gives me a headache.

Give Elite another try, @TotallyOz, it is indeed a good series, with quite a bit of young eye-candy. Of course, @Latbear4blk and I do not have the language problem, although I must say that for us LatinAmericans, Spanish from Spain can get annoying sometimes. :D

Edited by numerito

• Members
12 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I do not really understand. If you are set for one language, you should not hear the other one. If you mean that the English doubling the original sound track is disgusting, there are alternative ways. Listen to the original Spanish sound track and set the subtitles in English. That is how I have enjoyed many movies all my life. I always go for the original soundtrack, and subtitles in English or Spanish.

8 hours ago, numerito said:

Give Elite another try, @TotallyOz, it is indeed a good series, with quite a bit of young eye-candy. Of course, @Latbear4blk and I do not have the language problem, although I must say that for us LatinAmericans, Spanish from Spain can get annoying sometimes. :D

Funny thing, Netflix gives you the option for Latin American Spanish amongst the possible soundtracks. The option only says “Spanish”, but if you pick it for Elite, it will not take you to the original soundtrack. The right option states “Spanish (Spain)”.

Edited by Latbear4blk