Latbear4blk

Watchmen HBO 2019

• Members

I am surprised no one started a thread about this show. Not only is exquisitely written and performed. The sound track hits you almost every single episode if you are in your late 50s like myself. Take special care to the episode about Looking Glass, the sound track has variations on one of my favorite George Michaels'  songs.

Besides being a exquisite artistic production, it is full of homo-friendly and sex positive clues. Dr. Manhattan's ex girlfriend relieves her nostalgia with a huge blue dildo. There is a long term passionate relationship between two of the super heroes (furthermore, interracial), the White rich one leaves his fortune to the Black Working Class one. The actor playing Dr. Manhattan is smoking hot and appears fully naked several times, showing a beautiful dick (of course perhaps it is photoshopped). I specially remember a long walk in the snow with his dick bouncing at each step. There are also some nudes in the scenes in Europa's settlement.

Beyond the candy eyes moments, it is a beautiful piece of art. 

tenor.gif?itemid=155891218ff0238144e0e534cf90a22b6f1d62a0737d0ef2367b9a3b2c0c30ea725816d74265ce4a34137ae5

It took me a few episodes to get into it. I have now finished the first season and the season ending made it worth the wait. I enjoyed the nude scenes and his beautiful cock but it was not a lot of it showing. I did like the way the story was written and flowed. Thanks for reminding me to give it a try. I'm glad I finished it. I had watched one episode before and just didn't get it. Glad you shoved me to finish it. I agree it was a good show.

For 2019, I still like The Good Fight as my favorite show. I could not get enough of it. I also liked This is Us. Damn, this show gets me each episode and each season gets better. There were lots of good shows out for 2019 and perhaps too many for anyone to keep up with. I try but it gets harder each year as more stations keep adding new shows.

• Members

I do really want to see this as well, unfortunately it's not on my HBO on-demand, but I should get screener access soon.  Also eagerly awaiting access to Picard.   

I did just finish S1 of His Dark Materials, and... meh.  It's pretty well done and very well shot, with some good actors and great VFX, but something about it didn't resonate with me, though I may well also watch S2 when it comes out (already in the can).  

Started to watch the new War of the Worlds miniseries and... watching a post-apocalypse show while sheltering in place is rather difficult.  Especially with all the stupid personal crap... IT'S THE END OF THE FUCKING WORLD, PULL TOGETHER AND STOP YOUR BULLSHIT I keep feeling like yelling at the screen.  Then again I feel like that reading some threads on here too...  ;oP